Hello everyone! I’ve been wanting to get a couple of tattoos for years but I’ve always held back because I’ve heard that men prefer women without them. I’m hoping to get some of your opinions on it. Do you like tattoos on SPs? Do you prefer no tattoos? Do you not care either way? Would a tattoo stop/ influence you from/to booking? Also ladies in the industry, do you find tattoos effect your clientele?

Thank you for reading and taking the time to help! Myah xoxo

Edited by MyahMonroe
Added another question
  • Like 2

Here's an old man's opinion.

Having tattoos is sexy. 

Not having tattoos is sexy.

Be yourself, if someone is not going to book time with you based on whether or not you have tattoos ..  That's probably a client you don't really need to worry about in the long term.

Thank you for coming to my TedTalk®

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Guest lydiahardwood
Just now, OldandNerdy said:

Be yourself, if someone is not going to book time with you based on whether or not you have tattoos ..  That's probably a client you don't really need to worry about in the long term.

Love this! It's your body - if you want them then go for it! You'll still be sexy as hell either way

I'm fine if looks like a personal choice and not the product of "branding", like seen too often.

No problems with a body used as a canvas. As a business card, not so much... 

1 hour ago, OldandNerdy said:

Exactly what OldandNerdy is saying.

You do you! Achieve your goals, dreams, wants and needs. The right clients will appreciate you no matter what. 

• Like 4

Yup. Getting tattoos or not should be entirely up to you, and not about what anyone else wants. Ink has never been a factor in whether I saw someone or not. I suppose it *could* be, if someone had something that was truly awful, but I've never encountered that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I love my tattoos and wouldn't trade them for anything! I'm still plotting more 😈

But I'd be lying if I said they didn't change my business at all.. 

It did make it easier to be authentic; I do wear my personality on my sleeves now lol they're a great conversation starter! 

But I also saw a shift happen as I went from being seen as 'any girl', with a couple of tattoos - to 'the tattooed girl' with a sleeve, and then another sleeve

For me, it was a fine trade; I now get to meet people who more align more with my personality and interests, than being more chameleon like before, which also came with meeting so many people who wanted me to be something I'm not. 

I get much less of that now

I feel like for as many people there are who would judge/not book you because of your tattoos, there is a similar amount of those who would also book you because of them 🙂

Just my experience though!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I am a fan of tattoos in general...I believe they are a way of expressing personality, and can be symbolic of parts of your life...or they can simply be fun.

I am *ahem* old enough to remember when tattoos were much more scarce...you'd rarely see them on anyone except for sailors, or maybe your grandfather, who had some crude ones symbolizing time served in war. Fond memories though.

Those times are past, and most have accepted that. My opinion would be to go get what you want done, have fun and be proud of it. Clients who were attracted to your personality before will still be attracted to that now. Your personality includes the desire to express yourself through body art. A client who doesn't appreciate that wouldn't mesh with your personality, and therefore would not be as fulfilling an experience for either of you.

Go get inked and have some fun! Be careful though...the buzz of that needle can be addictive😉

• Like 5

I love my tattoos but don’t think they change much, first off they are not on my adverts but I have had guys ask if that’s a “new” one when I have had them for 8-11years or so, they literally don’t see them and are paying attention to me! Haha which is just how I like it… btw if you are not a fan of tattoos I have bad news for you, like Ms Manda I am already plotting my next ones teehee… I am sure I can distract you from them though … pretty sure … unless you love them then I will tell you the story between each one on my lil bod 😉

• Like 5

I normally judge tattoos on locations and nature.

I tend to prefer when hidden under casual clothing, making the reveal more intimate. Also, being hidden from the sun will considerably reduce fading over time.

As for the nature of a tattoo, the worst are uncreative, trendy and dated. A good one should be timeless and well represent your personality. Getting something like the dolphin on the ankle is safe but meaningless. Same goes with all cultural appropriation symbols and scriptures. Not because of political correctness, but due to ignorance of deeper meanings. Religious and cultural symbols generally representing peace and unity, can also be viewed as insults in certain parts of the world. If you got a deep attachment to a culture and fully understand all possible interpretations, it's fine. But if only like the look, it's likely not gonna age very well.

