Should we be doing this?

Story time.

Three times over a period of about two weeks, I've been talking to or working with a different co-worker, then the very next day they were off to get tested for covid due to someone in their family being exposed.  Three times they came back negative.

This week I'm off work.  Someone I didn't know about went for a test last week and got the results monday.  Positive.  Different departments, but we all use the same bathroom, etc..  So now I need to get tested.  Problem is, if I was positive and asymptomatic, who else outside work would have been exposed?  In my case, nobody, because I haven't done shit for the last week or so.  But if I was more sociable...?  That's how easy this gets passed around.  By the time you find out, you could have infected many others.

Sure, some MP's are wearing masks.  Some have a bottle of hand sanitizer by the door.  But it's still close, intimate contact for an extended time.  They washed their hands. What about their elbows or other appendages they might use?  Are you 100% sure you don't have it? Really? I know I can't be sure anymore.  Are you 100% sure the mp doesn't have it?  Are you 100% sure the last guy didn't?  Nobody sneezed on the hoop, coat rack, or into their elbow and their shirt was rubbing on the wall where yours is now?  You might find out in a week, as long as you aren't an asymptomatic carrier.  I might be going out on a limb here, but I'd say a R&T is a little more dangerous than a trip to the store for groceries, which we're supposed to be limiting.

Just some things to think about while you're guy #6 for the day with your face in the hoop.  Y'know, instead of reminiscing about which place was criticized for not washing the towels a while back.

• Thanks 2

Its a shame we all can't take a break. But its an addiction. Pure and simple. Cigarettes cause Cancer. Doesn't keep millions from smoking a pack a day. Its a risk we're all aware of and struggle to control these urges. Some of us are better than others. 

• Like 4

But are we all forgetting the most important part of this topic...CONTACT...unless your putting your fingers in your mouth up your nose or rubbing your eyes with any of them according to our so called medical professional you will not contact it...unless we are all being lied to, too prevent a panic and it can be transmitted by touch then you should be fine..

I am in the school division with a handful of positive individuals and cohorts being isolated and I have been tested twice now still negative...I know I have been shoulder to shoulder with a few of these individuals who are positive and still I'm negative so I trust as long as your not making our with these MPs or getting spit in the face you should be fine...but...I do agree still follow directions and be extra safe...

Cheers 

I think we all should be taking a break from this.  I know ladies have bills to pay but so do so many other who have been forced to close.

While I have heard a few people on different forums talk about personal choice for me it is is also about the risk to and drain on our heealth care systema and the health care workers.  If you get Covid it's not just about your personal health.  It's about our overwhelmed hospitals and overworked/exhausted health care workers as well.

We all have a civic responsibility to do everything we can to flatten the curve.  And if that includes stopping this activity for a while so be it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Guest Charles123

We leaving in a society where some people think about me not about we,

when any addictions harm full to others than need to evaluate our action

if you must see sp than get tested and see your sp is tested too just like STD.

Well said. We worried about it six months ago. Now it's 10x more risky and the death count keeps rising. Christmas is done, there's no saving it in only five weeks. I feel for the ladies, but 80% of workers in my industry are laid off with the projections being 5 years until it possibly returns to normal. We all have to do our part.  But as Blue says, it's an addiction.  Maybe if we weren't enabling each other with "hey! you've got to see the new honkers on xxxxxxx!" kind of posts, it could help? Just a thought.

Edited by foofer

I 100% feel you guys on this. A few months or even weeks ago I may have been able to justify this but not now. However, remember that most of these ladies don’t all have the luxury of applying for cerb or other benefits, for understandable reasons. Maybe consider supporting the SPs offering online or cam services? It’s not the same but if you want this industry to survive it is what may be needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am sitting at home like a good boy but I can tell ya, when this is over I will be like a bull being released from the barn in the spring after being locked up all winter.  Explaining  it will not do it any justice, you really need to see it. Tension massage... oh there will be tension.  I’ll feel bad for her having to do that wipe down after. 

• Haha 3

Guest Charles123

I think it better for us to control ourselves.

too many casual people I heard on other board 2-4 sp need quarantine and so dose  people who visited and wife children contact. Is this worth it?

I'm trying my best not too, but some days I can't control it.

Pre-covid If I couldn't see my regulars, I'd take a second rate massage somewhere else. Now with it being bad, I only go for my most trusted cleanly regulars (which have been nill the last 2 weeks). I still manage to talk myself out of it 75% of the time.

• Like 2

It's like quitting smoking. "just one puff and I'll be good..." lol.

A co-worker's mother is in the ICU. Doesn't look like she's coming out. I think I can do without for another month.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Guest Charles123

I hear government going to check on XP’s I do not now how but better avoid

Taking a break can make it better when you can go back.  Why not enjoy not going out so much.  Time to ask why we feel need to go out so much