Lips - the new social media platform that allows sex work promo

Guest lydiahardwood

I came across this today and decided to sign up. It's come at a good time as Twitter seems to be shutting a lot of us down 😩

So far it looks pretty cool, I wonder if it'll catch on? What do you guys think?

Lips, a new social network geared towards free sexual expression, aims to provide that space. Founder Annie Brown and her team want users — sex workers, erotic artists, queer people, activists, and more — to post without fear of censorship or harassment.

https://sea.mashable.com/culture/14226/lips-is-a-new-social-network-where-sexual-expression-is-welcome

I may have to try this site. Last night I retweeted a tweet informing everyone about a sex offender in Edmonton. My Twitter account has now been suspended. I don't know  how to have my account unlocked. Maybe Lips is the way to go. I have to get ready to go to work so I will check this site out tomorrow. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

FWIW it's at https://lips.social/. I've just signed up (I'm Phaedrus there too). Although it appears that there's an approval process, so we'll see what happens with that...

According to their FAQ they do have an app but you have to go to their site to get it as they don't want to be at the mercy of Google/Apple, who may decide they don't like all the sex or something.

• Like 2

Guest lydiahardwood
14 hours ago, vegeta85 said:

Is there an app?

I don't think it's available on app store yet. Anything sex positive is notoriously difficult to get on there 😕 so to my knowledge it's only a web based app right now. Thanks for the follow @Phaedrus ❤️ 

21 hours ago, Deanna Delight said:

I may have to try this site. Last night I retweeted a tweet informing everyone about a sex offender in Edmonton. My Twitter account has now been suspended. I don't know  how to have my account unlocked. Maybe Lips is the way to go. I have to get ready to go to work so I will check this site out tomorrow. 

Thank you @lydiahardwood, @Allie Zeonand @waterat.It looks like Twitter is trying to block anyone that is trying to inform law abiding citazens about dangerous violent sexual predators in our communities. The Edmonton City Police have warned about this sexual predator in our community yesterday in a news release. Why is Twitter trying to protect these types of low lifes. I know we are supposed to be all positive with our comments here on Lyla but I feel the general public should be aware of these persons in our neighbourhoods. Below is the Edmonton Police Service warning of this person

EDMONTON -- The Edmonton Police Service is issuing a warning about a convicted sexual offender who has been released in the Edmonton area.

EPS says Russell Sikyea is not subject to any court orders or conditions. Police also believe he poses a significant risk of harm to the community, especially to vulnerable women.

Sikyea has a history of breaking into homes and sexually assaulting women. He also has a history of voyeurism and breaking into the homes of women, including minors, when they’re sleeping.

Police said his risk for violence, including sexual violence, increases with the consumption of drugs and alcohol.

Anyone who sees Sikyea in public should avoid him.

He is described as 5’6”, weighing 208 pounds. He has black hair, brown eyes, and the word “blessed” tattooed on his right cheek. 

Anyone with information about Sikyea can contact the Edmonton Police Service at 780-423-4567. 

Edited by Deanna Delight
Doubling of content
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Did you guys wait for a long time to get approved on Lipssocial? It has been a few days already and still nothing

You can follow us and we will follow back! Username Yourfrenchlady

Thanks xx

• Like 1

Guest lydiahardwood
On 1/29/2021 at 2:46 PM, StephanieMystique said:

Did you see where the servers for the platform are based? 

Nope, sorry 😕 will try to find out

now I have noticed that many girls earn money through various platforms where they can get naked and with the help of sexuality can earn money. I have seen on sale that they are designed for web chatting a special vibrator that can turn on or off depending on whether it pays off or not. Lovense seems to me that it is called and has the function of remote control of the vibrator. The 21st century is impressive again )

• Like 1

I'm fine with new advertising and discussions platform, but I wished the people behind those stopped spamming message boards like LYLA to promote their websites or apps.

I reported many of those in the last year and one just yesterday. If they want to advertise services and products they can register as a business, disclose their sponsored post/announcement or simply pay for a banner like other similar platforms.

Not being familiar with "Lips", I can't comment on it. But with the influx of similar platforms, caution is always advised.