An Interview With... Mod Cat on being a Lyla Mod

Thanks Cat for sharing this information about yourself.  I had wondered who @ModCat was, having seen the occasional comment and like here and there..  The COVID must be driving you particularly crazy not being able to enjoy travel adventures like that.  Did you work for Lonely Planet as well??

Thanks as always @lydiahardwood 😘

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It's so nice to get to know @ModCat better, I often notice the "like" on some post so we all know that she is there and appreciates our posts.  Also thank you to @lydiahardwood for inviting her to the interview, I would have sworn that you 2 have known each other for a lifetime. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thank You Cat for giving such a positive and informative interview.  It is nice knowing Lyla has moderators that seem to care about this site and its members.  It is very much appreciated

And Thank You Lydia for not just continuing with the interviews but also interviewing Mods too. Who would have imagined a few years back reading/conducting interviews of any sort from Mod?  And could we see any of the other boards (eg _erb comes to mind) doing these type of interviews

A Long Winded Rambling And Thank You

RG

• Like 6

On 12/6/2020 at 2:49 PM, Sharpe said:

Thanks Cat for sharing this information about yourself.  I had wondered who @ModCat was, having seen the occasional comment and like here and there..  The COVID must be driving you particularly crazy not being able to enjoy travel adventures like that.  Did you work for Lonely Planet as well??

Thanks as always @lydiahardwood 😘

It has been really annoying but I have just thought how grateful I am that I have seen some wonderful places in the world and I have never put that off, who knows when we can travel properly again?

I have this summer though, being a traveller at heart, tried to see new cities where I live, new villages, even just walking new streets I have never been down before, still feels like I am getting lost somewhere new.

I do not work for Lonely Planet unfortunately but I can live in hope!

• Like 5

15 hours ago, roamingguy said:

Thank You Cat for giving such a positive and informative interview.  It is nice knowing Lyla has moderators that seem to care about this site and its members.  It is very much appreciated

And Thank You Lydia for not just continuing with the interviews but also interviewing Mods too. Who would have imagined a few years back reading/conducting interviews of any sort from Mod?  And could we see any of the other boards (eg _erb comes to mind) doing these type of interviews

A Long Winded Rambling And Thank You

RG

Thank you for your kind words, we really do care!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ModCat said:

It has been really annoying but I have just thought how grateful I am that I have seen some wonderful places in the world and I have never put that off, who knows when we can travel properly again?

I have this summer though, being a traveller at heart, tried to see new cities where I live, new villages, even just walking new streets I have never been down before, still feels like I am getting lost somewhere new.

I’m glad you’re keeping your spirits up.  That’s certainly a challenge these days.  If I read one more GD news article about how everything is getting worse....

You are right in saying there’s lots of hidden treasures to see locally.  Easy to overlook that normally.

And it gives you time to plan future trips in detail

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, clearbluesky15 said:

Great interview @ModCat. It was great to get to know the person behind the role. @lydiahardwood., thanks as always for a great series. Maybe a meet the owner(s) panel for a future one?

-cbs

Great Idea clearbluesky Its nice "meeting" the people behind this site.. a board which (and I stand to be corrected) stands alone in these boards in being a positive site, not a negative review board

RG

• Like 4

6 hours ago, ModCat said:

Aww. I love traveling too Cat! Omg.. I can talk for days about traveling . Vaccine will come soon. I have invested my money in one particular company that produces the vaccine and it keeps me updated with great news. Within months from now for ALL OF US FOR SURE. Trudeau says it will start to become available hopefully before Christmas 🙂

Edited by Allie Zeon
updated info for Covid Vaccine:)
  • Like 4

On 12/6/2020 at 7:27 AM, lydiahardwood said:

things. I was homeless and living in a hostel for homeless youths. I had befriended some of the dancers there and they had taken me under their wing. I would just sit and have a drink or they would take me to the back room and do my hair and make up before I went off to another bar to meet friends.
A lot of people especially from school found it weird, there were rumours flying around about me, as you can imagine, 'I was on drugs, I was this, I was that’ but really it was just pure friendship I had with some of the women there. I was envious really of them at the time, the confidence they had, which I didn't have at that age and in honesty never really found it within myself until I was about 27. Plus they understood the struggles I was going through and would always be there for me when I needed a chat. They were a family to me.

I cant relate any harder with this 💋 

Only, for me the rumours were true. I didn't care to have to explain myself to those who wanted to judge me for it, speaking them. Still don't!

That life experience did provide me with a good opportunity to learn how to manage my emotions, my mind, and myself much more effectively. 

Something to this day has served me incredibly well.

I appreciate your time modcat and you sharing this with us all!

• Like 3