Sign in to follow this  

I’m pissed..... a middle-aged couple stole my phone....

So here is the story,

I was out shopping at SuperStore. I was at the cashier and using my phone to do price matching. I must have put the phone down on the conveyer belt when I went to bag and pay for my food. I left completely not even thinking about my phone. I get home and realize it is gone. I use the Find my Phone app and it is in Brooklyn. So I know it is stolen.

I go to the location, knock on the door. A woman opens the door slightly, I think there was one of those locks on the door that let you open it only a little. Anyway, she kept saying her husband wasn’t home and I had such a hard time trying to communicate with her. She acted like she didn’t understand me at all, saying she didn’t understand English. She was East Indian and I couldn’t understand what she is saying. But according to another thread, I can’t ask her to repeat herself or talk slowly because then I am a racist. 

I’m clearly not getting anywhere. I used the App to disconnect the iPhone so it can’t be used. I leave because I was getting no where. I called the non emergency police number who are really no help at all.

I go home and I am pissed. I wake up the next morning and head there at like 8am. This time the husband does open the door. And I say straight out, “give me back my fucking phone now!” 

Of course he goes on about not having it, get off his property, etc. I use my watch to ping my phone and doesn’t work. So now I am thinking maybe it is not there. But then I use my iPad with the app to ping the phone and sure enough, you hear it going off and it doesn’t stop until you stop it either in the app or on the phone. I guess the watch didn’t work because the phone was locked. I say give me the iPhone or I am calling the police. My daughter comes up to the house and shows them she has dialled 91 and hands me the phone, I say I am pressing the other 1. The wife comes with the phone 

Then it is all sorry, we though it was our phone, {i think that it what he said, again, I can’t understand half of the words they are using, but suddenly the wife understands me now even though the day before she pretended she didn’t understand English}, the phone is still binging, it is all loud and emotions are high. My daughter is walking away calling them every name in the book. 

I tell them they are fucking assholes for stealing the phone. I looked right at her, call her a “C” word for lying about not understanding English. Call them other names as I am walking away. They close the door and we go home with my phone. 

I swear, thinking back, they must have grabbed it right off the belt. Which I get it my fault for putting it down, but if they didn’t grab it, the cashier and I would have found it, when she moved the conveyer to her with the rest of the groceries. This couple was easily 40-50s years old. WTF are they going to do with a phone that needs facial recognition and locked. Someone said they can still sell it. It is a Xs so it is not that old and still has value apparently. From what others have told me. 

But WTF is wrong with people. I would never think of stealing like that. I don’t think about stealing at all but that is brave. Right in front of me basically. I would never have thought an older couple like that would scoop a phone like that. 

I am still mad and feel I shouldn’t have walked away but I should have still called the police. I did call the non emergency number again, and they said that I can still file a report but most likely, they won’t be charge because other then my word, there is no proof. And I keep location services off, so I can’t show where it was. Even though that would not make much of a difference because it doesn’t prove it was in the house. Even doing that only gets them possibly a procession charge, not actually stealing the phone. So this couple will get away with it and probably steal from someone else now. 

This is one of those things that will I will remember randomly in 5 years and it will still piss me off. 

[/rant]

• Sad 2

Oh no, that’s no bueno. People need to be better and not take what they know is nots theirs. Oh the inhumanity 

• Like 1