Have you been vaccinated?

Have you been vaccinated?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Have you been vaccinated?

• Yes
    • No but I will
    • No and I don't want to be

Guest lydiahardwood

Hey you guys. Thought it'd be interesting to see how many of us have been vaxxed. I know there's a lot of opinions about it so let's discuss (but keep it kind, please). 

I haven't been vaccinated yet but that's because I'm 27 and low priority. 

Just now, NotchJohnson said:

I got it done last week, it was painless with no side effect on me.

Same here. Just light headache and intermittent arm pain in the first 24 hours.

Got my first shot on May 4th

Second shot appointment Aug 24th

Only side effect felt kinda stiff and sore next day, but day after that felt great. Oh other side effect (I hope) coronavirus is afraid of me now 😆

All debate and discussion aside I have more faith in the safety of the vaccines than I do in the safety of coronavirus. 

A Rambling Over Cup Number One

RG

• Like 1

Shot thru the arm, covid's to blame
It gives love, a bad name

An open restaurant is what you sell
You promise me eat-in, then put me through take out
Chains of covid got a hold on me
When quarantine's a prison, you can't break free

Oh, with a needle gun
Oh, there's nowhere to run
No one can save you
The damage is done

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, roamingguy said:

Only side effect felt kinda stiff

Isn't that you every time you browse this forum?  😄

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, OldandNerdy said:

Isn't that you every time you browse this forum?  😄

Much stiffer this time though 😆

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Prufrock's Back said:

looking forward to my second jab in August, then I am going to be back in the game again after a year and a half absence! 

According to this news article and recent studies, one month after the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine, the effectiveness is already at 90% in preventing hospitalization. For the AstraZeneca it's similar with 88%.

Why your 1st COVID-19 shot is more protective than you might think | CBC News

Not saying you shouldn't wait for your second dose. But once lockdowns and restrictions are lifted, if you want to meet ladies, you should already be protected enough.

I had my first (phizer) vaccine in early May. I have since relocated but will get my second as soon as I am able. 

Having said that, I worked for over a year during this thing in close proximity to literally hundreds of people and never got covid. Not saying I'm immune or invincible. But I do have a very good immune system and practice eating habits and healthy living habits that bolster my immune system. I truly believe that this is as important as any other measures. I also follow safety protocols such as social distancing all the time, regardless of this pandemic. 

• Like 2

Shot 1 is done, shot 2 is booked. And like many people, I'm looking forward to being able to resume my life after a lengthy hiatus!

• Like 2

Good News (well for me)...My date for my second shot got bumped up. Originally my second appointment was booked for Aug 24th. Got it pushed up today to       July 5. In two weeks I'll have my final rabies...'er covid vaccine shot...except for any booster shots that the future might hold

So a road trip to Peterborough...and a day out in my future

A Rambling About Nothing At All Really

RG

• Like 2

2nd shot bumped to June 28 instead of Aug 17... good thing cause i was away on Aug 17..? I accepted the risk (not managed), cause there was a good probability that i could bump up, which i did.

• Like 3

A lot of folks seem to be doing this. The guidelines went from a 12 week interval to 8 between shots, so there seem to be a lot of folks who are rebooking. I have to say, I'm enjoying the steady drip of posts in various bits of social media of people happily announcing that they're now fully vaccinated.

And it looks like the quarantine requirements for fully vaccinated people are being relaxed too, which is a promising sign of getting back to normal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Being fully vaccinated is not quite the end as there still talk about a third booster shot for the Pfizer vaccine. For for those who received the AstraZeneca, some are concerned about travel restrictions as the vaccine is not yet accepted in the U.S.

Those details will get sorted with time, but there still some work to be done.

1 hour ago, Greenteal said:

Being fully vaccinated is not quite the end as there still talk about a third booster shot for the Pfizer vaccine. For for those who received the AstraZeneca, some are concerned about travel restrictions as the vaccine is not yet accepted in the U.S.

Those details will get sorted with time, but there still some work to be done.

Neither has the frequency been determined yet. Will it be once in a lifetime, or a annually or somewhere in between? Time, or rather data that have not been compiled yet because the virus and vaccines are so recent, will tell.

• Like 2

Got my second shot yesterday...appointment bumped up from Aug 24 to July 5 🙂. Talked to one of the nurses about boosters and they didn't know if any needed but if they will be it'll likely be a year down the road and they recommend talking to your family physician.

I also contacted my doctor today so my file is updated. Apparently not all doctors are getting notified by Ministry Of Health when their patients are vaccinated.

Finally updated my Medic Alert and getting a new card mailed to me.

A Rambling In The Day Of A Vaccinated Life Of A Lyla Member

RG

tenor-13.gif

• Like 1

Will get my second shot tomorrow morning.

When I got the first one, was told the vaccination receipt would be sent by email. I never received it. The Ontario vaccine booking portal now integrates the feature into the website. Was able to download and print it.

Was my only nitpick with the process and happy they corrected the problem.

I got my second shot last Friday afternoon.  I'm glad it was the weekend because my arm felt like it weighed 300lbs.  It was sore until last night.  Same thing with the notification, I'm supposed to get the papers for that but nothing yet but given the app for my phone, nothing yet either.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, NotchJohnson said:

I got my second shot last Friday afternoon.  I'm glad it was the weekend because my arm felt like it weighed 300lbs.  It was sore until last night.  Same thing with the notification, I'm supposed to get the papers for that but nothing yet but given the app for my phone, nothing yet either.

If you're referring to the vaccine receipt, you can simply log into the Ontario booking website as if you booking for a shot. After entering your health card info, you'll get the options of booking(or rebooking) an appointment or to see, save or print the receipt for the received shots.

Got my second shot of Pfizer and now fully vaccinated.

Like the first one, only got a light headache and shoulder pain(now gone). This time they noticed the problem with my email and printed me a copy of the receipt.

Once home, went back on the Ontario booking website to download a PDF copy to keep on my phone if needed.

Happy this is done.