Atlantic Travel

Has anyone found a concise resource to detail travel restrictions in Atlantic Canada? I find the official sites long winded, not tied to status colour, and filled with “if”s and vague exceptions. I’d like to visit Nova Scotia when NB turns ‘yellow’ next week, but not sure what isolation is required...

1 hour ago, clearbluesky15 said:

Has anyone found a concise resource to detail travel restrictions in Atlantic Canada? I find the official sites long winded, not tied to status colour, and filled with “if”s and vague exceptions. I’d like to visit Nova Scotia when NB turns ‘yellow’ next week, but not sure what isolation is required...

Hey you’ll need to quarantine for the two week period unfortunately:(

6 hours ago, Tattoodnnscrewd said:

Does anyone know if they are still screening at roadblocks at the borders within the Atlantic provinces? 

Given the NB COVID portal indicates 16 drivers were refused entry: https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/8eeb9a2052d641c996dba5de8f25a8aa

It looks like there is some checkpoint activity.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Daysha Love said:

I’m curious to know how the bus goes

Speculating here. If the bus line is still running (pry easier to call and ask on that point) I imagine it’s similar odds of getting pulled over and asked for your travel authorization as it would be in a car. As the refusal rate is only 0.6 percent, you have pretty good odds of making it through if you filed the request online. 

16 minutes ago, clearbluesky15 said:

Speculating here. If the bus line is still running (pry easier to call and ask on that point) I imagine it’s similar odds of getting pulled over and asked for your travel authorization as it would be in a car. As the refusal rate is only 0.6 percent, you have pretty good odds of making it through if you filed the request online. 

I’m considering coming and just doing the quarantine I just need a good enough reason to list for my reason to come