Ottawa airport area worth it?

Airport is OK, but I would think for your 1st visit, downtown might be better.  If you have 2,3 4 hours between dates, you can walk the downtown area for shopping. Nothing to see/do around the airport. If you're here for only 2-3 days, then airport might be OK. Either way, if your posting is very good, you'll be OK. 

• Thanks 1

Airport area offers easier parking (free) for guests and more anonymity.  Parking downtown can sometimes be a hassle during the day and rush hour..

• Like 2

Given the environment we are living in right now, I'm curious....is it ok for the general public to wander in and out of hotels at will.

6 hours ago, Philmore said:

Given the environment we are living in right now, I'm curious....is it ok for the general public to wander in and out of hotels at will.

I still travel for work. These comments are for Manitoba only. It depends on the hotel. Some require your keycard to access the building and others let you walk in. If you walk in knowing where you are going no one is going to know whether you are a guest or not. If you stand in the lobby looking around for the elevators it may draw someone's attention.

Appreciate the response Hondius but I am wondering if there are any covid protocols that hotels might be following. More specifically, only hotel guests allowed in.

7 hours ago, Philmore said:

,,,,,, More specifically, only hotel guests allowed in.

I doubt that as it would generate more close interaction between staff/guests/visitors to enforce. Many folks use their rooms to conduct business meetings. I may be visiting a hotel tonight so will report back.

11 hours ago, Philmore said:

Appreciate the response Hondius but I am wondering if there are any covid protocols that hotels might be following. More specifically, only hotel guests allowed in.

Again, it is hotel dependent. The one hotel I stay at in the north has a sign that says no local visitors and requires your key card to get into the building. The ones I've stayed at in Winnipeg have no such signs or requirements. Another thing to note is there are a lot of hotels that are flat out closed right now. The one we normally stay at in Winnipeg has closed for the pandemic.