An Interview With... Waterat on Seeking Meaningful Connections

Guest lydiahardwood

Happy Sunday, everyone. It's time for our second Client interview with @waterat, this time talking about building meaningful connections in the industry. Thank you for your time, Waterat, and I hope that you enjoy reading his thoughts. ❤️ 

Q: Hey Waterat! Thanks for agreeing to be our second Client to be interviewed. I love hearing your thoughts and opinions, so I really appreciate your time. So tell me, when did you start seeing Companions?

A: Thanks for this opportunity, Lydia. I first started visiting Companions in early 2011 just after I first joined lyla (it was cerb back then). The information, tips and advice available here, along with many reputable ladies made this 'nervous newbie' feel relaxed and comfortable enough to take, what I thought then, was a big step. For perspective, I didn't have a cell phone back then so my visits were arranged through cerb pm's and pay phones!

Q: Can you tell me your motive behind seeing Companions? Has it always been the same or has it evolved over time?

A: Initially it was about sex and intimacy but it quickly evolved to include a healthy appreciation for companionship, laughter and learning. The intimacy is still welcome and enjoyed but it isn't 'necessary' nor as important as the other benefits to seeing companions. I have to admit visiting a Companion is the most enjoyable way to manage horniness, lol, for everyone involved!

Q: I see first hand on Lyla that building meaningful connections between Clients and Providers is absolutely possible. Can you tell me about the connections you have built in this community?

A: I live in Ottawa and the community here has multiple SWr positive organisations and activists. They provide a client like me the opportunity to show support and respect and strong connections have built up from that. My interactions here on Lyla have also resulted in connection and what I consider to be friendship. I did a stop over to visit a lady I met and conversed with on here at her in-call just east of Toronto (4 h drive) and the next summer, when she was returning from an east coast tour/holiday, she detoured through Ottawa simply to visit me. Perhaps neither would be a big deal for some but the motivations underlying the visits speak to connection built through this community. And there are other examples!

Q: Have you ever met a Provider and instantly had a connection or is it something that tends to build over time?

A: I always do my best to be polite, clear, respectful and supportive when I meet a provider, that is always reciprocated and it creates the basis for an initial connection which can be build upon. Both parties have to be prepared to put effort into creating connection and it's important to remember that 'respect' involves both a lady's time and finances - I don't mean to make it sound strictly transactional but that's how we met so it should be foundational.

Q: I think there is a misconception that Clients get into this because they’re sleazy or misogynistic. What would you say to someone who believes that?

A: Well, no doubt, some are. That's why Providers have to deal with (ignore! 🙂 ) three word texts from people like that who haven't really read their ad, let alone their website. I would remind Companions, as well as members of the general public (like the Joy Smiths and Peter MacKays of the world), that there are many good, respectful clients out there. The art and science of being a SWer is to identify and attract them. Lyla provides a forum to help with that and many Providers could benefit from it. It's up to us Clients to earn their trust.

Sleaziness is hard to fix but with recognition and education misogyny has a chance of being addressed and reduced. 

Q: You’re a total gentleman and I love you for it! To Clients who aren’t so gentlemanly… Can you give them some tips/advice?

A: It's really pretty simple: Be a Gentleman, kind, accepting, respectful and understanding. We're all people here and not behaving in that manner will never make yours nor the Provider's visit a better experience. A positive approach is almost guaranteed to make the visit better. And yes gents, you'll make mistakes, just own them, learn and move on.

Q: What is the most important quality to you in a Companion?

A: I hope to visit Companions who are able to be relaxed, have a sense of humour, share a smile and engage in thoughtful conversation. Anything beyond that is just a bonus. I thoroughly enjoy all the bonuses.

Q: Have you ever fallen for a Provider?

A: Only every time I visit one! Okay, not really. I'm in my early 60's so I've built up a certain immunity to 'falling' for someone. I have to admit to infatuation, just the same. While I tend to visit Companions of 'a certain age' some are the age of my own children.... while I made a claim of immunity above, I ain't no Donald Trump!

Q: Do you think it can be difficult to keep emotions out of this “hobby”? Do you think it matters if feelings do get involved?

A: I don't even attempt to keep emotions out - I'm an emotional person. I haven't had those emotions damage any of my interactions with Companions (at least, not that I know of!).

With emotions and feelings it is always important to have clear, open communication and not create a problem that doesn't exist for someone else.

Communication involves a transmitter and a receiver and it is also credited with being the 'source of and solution to all  the world's problems'.

To quote one of my favourite mathematicians: "Love is like a pineapple, sweet and undefinable".

Q: Thanks so much for your insight, Waterat. Is there anything else you would like to add?

A: Let's all work to strengthen and build this board. More Providers advertising will bring more Clients visiting. More Clients visiting will generate more Provider's ads. Chicken or egg anyone?

Discussions help with this.

giphy.gif

Thanks Waterat for also agreeing to be interviewed.   These interviews I must agree show that we all  aren't the stereotypical men that society think of in this lifestyle but instead we're looking for companionship.

Good interview Waterat, and Lydia 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for presenting this interview Lydia and thank you Waterat for your insightful and on point reply’s. I agree with you and hope everyone reads this. Be respectful and see how much better the sessions can be for the client and service provider. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Great Interview @waterat Really great read. 

I know I am glad that we met on here!!!! You truly are a good client and guys should follow your advice. 

• Thanks 1

Wow! What a great interview! Thank you both for this! Hopefully clients will take the advice contained within, and put it to practice and develop those types of connections that would be meaningful and beneficial! I certainly will! 

• Thanks 1

On 10/11/2020 at 6:22 AM, lydiahardwood said:

: I don't even attempt to keep emotions out - I'm an emotional person. I haven't had those emotions damage any of my interactions with Companions (at least, not that I know of!).

I can't love this enough 🖤🖤🖤

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very good interview.  I too am over 60. I agree with the emotions and feelings. I have very strong feelings  towards my regular companion. It has nothing to do with romantic love. But I feel we have a great connection  that makes each visit so pleasant.! I think we are very comfortable with each other. Intimate moments are  also more enjoyable.  So feelings, emotions I do not run from them but use them to make things better

• Like 1