Books to read in 2021

Guest lydiahardwood

Any avid readers here? What books are you looking forward to reading next year?

Over Christmas I finished Florence Given's Women Don't Owe You Pretty which I ADORED. It's the type of book you can open on any page and instantly feel empowered.

A friend of mine just dropped this to me too haha, I think she knows me well... 😉

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-29 at 15.31.49.jpeg

Well I read a fair amount, but usually it's to distract my mind when I'm trying to fall asleep, so I'm usually reading sci-fi or adventure style novels.

I recently read "To Sleep in a Sea of Stars" by Christopher Paolini.  It's pretty hard sci-fi, but it really stuck with me, so if you're into that sort of thing, and dont mind a loooong read (1600 pages for the ebook version).

I'm looking forward to reading the new Michael J Fox autobiography type book.  I think it deals with getting older and dealing with the things that he is.

I'm also looking forward to "Peace by Chocolate" by Jon Tattrie.  It's the story of a Syrian refugee who eventually moved to Canada and made it his new home.  He's somewhat of a local hero around their parts.

"Becoming" by Michelle Obama

I listened to it on Audible so got to here the story in Michelle Obama's own voice.  I was struck by the fact that the Obama's rose from a very modest upbringing into the height of power. It's an excellent book.

81h2gWPTYJL.jpg

I bought myself two books for christmas that I just got yesterday, 

the latest book of Amelie Nothomb (she is my favourite author) Les aerostats and one from Paulo Coelho, Adultery 

Guest lydiahardwood

I have a few on the go at the moment. Has anyone read Revolting Prostitutes by Juno Mac and Molly Smith? It's so good!

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-26 at 11.15.49.jpeg