I'm thinking about going to a wax job, just to try it out. I believe the studio offer such services.... Have anyone been there? What was the overall experience was. How much wat the free (pre gratuity)

On 6/27/2021 at 1:25 PM, RiverCityGuy said:

I'm thinking about going to a wax job, just to try it out. I believe the studio offer such services.... Have anyone been there? What was the overall experience was. How much wat the free (pre gratuity)

For free?  Well thats easy.

Become a father and pull your own hair out.

20 hours ago, DwayneR said:

For free?  Well thats easy.

Become a father and pull your own hair out.

Ooops great comment, on a bad typo....'how much was the fee" is what I meant to say

Don’t get waxed

get sugared

million times better

waxing very irritating to sensitive skin

sugaring leaves skin just nice and smooth

both hurt but it’s a good hurt

• Like 1

On July 2, 2021 at 8:12 PM, fresh said:

Don’t get waxed

get sugared

million times better

Any Sugaring place that you can recommend?   I haven't been to any for a long time now.

The best ones I have gone to are strictly sugaring, no massage...and very legit businesses, so if going there, please be respectful.  But as mentioned, I have gone to Silk-e-fyne, NUDE and BARE.....been going more to Silk lately, but just a note, she is very talkative.  All three do a great job.

27 minutes ago, stressrelease said:

The best ones I have gone to are strictly sugaring, no massage...and very legit businesses, so if going there, please be respectful.  But as mentioned, I have gone to Silk-e-fyne, NUDE and BARE.....been going more to Silk lately, but just a note, she is very talkative.  All three do a great job.

Thanks for the reply. I’ve been to Silk.e.fyne, but stopped going because she talks too much asks too many personal questions. Other than that, service is great. 

Haven't tried these myself, but have seen them mentioned on previous threads:

Mona Lisa Spa on Main

The Studio (if you're looking for the best of both worlds)

3 hours ago, GoodLick said:

Haven't tried these myself, but have seen them mentioned on previous threads:

Mona Lisa Spa on Main

The Studio (if you're looking for the best of both worlds)

Is the studio still open? I heard a rumor that they shut down

They shut down during the last provincial health order, but they're up and running again.  Advertising every day now with at least three MA's.  Usually, you'll see them advertise the sugaring on Kijiji.

10 hours ago, GoodLick said:

They shut down during the last provincial health order, but they're up and running again.  Advertising every day now with at least three MA's.  Usually, you'll see them advertise the sugaring on Kijiji.

Hey thanks

On 7/2/2021 at 10:12 PM, fresh said:

Don’t get waxed

get sugared

million times better

From someone who actually did waxing in school... waxing with a high quality wax vs sugaring... you're going to have the same result if you don't know how to prep or post. Also, if someone isn't qualified to do it, you risk alot of health risk possibilities, so make sure the person is registered/certified. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SarahAlexxx said:

From someone who actually did waxing in school... waxing with a high quality wax vs sugaring... you're going to have the same result if you don't know how to prep or post. Also, if someone isn't qualified to do it, you risk alot of health risk possibilities, so make sure the person is registered/certified. 

😇🤩 Any special tips besides the salons directives for prep/post? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What the salons have taught you is likely what you need to know for good service.

An understanding of the epidermis and follicle growth helps.

As long as you exfoliate, clean properly and understand that hair should be ripped out with its growth and not against it, you should be okay.

Having a paper or certificate could be handy for tax/insurance purposes but it's not exactly necessary.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Sugar Kayne said:

😇🤩 Any special tips besides the salons directives for prep/post? 

I guess really just... know your hair, know your skin. Exfoliate before and after. Dont use chemicals, scents or anything that could irritate after. For any kind of genital waxing, avoid sexytime/saliva/lube, ect... for atleast 24 hours. Coconut oil is your best friend post. For me anyway. Witch Hazel always breaks me out. 

^ in terms of which direction the hair should be removed in... depends on the method and wax used. I've never not ripped it out against the growth and haven't ever been taught or told otherwise (even by licensed folks) but im sure everyone has their own way and that's cool. Whatever works for YOUR body is best for you. 

• Thanks 2