What's your dream car?

I feel sexy in the old time sports cars like a Trans AM ( sp)   Camero or the like . Unfortunately that is way out of my budget so a short dress will have to do . 🙂 

I had a Honda Sports Model  a few years ago and it cost way to much in speeding tickets. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

On 8/15/2020 at 10:55 AM, Sugar Kayne said:

Isnt that Shelby from Gone in 60 Seconds? 🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩

To be honest, I hate that dumb 2000 movie. Not because the Mustang used was bad, but because a lot of people now wrongly think it's a Shelby GT500.  And as many replicas were made, we now see those in car shows identified as the real thing instead of kit cars/replicas. And owners will try selling those for Shelby money when not worth more than the platform and powertrain used to make it. 

Some can say "The Fast and the Furious" did the same, but they didn't. Yes the stats and performances were pure fiction, but at least they never misidentified a vehicle.

This is a REAL 1967 Shelby GT500:

14744490-1967-shelby-gt500-srcset-xxl.jpg

14744493-1967-shelby-gt500-srcset-xxl.jpg

41 minutes ago, Greenteal said:

To be honest, I hate that dumb 2000 movie. Not because the Mustang used was bad, but because a lot of people now wrongly think it's a Shelby GT500.  And as many replicas were made, we now see those in car shows identified as the real thing instead of kit cars/replicas. And owners will try selling those for Shelby money when not worth more than the platform and powertrain used to make it. 

Some can say "The Fast and the Furious" did the same, but they didn't. Yes the stats and performances were pure fiction, but at least they never misidentified a vehicle.

This is a REAL 1967 Shelby GT500:

14744490-1967-shelby-gt500-srcset-xxl.jpg

14744493-1967-shelby-gt500-srcset-xxl.jpg

That sucks! I had no idea. Movie 'magic' at its finest i guess 🙄 This car is gorgeous, tho; they should have used this one 😎😎😎 

Funnily enough, it looks like the car from the Fast and furious movie 😅

This one really is stunning, i can see why you selected it as your dream car. Its probably too loud for me to want it for myself even as a dream otherwise it would be my new dream ride for sure!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sugar Kayne said:

That sucks! I had no idea. Movie 'magic' at its finest i guess 🙄 This car is gorgeous, tho; they should have used this one 😎😎😎 

Funnily enough, it looks like the car from the Fast and furious movie 😅

This one really is stunning, i can see why you selected it as your dream car. Its probably too loud for me to want it for myself even as a dream otherwise it would be my new dream ride for sure!

The only similar car from the franchise was a 1967 Mustang Fastback with a Nissan twin-turbo 2.6L inline six used in "The Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift"(2006). And the movie made sure to show it was completely modified.

maxresdefault.jpg

5c649f469d6f3203950014d8cd3f50f6.jpg

Guest MelanieRose
On 8/15/2020 at 9:00 AM, clearbluesky15 said:

@MelanieRose

Do those have associations or memories associated with them?  What are the elements that make them stand out for you?

They do 🙂, my grandfather had a ford tempo for about fifteen years before he passed , was his Florida car and he used to take us everywhere with it, I can remember how cool I thought the red interior was lol, it was a good little car. My dad had Lada's for a while when I was growing up, I feel they would be cool cars for checking out backroads, parts are hard to come by but it would be pretty cool for offroading I feel. I always end up with low cars but the thought of something like that or a jeep sounds fun for exploring. The Dodge camper vans, my childhood friend's father has one and has had it for as long as I can remember and it would be cool to travel across BC in 😍. When I say dream car I mean with little to no km's or in top shape like when they were made lol. 

I've always been a big fan of classic cars and Lincoln continentals certainly top my list of classic luxury cars so here's my dream car. The 1975 Lincoln Continental Mark V.  One thing about these old classic beauties you can have a real good time in the back seat and not feel cramped lol.

1976_lincoln_continental_mark_iv_15804042761e1a7d3d14c05672CAEF5B4-57F0-478A-A9C2-033F0ADC7C95.jpeg

Edited by SelenaD76
  • Like 2

I've always been a big fan of classic hers but the one Curr that stands out for me in terms of what a luxury car was supposed to be like it has to be the 1975 Lincoln Continental Mark V.  I've always love Lincoln's and this is one car I would love to have

1976_lincoln_continental_mark_iv_15804042761e1a7d3d14c05672CAEF5B4-57F0-478A-A9C2-033F0ADC7C95.jpeg

• Like 1

I always dreamed of owning a Porsche 911.  Had the pleasure of driving one in Germany but never bought one.

2019 Porsche 911 Turbo / Turbo S Review, Pricing, and Specs

• Like 3

Obviously if you really want to be prepared for anything, this should be your favourite.

Zombie apocalypse come get some

General_Dynamics_to_upgrade_LAV_III_8x8_armored_vehicles_of_Canadian_army_in_LAV_6_standard_640_002.jpg

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, OldandNerdy said:

Obviously if you really want to be prepared for anything, this should be your favourite.

Zombie apocalypse come get some

It would also be great for driving through rush hour traffic and giving a friendly nudge to the idiots that like to cut you off without signalling and then slow down.

• Like 3

There are so many sleek, fast, and totally beyond my budget cars out there.

But since we all have our own individual tastes and dreams, here are mine ....

If I had to choose an OLD CLASSIC it would be a 32/33 Ford or Chev.  Very similar back then  ... for some reason ...  remember ZZ Top?

If I had to choose a LUXURY CAR it would be a 1958 Cadillac Fleetwood (I actually have rode in one)

If I had to choose a SPORTY CAR it would be the Shelby GT500 (although the Ford GT would be my ultimate).

zz_top_eliminator2-450x300.jpg

1958-Cadillac-Fleetwood-Series-75-Limousine.jpg

07GT500_wht_rs_01.jpg

2021-ford-gt-mmp-1-1594322134.jpg

• Like 1

Guest Miss Jane TG

Was a dream (BMW 750Li) until I closed a deal on one. My intake on cars is that they are liabilities. One acquires them only after conquering real & cash producing assets. And never buy them first hand, let some Cavalier take the depreciation hit for you!

mybmw750li.jpg

14 hours ago, spontanious said:

I'm surprised with the lack of muscle cars

So many factory builds from the 60 to mid 70s 

Cheers 

If I were restricted to choosing a classic North American car then I would definitely go for a '57 Vette or '67 Camaro RS/SS.  Now I just need to win a lottery!

1957 Corvette - Bred to Race - Corvette Fever Magazine

1967 Camaro RS/SS Photograph by Wayne Deslauriers

• Like 3