Do not take the temperature on the forehead. Must watch

This video is bullshit.

The infra-red temperature "gun" does not shoot or transmit infra-red energy into a person's head. It is simply a receiver that detects the infra-red (heat) energy that is coming off of a person or object.

The red light that the device emits is basically a low powered laser pointer used to ensure that the "gun" is accurately pointed at the surface that you want to measure. It does not contain enough energy to penetrate the brain, the skull, or even the skin.

Like many of those videos, I take with a grain of salt or just plain ignore. By looking at other videos posted by this person, there a lot of anti-vax and other conspiracy theories in the content.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over this.

36 minutes ago, clearbluesky15 said:

social media science... best described as ‘buyer beware’ 🙂

My favourite example was those engine-powered hydrogen generators.... ie ‘ perpetual motion’...  

Can also add Flat Earthers, quackery medicines like homeopathy and faith based "science".

The only part of the video slightly grounded to reality is not being the most precise way to take body temperature. But the purpose is not accuracy. It's simply to quickly identify potential fever and send that person for a secondary screening process. Also, the suggestion of only using the wrist is even less precise as extremities are more subject to ambient temperature change.

main-qimg-4bb1c030cd787adf2ae41fc80d9da73f.jpg

Remember that accuracy and precision ore two different things. 

I've heard that rectal temperatures address both of these but I hate the taste of those thermometers :)

• Haha 2

I actually agree that "training us to accept the notion of pointing a device that looks like a gun" is so wrong on so many levels. The pineal gland is important, and I have no interest in disrupting its function. I also have no interest in a "non-medically trained individual" using this device on me. I would allow on my elbow crease, but not on my forehead. The purpose of this screening is to see if the individual has a fever. A degree variation is not significant. Our temperatures vary throughout the day. A significant temperature is quite another thing.

Am I a conspiracy therorist? Not really. However, I am appalled at ongoing changes we seem to be accepting without any real basis of understanding. Think back in time. Would you have allowed someone to point what looks like a gun at your head without going ummm? However, society is slowly moving towards changes that a decade would have been considered impossible. Hell, I have to have paperwork to cross my provincial border within my bubble province. They even ask what time of day I will be crossing. Are we moving in this direction? I'm a spiritualist, so I know my Angels are protecting me. I do worry about children who are being shown that this is normal.

Sorry, don't point that at my pineal gland. I recommend you avoid it too.

COVID-19-Travel-Papers.jpg

Edited by Meaghan McLeod
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Meaghan McLeod said:

Sorry, don't point that at my pineal gland. I recommend you avoid it too.

Relax. There is no danger whatsoever to your pineal gland.

As I explained in my post above, if someone points an infra-red thermometer at your head they are not "transmitting" anything into your brain. In fact, it is the exact opposite. Your head is "transmitting" infra-red energy (heat) into the detector or "electronic eye" of the device. The detector measures this received infra-red energy and electronic circuitry converts it to a temperature reading that is displayed on the screen.

Again, the little red light has nothing to do with infra-red energy or temperature measurement. It is simply a convenient indication of where the "electronic eye" is looking. You could block the red light with black tape and the thermometer will still read your temperature.

Guest Miss Jane TG

The totality of the ordeal we're going through is meant at programming society. And that's where comes the mainstream narrative of the 'new normal' for a claimed variant of a virus that have co-existed with humanity probably since its inception. There is absolutely no scientific basis for justifying the temperature checks to start with, let alone the dehumanizing effect of pointing a temperature gun at one's forehead. People are giving up liberties they never fought for at the whim of politicians' ordinances and they will see where that leads to. All it takes is to read history!

Hold these words against me, wait until the CERB (and other fancy schemes) end and people come out from their caves to see their 'new normal'. It's not going to be about masks, social distancing or contact tracing. That is just the spell. It will be a new economic & political reality. It's then, and only then, that people will realize what they have given up combating a variant of flu with a mortality rate akin to a heavy flue season (according to the establishment's own admission). Cheers for the p[l]andemic!

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.”

George Orwell