Sign in to follow this  

Second wave blues

Guest JamesB700

I know some areas have been dealing with the second wave of covid for much longer than here in NB.  It really sucks dirty unwashed ass.  I sympathize with everyone who has already been dealing with it.

I am feeling very very disappointed and depressed about it all.  What have you found helped you the most to fend off the covid blues?

Guest JamesB700

Btw, while Costco sized candy and chips washed down with gallons and gallons of beer help short term, my clothes tell me they are not a viable long term solution.  😬

For me... getting your social life sorted out.

Figure out who you're going to trust and be in a bubble with, if anyone. For everyone else in your life, figure out how to hang out safely. Realistically that means small groups and outside, which has been OK over the summer... so now I'm trying to work out how to keep seeing people outdoors over the winter. Because if I have to stay indoors until the end of March, I'll go nuts.

Covid has certainly affected everyone's life and I would expect that the impacts on people working in this industry was worse then many.  The risk of covid must have driven many clients and providers out of business. It appears to me that the government assistance was not geared to provide the support people needed thus making the lives of individuals working in the industry stressful and challenging.  When I consider these impacts then the minor impacts of covid in my life seem insignificant.  I am retired with a good pension and investments so financially there have been no real impacts.  I live in Newfoundland and frankly we have had very few cases ie a few hundred in total and I think 1 death.  The cases we have had have been linked to people traveling into the province and virtually zero community transmission. Yes we wear our masks and have had some lickdiwns and limits on numbers of people but no real stress about catching Covid.  The biggest impacts I have had is travel restrictions and restaurant reductions in service.  I consider myself extremely lucky and hope the new year gets covid behind us.

Just my Opinion