Trump and First Lady test positive

Without saying if "good" or "bad", it raises a lot of questions.

From the start, Trump publicly downplayed and ignored safety protocols while mocking those who took this seriously. On top of that, he's been extremely secretive about his health making the announcement quite unusual.

As things are never what they are, it may take a few days before we know what the true situation is. 

If a true positive result, things could be far more serious than presented. On the other hand, wouldn't be too far fetched to imagine this as a political strategy to make Trump more relatable and sympathetic after his disastrous debate performance.

Whatever the reality is, won't take more than a few days to know. 

• Like 3

We all know that it's not that Trump has Covid, it's that he has the BEST Covid.  The most Covid of all covids.   It's spectacular really, just how infected he is with it.  Nobody could ever be as infected as he is.  In fact he is rebranding it as the Trump-19 Trumpdemic.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The White house officially announced Trump had "mild symptoms", meaning there much more to this.

Could be really sick or currently planning his exit to avoid a humiliating defeat in November. There been a few political analysts who predicted this possible scenario and this could be his best way out. True or not, we'll likely know in a few days.

• Like 3

He should try taking that drug that he claimed would cure it....cloriquinn something I think.  Or maybe even rinse his mouth with chlorox like he had also said once.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'd post something like what goes around comes around, or maybe he'll be "infected" with extreme prejudice, or...oh I better stop because Lyla Rules...

"If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all" LOL

I'll just stay in the lanes here...but I also post on Twitter, just saying LOL

RG 😄

• Like 2

In watching the various news reports from state side I heard a couple of references to the rapid tests as well as the 'shallow' nasal swabs and saliva tests identifying that they're not '100%' accurate i.e. can provide both false positives (rarer) and false negatives. These uncertainties are almost never communicated to the public - and, if they were, likely not understood.

While I can't stand Trump I have to admit he doesn't buy the farm: Pence could be just as bad, if not worse. I do hope that he has a tough battle with covid (if indeed he has it at all)) so the american public can observe something to balance all the lies and miss direction he spews.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, waterat said:

While I can't stand Trump I have to admit he doesn't buy the farm: Pence could be just as bad, if not worse. I do hope that he has a tough battle with covid (if indeed he has it at all)) so the american public can observe something to balance all the lies and miss direction he spews.

If Trump steps down because of COVID(or other BS excuse) Pence won't be in charge for long as few of Trump's base will vote if he's not there. Pence will only pick up the pieces of the post-Trump Republican party before his forced retirement from politics.

And if Trump is really negotiating his way out, you can be sure his legal team are working around the clock for plea deal to not be charged with tax-fraud, voter intimidation and other once out of office.

I have to admit to my skepticism of Trump's Covid-19 claims (as my grandfather often said: "I could be wrong, I was once")

I tend to listen to Glenn Kirschner's  posts under the theme 'Justice Matters' and I don't find him to be a 'conspiracy theorist' - his doubt of anything Trump says is well-founded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btsb3kfBExI

While American politics is less important (note: not unimportant!) than Canadian politics it is still very entertaining.

23 minutes ago, waterat said:

I have to admit to my skepticism of Trump's Covid-19 claims (as my grandfather often said: "I could be wrong, I was once")

The timing is just a bit too convenient. After two solid days of getting pounded from all sides(including Fox News) for fumbling the condemnation of white supremacists, he needed a big distraction. And this sounds too perfect to be real.

As for conspiracies, you can expect some from all sides for whatever will happen.