Tipping question

So, I had a massage a while back, the massage was okay, the happy ending was very good (standard but done very well). She did not talk about extra, just did it.  It was a 30 min massage so I tipped $40.  If it is an hour I usually tip $60. Would you guys say that is standard?  I don’t want to undertip but I also don’t want to throw money away.  

I guess I should have said donation for the extra.  This is for MPs, not SPs. A MP is not expected to do more then a massage so if they offer more it is another service that they should be compensated for.  A SP is expected to do what they do, so anything else would be purely a tip. 

25 minutes ago, Ruralboy said:

I guess I should have said donation for the extra.  This is for MPs, not SPs. A MP is not expected to do more then a massage so if they offer more it is another service that they should be compensated for.  A SP is expected to do what they do, so anything else would be purely a tip. 

If you intend to see her again and unsure of her normal service or extra, you should maybe discuss it privately with her. 

I thought since I was asking about a general question and not providing anybody’s information it would be okay. Sorry if I’m wrong. 

34 minutes ago, Ruralboy said:

I thought since I was asking about a general question and not providing anybody’s information it would be okay. Sorry if I’m wrong. 

I don't think there was anything wrong with your post. You were talking about tipping, not the actual rate.

And as previously mentioned, if unsure what's included, complementary or extra, you can simply ask her.

A happy ending is the same, whether it’s after a 30 minute or 60 minute massage. There’s no reason to pay more after a 60 minute massage.

11 hours ago, Ruralboy said:

So, I had a massage a while back, the massage was okay, the happy ending was very good (standard but done very well). She did not talk about extra, just did it.  It was a 30 min massage so I tipped $40.  If it is an hour I usually tip $60. Would you guys say that is standard?  I don’t want to undertip but I also don’t want to throw money away.  

Generally in that ballpark yes. I have never actually done 30 min, for 60 min I may have donated 40 years back, maybe 50, now would do 60 but would do 40 if I wasn't too happy with the effort. At a place like EX/TO I would do 60 or 80.