What did you learn in 2020?

Guest lydiahardwood

Hey guys,

Sorry I've been a bit AWOL for the past few days. Turns out 2020 had even more plans to kick my ass so I've had a few days off to take a pause. But I'm back and thought this would be a good opportunity to share any life lessons that this difficult year has taught us. I'll start with a few of my learnings...

🍃 The grass isn't greener on the other side - it's green where you water it

Emotions are just energy wanting to be released. Allow yourself to feel so you can heal

👊 Discomfort is an essential part of growth. Don't run away from it, you can't skip the process

🗑️ If you keep looking in the bin, don't be surprised if you find trash

🌹 Life really is fragile. Show people what you mean to them before it's too late

Please add yours so we can uplift each other and show people that they don't have to face things alone. ❤️ 

giphy.gif

Welcome back! ❤️ Love the reflection quotes! 2020 has been an unpredictable year for all but without gloating, has been the best for me. I've kept my focus away from all the negativity going around and just continued to do what makes me happy and what I am good at! I've never felt better! Growing up, I have never been one to obey or follow the rules, unfortunately; so when someone or a government tells you not to do something, my approach has always been to do the opposite but with style and elegance. It's the only way to secure your happiness in my view! I have been fortunate to have travelled to numerous parts of the world over time and more so recently. I think this is the best form of self-learning and has shown me that what I think I'm going through is nothing compared to what others face in the world and that our unhappiness is sometimes caused by our desire and greed of always wanting more and not being content with what we have. Those that I have met that have less tend to always show the purest form of happiness that I have ever seen.

I know you personally and think you are a fantastic person that never fails to bring a smile to someone's face! Chin up and embrace yourself for a fantastic 2021 x

• Like 2

Glad to see you’re back Lydia! 💕

I think a sense of humour is the most important (and sexiest) thing to have!  Can only laugh at the absurdity of what’s going on around us. 

That and to try and see the positive.  It’s so easy to be high jacked by negative thoughts and emotions. 

• Like 2

Guest lydiahardwood
14 minutes ago, Sharpe said:

Glad to see you’re back Lydia! 💕

I think a sense of humour is the most important (and sexiest) thing to have!  Can only laugh at the absurdity of what’s going on around us. 

That and to try and see the positive.  It’s so easy to be high jacked by negative thoughts and emotions. 

I've always found casual nihilism to work wonders! image.png.0d06f18efa67f512ad9b39eddbf5a8a3.png

I have become a chef and a mom of so many newly hatched chicken. I have still 50 more eggs in incubator.  I love surrounded by animals and people I love 🥰.  Covid is actually giving the opportunity to be a better, more domestic me! Without Covid, I would have packed my bags and travelled all over Canada touring and then hopping on the plane overseas for vacation till April or May. Seriously 😎

Edited by Allie Zeon
  • Like 2

I've learned that Covid is affecting peoples heads.  I have coworkers that are going crazy and doing dumb things, not sure if it's an act or real.  Also it's looking like I'll spend a beautiful Christmas meal with my wife only. no inlaws coming over at my place this year and that is a huge positive for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have learned through this crazy year that I have become far more relaxed and able to let trivial things go better. I'm starting to see the big picture in all of this and can now truly say that I no longer worry or stress myself over that which I have no control over.  Only some of that has to do with "the vid" as Kevin Hart called it. Probably just as much has to do with my 2018- early 2019 being awful and sending me into a downward spiral. But the second half of 19, I was able to pull myself up with some help from friends and now have found some wisdom and inner strength. This crisis we are in has only strengthened me more and I have become a voice of reason and a mentor to many of those around me. Now I am looking forward to 2021 more than any new year in recent memory. I hope we can all turn a corner and get this craziness over with. I really hope humanity, in general has learned something but my only concern is that we, as a species, will simply revert back to what we always have been. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've learned that life is short, and sometimes you find out its even shorter than you once thought, so regardless of what's happening in your life, in the lives of those around you and in the world in general that you need to stop procrastinating, stop saying "one day I'll... " , and get out there and live, do that thing you wanted to do forever, go to that place you've always dreamed of, and learn that thing you've always wanted to learn.

You may think you have all the time in the world, but the world may have other ideas. 

Edited by OldandNerdy
  • Like 5

On 12/18/2020 at 5:47 PM, Greenteal said:

It's possible to live on frozen lasagna and coffee.

That lasagna is much better if you put it in the microwave first LOL 😆  

A Tongue In Cheek Rambling 😆 

RG

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, roamingguy said:

That lasagna is much better if you put it in the microwave first LOL 😆  

A Tongue In Cheek Rambling 😆 

RG

Like with most frozen meals, it taste much better if cooked in a conventional oven and leftovers reheated in the microwave. And even if it says microwaveable, never cook or reheat chicken or fish in one, it taste like crap.

Other thing I learned.

39 minutes ago, Greenteal said:

Like with most frozen meals, it taste much better if cooked in a conventional oven and leftovers reheated in the microwave. And even if it says microwaveable, never cook or reheat chicken or fish in one, it taste like crap.

Other thing I learned.

Except microwave popcorn...that should be cooked in the microwave 😆 

A hungry rambling lol

RG

3 minutes ago, roamingguy said:

Except microwave popcorn...that should be cooked in the microwave 😆 

A hungry rambling lol

RG

Microwave cooking works well for a lot of things when instructions are well followed. But for other applications, not so great. An example is reheating McDonald's meals. When they started making deliveries, people immediately complained how those were cold on arrival. Making me wonder if they ever ate there before as everything turns cold and soggy in the first 10 min.

Reheating is possible, but NEVER use the microwave. Normally between 5 and 10 min at 375 in a conventional oven gives far better results. For those with only a microwave, better stick with reheating pizza with it.

What did I learn?...

1. Appreciate your situation now, it possibly could be worse. Example there is an outbreak of coronavirus in 3 federal prisons...80 inmates at Joyceville, 5 at Collins Bay and 3 at Warkworth. I retired from corrections (one of those prisons) but if still working I could be working in the middle of this outbreak

2. Appreciate time with family/friends. Most of it is phone calls or texts at least with me but a couple irl visits at the car pool each of us staying in our vehicles.

3. Further to appreciate time with friends, lost three this year 😢 Not from coronavirus but didn't get to see them or even go to their funeral(s)

4 Remember the ladies you see...dates I've booked I already paid the ladies for, its time in the future to look forward to and in the meantime I booked (so to speak) some virtual companionship. It also may help some companions out now in these tough times.

5 And we are all...everyone affected by coronavirus...we're in the same boat

A Rambling

RG 

• Thanks 1

While I did not learn this in 2020 it certainly was confirmed for me... "Live life to the fullest every day as there is no way to know what might not be possible tomorrow"  lol the companionship of a beautiful woman us not something to take for granted....its been a long long long year lol.

• Like 1