Gift card scam

This scam currently being run in Belleville!! Say no cash because of past bad experiences only gift card or Pay Pal.  Stay away from anyone not accepting cash. Or be very sure of the SP 🙏

Ya I know. I have messaged a few providers and got attempted for the gift card scam and most are pretty obvious that there running a scam as you keep getting the copy and pasted messages over and over. Was bored one night and just sat on my couch messing with a scammer on a burner number about the gift cards pretending to be at the store trying to buy them and not able to figure it out lol. Person actually started trying to help and walked me through step by step how to buy the cards and even how to scratch them with a penny to reveal the code and got mad when I pretended to be scratching the wrong side then told them I didn’t have a penny and got flustered trying to walk me through finding something else to scratch it with. Long story short they were furious when I let them in I was waiting their time but the time they were talking to me might have prevented someone else from being scammed lol. Let’s hear your stories about your scams or funny stories or post if you have any good Belleville recommendations. 

No matter the payment method, the first step should be to establish the legitimacy of a provider.

As for trolling scammers, I would never recommend. Even on burner phones, it only takes one slip up to get a knock at the door. Better ignore and avoid possible escalation.