Better be sure of what you want, what you want to say and with who you want to share it.

I think it's really hard to generalize on what guys prefer. I had a disagreement recently with a friend of mine who doesn't like tattoos on a lady. I personally find them sexy as hell. For every guy who is put off by them, there is another who is turned on by them. 

Go with what makes you feel best about yourself, because at the end of the day, nothing is sexier on a lady than confidence! (at least in my humble opinion ;) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Personally, I like SP’s without tattos. I don’t mind small tattoos and the place of the tattoo. 

Just my opinion. No offence.

Thanks

• Like 3

2 hours ago, charlottequinn123 said:

I love my tattoos but don’t think they change much, first off they are not on my adverts but I have had guys ask if that’s a “new” one when I have had them for 8-11years or so, they literally don’t see them and are paying attention to me! Haha which is just how I like it… btw if you are not a fan of tattoos I have bad news for you, like Ms Manda I am already plotting my next ones teehee… I am sure I can distract you from them though … pretty sure … unless you love them then I will tell you the story between each one on my lil bod 😉

I haven't seen any of yours on pics...now I'm intrigued, haha

2 hours ago, Steampunk said:

Would have to add time to the encounter.... to look, analyse and get your explanation on each of them!

Why not eh!? (It’s ok there’s not that many but extra time is always fun… for any reason!)

• Like 2

@MyahMonroe

I am unaware if your companion career is known to your personal circle or not, or if you reveal your face in your ads.

But if you do get a unique tattoo which is visible, then do bear in mind that that can be an identifier even if you hide or blur your face.

Rest is your choice. 😙

Edited by beesh
  • Like 2

I find a woman's body is beautiful on its own and does not really require artwork to enhance it. However it is a personal choice on the lady's part and I respect that. I also do find some tattoos very well done and not invasive. Although I do prefer natural woman I am not opposed to them and not a turn off.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, charlottequinn123 said:

I love my tattoos but don’t think they change much, first off they are not on my adverts but I have had guys ask if that’s a “new” one when I have had them for 8-11years or so, they literally don’t see them and are paying attention to me! Haha which is just how I like it…

I've totally done that :) I've given up asking if a tattoo is new for precisely that reason...

• Like 2

I have 17 and wouldn't trade any of them. They all have a meaning and will be many more in the future.

I am also not a huge fan of letting mens preference dictate my style. Go with what you want ;) 

If the tattoos are a problem, then the client and I are not a good fit.

Tattoos help me express myself and are great conversation starters. They can very easily be smudged or cropped and I would suggest doing so.

Beesh was correct about identifiers. Even if you don't mind sadly many others still target this type of work.

Its also no the 60s anymore.

Go get your ink 💋

• Like 3

Everybody that chimed in this conversation is correct...do what you want and not what other are looking for.  Getting tattoos is addicting...once you start getting some you may not want to stop.  Personally I find tattoos to be sexy but up to a certain point...sleeves are hot and share a story but having the entire chest and back area fully inked not so much.  Like GT mentioned they will fade in the sun so beware on where you get it.

Besides that I will see any lady that I find attractive and it's not tattoos that will make me decide to go through a date but her personality will.

• Like 5

I just finished up my 10th and favorite piece... my chest. It may deter some, but not really a worry for me as the serotonin boost outweighs any $$. 🙂

• Like 2

I only been deterred by tattoos symbolizing affiliations to certain groups.

Having met providers in the 90's when a certain organization controlled the industry, I regularly seen tattoos related to it. Some told me it was not quite a symbol of ownership or association, but more a form of loyalty. So when a few years later met a woman on a blind date wearing a tattoo with similar characteristics, I felt very uncomfortable and politely told her I wasn't interested.

She contacted me later asking why I cut the date short and told her I noticed the tattoo. She replied not to worry as her bf was in jail. Oddly enough, that didn't reassure me at all and was glad I dodged that bullet.