I have an idea: an Agency in which no one works for anyone we all work for ourselves and pay rent and help each other (if we choose to) with splitting accommodations, duo partners, etc. No ones in charge. We all work together.

It could be something done all throughout the country. Like there could be one in almost every province (depending on supply and demand) And it could be started by at least 2 companions at a time coming together and getting a business license, a building to rent to work out of, ya know, doing things legit, and advertising (Possibly on here and Leolist?) for other possible interested companions, everyone splitting rental fees/Licensing fees/etc. Of course, we would likely need security to be hired but they could be someone we could all interview either separately or together so we all agree on who keeps us safe. I’m just using my phone right now to type this and I hate touch screens so I’ll try and edit this with my laptop right away to continue on with ideas and reasons for why I thought of this, or I’ll just comment on it. But I thought this as a general idea could be a good one! Of course, ideas and comments are more than welcome on the topic. Just please don’t shut down my idea all together. Maybe there’s a way we could all make it work? It doesn’t have to be the way I just suggested. We could incorporate all sorts of things. Camming, for one. (For those who are interested, there could be a separate area to respect anonymity.) I have so many other ideas and reasons as to why I’m writing this so please just bare with me while I grab my lap top and look for the remainder of my thoughts in either the comments section or right after this paragraph (not completely sure how this site works yet)

Don't want to burst your bubble, but many MA's already use similar business arrangements. As for SP's doing the same, this is where it can get tricky. "Doing things legit", doesn't change the fact it's currently illegal to purchase and live on the material benefits from sex work. Meaning who ever has her name on the business license and lease will be considered in charge and risk prosecution for any illegal activities. And obviously, the same goes for visiting clients.

If you're looking for someone to share a location and some expenses, you'll likely find. But to protect yourself, you business partner and clients, better be careful on how and what you'll advertise.

Edited by Guest

In some places this is already happening. OIC in Ottawa sounds similar to what you describe, if not entirely the same. I think there's a Montreal collective as well, but I don't know much about that.