London / Black Barbie from Leolist

I don't see this covered anywhere on the forum yet.  I am also interested to know if anybody has had any experience with London.  Any information is appreciated!

1 hour ago, StephanieMystique said:

Would a post in the warning section be more appropriate then? 

Or he could follow the boards rules instead of making not so subtle innuendos...

5. NO NEGATIVE REVIEWS

Lyla is not a review board. We are a forum. It's fine to leave positive recommendations for people, but please refrain from writing negative reviews. If you had a bad experience, take it up with the individual. Lyla is not a place to bad mouth anyone or attempt to tarnish someone's reputation. If you see this happening, please report it to a Mod.

1 hour ago, Greenteal said:

I don't think he said anything wrong. 'I have. PM for details' doesn't say it was a bad experience or not. There wasn't also a need to ask him for recommendation to be honest. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, davidfield said:

I don't think he said anything wrong. 'I have. PM for details' doesn't say it was a bad experience or not. There wasn't also a need to ask him for recommendation to be honest. 

We'll see what the mods will say or do about it.

Edited by Guest

Way to many Scams going on in this city that's why I only deal with YFL where booking s easy and you don't need to show a passport . 

Not that I really have any business posting in this NS forum (I live in Ottawa) but this thread identifies what I see as a degradation of the spirit of Lyla and a waste of energy. This comment may be better placed in a board-wide forum. I think these requests for comments on leolist advertisements generally lead to unwelcome comments on here. 

Here are three suggestions for dealing with leolist/other forums:

1. Post a recommendation here, in the pertinent section, when you have a pleasant (or even wonderful!) experience. Nota Bene*: best provided by established and participating board member, I'm tired of the number of first time and only (shill) posts I've been compelled to report. Participate, post, and discuss, as you wish, to demonstrate your bona fides*.

2. Post a warning in the appropriate area for DANGEROUS and blatant scams. id est* those sections aren't intended for the airing of grievances due to lack of chemistry (see N.B. above). As grandma often reminded this youngest sibling, who often felt hard done by, "Doesn't matter how thin the pancake is, there's always two sides".

3. Let's do what we can to elevate the benefits of being here on lyla: This will help both SWrs and clients alike: the more reliable providers and respectable clients that are engaged on this board the better off we all are.

exempli gratia* Here is a video (because I'm a mathlete and a geek) which you should watch for two minutes at about 36:50 that shows an important example: 

I highly recommend watching  the whole video (admit it, you've likely got an hour available) - this was recorded Dec. 26, 2019 and is both prescient and prophetic, Early in the video are a couple of segments which clearly explain covid test reliability as well as vaccine effectiveness.

* Latin provided to clarify my age.  :)

• Like 3

I don’t see anything wrong with saying “PM me for details”.  It’s just an invitation to discuss an experience in private.   You can read into that as much as you like.

besides how should we interpret a lack of recommendations?  It doesn’t always mean something negative.  It might be more of a reflection on members not being as active as we should be. 
I agree with @waterrat, the more we all participate the better off we all are.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sharpe said:

I don’t see anything wrong with saying “PM me for details”.  It’s just an invitation to discuss an experience in private.   You can read into that as much as you like.

I think that part,

16 hours ago, kplove1974 said:

I definitely don't want to post a recommendation for her.

pretty much describes what he wanted to share privately.

Reason why better to not say anything at all.

Guest lydiahardwood

Hey guys. I don't think there's anything inherently wrong about DMing to discuss in private but the comment about "definitely wouldn't leave a recommendation" goes against our ethos, which is why I've hidden it. I would say in future it's best to say nothing unless it's positive or you're reporting a scam. However I will bring this up with our town council to get their input. 

On 10/3/2020 at 10:58 PM, Barney said:

Way to many Scams going on in this city that's why I only deal with YFL where booking s easy and you don't need to show a passport . 

What's YFL?

On 10/3/2020 at 7:41 PM, Greenteal said:

Or he could follow the boards rules instead of making not so subtle innuendos...

5. NO NEGATIVE REVIEWS

Lyla is not a review board. We are a forum. It's fine to leave positive recommendations for people, but please refrain from writing negative reviews. If you had a bad experience, take it up with the individual. Lyla is not a place to bad mouth anyone or attempt to tarnish someone's reputation. If you see this happening, please report it to a Mod.

Just curious, who made you the Mayor of this board? Nobody cares what you think of other people's posts, and nobody needs a lecture from you on every single post on this board. 

1 minute ago, Bart Sampson said:

Just curious, who made you the Mayor of this board? Nobody cares what you think of other people's posts, and nobody needs a lecture from you on every single post on this board. 

I'm not "Mayor of this board". But like a few other regulars, I occasionally assist mods and admins by reporting abuse and answering technical questions and inquiries.

If you think I overstepped my boundaries, you're more than welcome to report my posts and voice your concerns to moderators.

Have a nice weekend.