The Lyla Weight Loss Program

Well, as I mentioned in a different thread about intermittent fasting, I've been trying to lose a bit of weight.

As I've gotten older, like most fellas, I've noticed a bit of extra weight being held on to the last few years.  Usually I go up about 10 lbs over the winter due to lower activity levels, and then go back down when the warm weather hits.  With this 'wonderful' year of strife and setbacks it seems the weight stayed on over the summer.  Just not getting out and being active enough coupled with bad eating habits.  It all adds up.

Anyway... the reason for the post, when I started dabbling with the intermittent fasting idea, I was finding that the days I stick to it and also pay attention to what I eat, I've been losing about 0.8-1.2 lbs a day.  Then unfortunately on weekends I tend to stray and then gain a couple of lbs back, and the cycle continues. I even bought a "smart scale" to help me keep track so I can plot out my weight daily.

So why the heck am I even posting this?  Why are you even still reading this stupid post?  Why the title?

Well my friends, I found a great weight loss program.  I booked some time with my favourite provider last week, and found out the next morning I lost almost 2 lbs!  My friends!  I have found the best weight loss program ever!  

Ladies of Lyla, you need to start including this in your marketing materials!  "Come see me, but you better be prepared to lose more than your mind, be prepared to lose weight! "

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good marketing advice, I've found that as I get older I don't manage to deliver as great a load. My most efficient weight loss routine involves a daily morning deposit. Many have noted 'I'm full of it' 😞

Guest lydiahardwood

That's one way of including some HiiT to your routine to get your heart rate up and down... amongst other things 🍆💦👀

6 hours ago, lydiahardwood said:

That's one way of including some HiiT to your routine to get your heart rate up and down... amongst other things 🍆💦👀

You know Lydia, I've been looking for a workout partner 😉

Any advice for going in the other direction? I have put on some weight, but I feel thinner, as if I lost fat for muscle. Some more muscle is always welcome, but I need some fat... I feel and look too thin! 

On 9/27/2020 at 6:24 PM, OldandNerdy said:

Well my friends, I found a great weight loss program.  I booked some time with my favourite provider last week, and found out the next morning I lost almost 2 lbs!  My friends!  I have found the best weight loss program ever! 

I'd totally be in, if my wallet could handle it!

9 hours ago, Crake said:

Any advice for going in the other direction? I have put on some weight, but I feel thinner, as if I lost fat for muscle. Some more muscle is always welcome, but I need some fat... I feel and look too thin! 

If you want some of mine, you're always more than welcome...

• Haha 1

I good way to loose weight fairly quickly is try not to drink your calories.  For example if you drink soda just drink deit soda instead or not at all.

if you put sugar in your coffee try just drinking it black and dont drink juice instead eat the actual fruit instead.

I did this about 5 years ago and dropped nearly 20-25 lbs in a couple of months. Its hard but well worth it in the long run.

• Like 1

Intermittent fasting is a great way to jump start the metabolism, most people do the 18-6. You fast (except for water, tea, black coffee) for 18 hours and eat within a 6 hours window. Ive done similar, thought more like 16/8 and eat between 10-6

I found keto to be the best way to lose all the water weight, do that for about 2-3 weeks then find something that is suitable to maintain long term, cause keto long term really suck and not in the fun way