Photos Dont Match

If you visit a girl and the first thing you notice is that the pictures on her add are not a match with the girl at the door;  would you turn around and leave or would you go through with the visit anyway?

As for me I think i would stay and go through with it and just mark it up to being a bad experience.

• Confused 1

I've been to ladies where the pictures are wrong or older and never left. Turned out to be decent experiences when it has happened.

I only had one experience where the lady was swapped out last minute and didn't provide the same experience or look as friendly so I left. 

• Sad 1

You may be surprised to find that your experience turns out to be quite enjoyable as @xxdjbrown notes. Go with your gut feeling at the door and keep an open mind. Usually for me things work out OK but I don't tend to frequent leolist, always do the appropriate homework and usually only visit reputable providers here on lyla.

The issue of pics is always a tricky one: do they completely miss represent the person you're expecting to meet?; are stolen from another provider?; are they 'borrowed' from some instagram model yet give a good indication of whom you've met at the door?

Discretion and privacy are always important to both people involved in these exchanges so I always recognize this when visiting someone for the first time. By the end of any visit the actual pics are way down on the list of important factors below chemistry, an authentic personality, having fun and good converstion.

• Like 3

All depends on intent.  If for privacy purpose and the pics are representative enough, you can give her a chance. But when post "100% real pics" and not even close, this is where you should turn around.

You can always take a chance on the service. But at that point you lose the right to complain if also a deception.

I've only had that happen once a few years ago but I was there for a few minutes before I realized she might not have been using pics of herself. I was distracted by how incredibly good looking she was. She was petite, early 20's and light brown skinned. I still had a positive experience. After I left I looked at her ad again and was pretty certain the pics weren't her - similar,  but not her. She was only visiting, I watched for her to come back another time but never saw her ad again.

Edited by bromo822
Missed a couple words

It happened a few time to me when I first started this lifestyle.  I agree with what @waterat and @Greenteal, if the lady is attractive and seems to be one you would have fun with then stay otherwise leave.  One time I had booked with a lady that advertised and when I showed up she was completely the opposite of the pictures that I have seen, she claims that her and her roommate share the same phone for the same business.  I didn't buy that and I left.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I ran into this recently with a very highly rated SP here on Lyla.  Since no one else has mentioned this fact about her, I'm not going to either, but this lady was certainly NOT the gal in her photos.  I was initially disappointed, but had committed to the date and carried through.  Luckily, I was NOT disappointed, and it was a great experience.. I believe.. for both of us.  

I can imagine how some would be put off though... I've had bad experiences in other locations.

This has been discussed in another thread, but I can totally see where the advertisers want to both protect their privacy and attract the right dates.. maybe a little photoshop or a 'representative photo' isn't a bad thing.. but it's also not the best thing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I've turned around and walked away whenever this happened because my first thought is "what else is she hiding?" I've shown up to see a girl who's pics didn't match and then find out she looked nothing like any of the pics she advertised anyway. 

And my instincts have always been 100% spot on after that. I trust my gut feelings more than I trust a stranger who pulls a mini bait and switch which could lead to a bigger one hiding behind the door with a weapon ready to rob me. (which has also happened)

8 hours ago, LuvThemAll said:

If you visit a girl and the first thing you notice is that the pictures on her add are not a match with the girl at the door;  would you turn around and leave or would you go through with the visit anyway?

As for me I think i would stay and go through with it and just mark it up to being a bad experience.

Edited by misterdynomite30
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Happened to me 4 times, where she looked much different than her photos, only once did I turn around and leave right away, glad I did, she started harassing me through text, al angry. The other times she looked quote different, but still attractive and those times it was an OK experience.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, misterdynomite30 said:

I've turned around and walked away whenever this happened because my first thought is "what else is she hiding?" I've shown up to see a girl who's pics didn't match .... 

And my instincts have always been 100% spot on after that. I trust my gut feelings more than I trust a stranger who pulls a mini bait and switch which could lead to a bigger one hiding behind the door with a weapon ready to rob me. (which has also happened)

Okay, wow! So you've booked with a girl whose 'pics don't match' (whatever that means) and then see she doesn't look anything like them.... confusing - that's usually a reasonable indicator to turn and walk away....

