Anyone Else Getting Mixed Messages???

Let's see...the Stay At Home order issued by the Ford government in place till   June 2

But the gradual reopening of Ontario starts (gasp) today...May 22

Is it just me or is the Ford government giving mixed signals to the people of Ontario?

Just A Quick Mixed Message Rambling 

RG

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, roamingguy said:

Let's see...the Stay At Home order issued by the Ford government in place till   June 2

But the gradual reopening of Ontario starts (gasp) today...May 22

Is it just me or is the Ford government giving mixed signals to the people of Ontario?

Just A Quick Mixed Message Rambling 

RG

From what I understand, the May 22(today) date is only for outdoors activities(like golf courses). For non-essential indoor businesses,  reopening should be June 2nd.

7 hours ago, Greenteal said:

From what I understand, the May 22(today) date is only for outdoors activities(like golf courses). For non-essential indoor businesses,  reopening should be June 2nd.

That's my understanding too...but you hear coming out of one side of Ford's mouth stay at home order still in effect don't go out, next saying its OK to go outdoors small (5) group gatherings allowed etc etc.

Maybe just me, and a few others (in civilian life) I've talked with but it's just kind of sending mixed messages to the public isn't it?

At least IMHO

RG

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, roamingguy said:

That's my understanding too...but you hear coming out of one side of Ford's mouth stay at home order still in effect don't go out, next saying its OK to go outdoors small (5) group gatherings allowed etc etc.

Maybe just me, and a few others (in civilian life) I've talked with but it's just kind of sending mixed messages to the public isn't it?

At least IMHO

RG

Being a long weekend and a normally profitable time for outside businesses like golf courses, the Ford government was heavily pressured to relax outside gathering rules.

And with a large portion of the population already vaccinated(at least one dose), we're more than overdue to a semi return to normality. The Ontario government is trying to save face by slowly dropping restrictions, but most people are already numb to it and ready to move on.

Edited by Guest

I believe that today, May 22, is only appropriate for outdoor pursuits. (like golf courses). Reopening day for indoor non-essential companies is scheduled for June 2.

4 hours ago, Thomas Red said:

I believe that today, May 22, is only appropriate for outdoor pursuits. (like golf courses). Reopening day for indoor non-essential companies is scheduled for June 2.

Did you just wake up from a coma? 🙃