Sign in to follow this  

Dating In These Times

I thought I'd post this topic because I've noticed more than a few companions advertising (both here and Twitter...likely elsewhere too) they are back working and it follows there must be more than one or two clients seeing companions now.  And I think I've mentioned that I've paid for three dates in full (17 hours in full paid for, yet to be consummated LOL) so there's a little, well more than a little personal interest too. 

Clients and Companions may have strong feelings one way or the other about dates during these times.  This post isn't about whether you should see clients/companions or not, this is more about the safe(est) way to see a client/companion during these times (does that make sense)  If you have strong feelings about seeing clients/companions please read lydiahardwood's post and thread first https://www.lyla.ch/topic/184797-no-judgement-during-the-pandemic-please/

Now after all that long winded rambling one of the ladies I pre paid for a date quite a few months ago contacted me on Monday (Labour Day) saying she would be in town (one of the towns I tour to, I'm a touring client LOL) at the end of October and would I like to finally meet her?  I checked my calendar and other things and said "yes"  OK more than a little personal interest I guess

Now for what I'm doing precaution wise.  Yes I'm aware of the serious risks and what I'm doing from my end to minimize the risks.

First I'll be Covid tested (again) getting that damned swab shoved up my nose...and yes I'll cry (anyone not tested yet get tested, you'll understand why you cry) prior to the date to ensure I'm covid free.  And if not obviously I'll cancel.

Second and no change I'll be living 80% self isolated (I only go out for groceries and medical/physiotherapy)  Only change upon return from the date I'll lock myself in my place and live 100% self isolated for a two week period.  If symptoms show, I'll get tested...actually I'll get tested whether symptoms showing or not 

Third when out I'll wear a mask, keep six feet distance between myself and others, wash my hands (frequently) with disinfectant soap and followed with hand sanitizer

The companion I'm going to see gets tested (covid tested that is) every two weeks so when we meet it'll be two covid free people meeting.

And the drive home the next day no stops (I usually get a coffee for the road) This time straight home close and lock the door and out again in two weeks time.

With all that posted, what are clients/companions doing to reduce risks if they are booking dates?  Or if not booking dates but thinking about it what are they going to do to reduce risks. And it's not just information for me but for anyone who could benefit from the information.

A long winded rambling

RG 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is a very important and thoughtful topic to introduce RG. Like you, I've 'pre-booked and payed' for a couple of visits for post covid-19 times, when and if they arrive. I'm leaning towards arranging some 'physically distanced' social outings with some favourites: meeting for an outdoor coffee, glass of wine on a patio or a stroll through one of the many parks and pathways here in Ottawa. Social visits are awesome too. 

I've been for a couple of massage sessions where the MA or club have clearly spelled out their protocol for managing mutual safety and where masks were in use. Both sessions were with ladies I knew and in the case of the spa she came in to visit with me and a few of her regulars.

When I'm ready for more intimate visits I will arrange with ladies I know from Lyla who are ready and willing to host - protocols in place, limited clients etc. I'm operating with an abundance of caution due to underlying health issues. 

In the meantime I haven't reduced my 'entertainment' budget - it's important to support your friends and any local SW organisations.

• Like 1