And your '100% spot on instincts' have led you to dealing with some goon hiding behind the door with a weapon...... ????

Actually doing your homework and learning from it doesn't appear to be part of the approach shown there.

4 hours ago, RobertDion said:

Happened to me 4 times, ... only once did I turn around and leave right away, glad I did, she started harassing me through text,

I suppose three out of four visits when visiting ladies whose pics totally miss-represent them being OK is maybe acceptable odds. The good new is you didn't have the same experience as N Dynomite did! Don't bother reading angry texts - they're a result of all the time wasters and tire kickers the ladies have to deal with. Don't get me wrong, I  don't have any sympathy for the blatant 'fake pic posters' but we do have to avoid or put up with them. Even the ladies with a reputation to protect deal with umpteen tests a day that have already been answered in their ad or on their website. 

This is why I suggest reputable members here on lyla or ladies who post regularly on leolist, from the same location, and can provide reco's or text comments from satisfied customers. 

• Like 1

Its always risky business meeting an unknown SP. It has never happened to me as do screen the history and I typically lean towards a reputable SP for sake of my sanity.

Tough call, IF was in this situation my gut tells me I would leave BUT my heart would feel like its been manipulated and leave...brain might say try it out and my penis would manipulate my brain to stay. :classic_unsure:

• Like 3

Going back about 8 years now I had contacted a lady from another site and she admitted from the get go to me that the pictures posted were not from her but that she had the same body type and a pretty face to match.  I did proceed with the date and was not dissapointed by her looks and performance.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, waterat said:

Okay, wow! So you've booked with a girl whose 'pics don't match' (whatever that means) and then see she doesn't look anything like them.... confusing - that's usually a reasonable indicator to turn and walk away....

And your '100% spot on instincts' have led you to dealing with some goon hiding behind the door with a weapon...... ????

Actually doing your homework and learning from it doesn't appear to be part of the approach shown there.

Pics don't match = She sent 5 pics. All of them not being the same person.

It's easy to obscure when you don't have a face to compare. Just a body. 

I had slight suspicions but decided to give her benefit of the doubt.

Got set up and robbed.

Thinking it was just an isolated incident, I ignored the lesson and fell for a

similar scam with an entirely different girl months later... got robbed again.

Fool me twice, shame on me...

Note:

This was before I was a member of Cerb / Lyla or knowing what Tineye website was.

(Actually, there was no Tineye back then)

There was little to no ways of doing "homework" back then as there was no online

community for us to discuss these issues.. there was only "cross your fingers"

I do all my homework now as the proper tools are available and if pics don't match,

there's no deal.  (and no hard feelings either) If I show up to her door and she also 

doesn't look anything like her pic, then it's "Oops sorry wrong door".

Nothing wrong with protecting ourselves. it's never personal and there's no disrespect.

If potential danger is lurking and my gut tells me something is "off", it's time to go. 

Edited by misterdynomite30
  • Like 5

@misterdynomite30 I hear you brother!  I think I was lucky as I became aware of the lifestyle through cerb/lyla so had access to lots of resources and support when I first started. I've had a couple of disappointing visits by booking through leolist when my 'little head' took charge but haven't had the potentially dangerous ones you've experienced.

Good luck and stay safe1

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, misterdynomite30 said:

This was before I was a member of Cerb / Lyla or knowing what Tineye website was.

(Actually, there was no Tineye back then)

Would advise reading this:

How to: Verify pics, ads and identify potential fraud. - Lyla

Also, TineEye is not the most effective search tool. Works well enough on old pictures, but not when more recent. Google Images and Yandex Images are far better for those type of searches.

9 hours ago, Greenteal said:

Would advise reading this:

How to: Verify pics, ads and identify potential fraud. - Lyla

Also, TineEye is not the most effective search tool. Works well enough on old pictures, but not when more recent. Google Images and Yandex Images are far better for those type of searches.

Thanks for the tip. I've slowed down my search for "new girls" in the past few years and just keep a small list of 

regulars now but I do know that girls come and go out of this business pretty often and the list will shrink in time.

Good to know about these tools. Wish these were an options back in early 2000's.