Life is a series of hellos and goodbyes

Hey folks

This past year and a half has been rough on all of us, all the fear, uncertainty and doubt really plays tricks on our heads and impacts our mental wellbeing. 

I know personally that I've had a number of weeks where I felt isolated, depressed, and had trouble functioning throughout the days.  I've posted about this here a month or so ago, as have others. 

That feeling can really compound by not having someone you can talk to about how you're feeling.

Before all this pandemic stuff happened, about 5 years ago, I went through a very terrible time.  I won't go into details as to what triggered it, but I spent about 3 - 4 months where I was suicidal every minute of every day.  I had my way out planned, I had the means to end it.  And every day I managed to not do it.  I was mostly alone.  But I did have people checking on me daily.  Making sure I had someone to talk to.  

It took a lot of hard work to pull myself out of that.  At the time I didn't think my life was worth living.  I didn't think it would ever be worth living again. 

But as I look back now - 5 years later and after a milestone birthday, I realize that I'm doing better than I ever had been doing before in my life.  Life is good.  I know who the people in my life are that both care about me and that I care about.  Conversely I know who not to worry about any longer.

So why am I going into all of this now?  I know people are still struggling out there.  People need that person to talk to.  Probably some people who frequent this forum.

If this is you, if you are struggling at all, please contact me. I WILL listen to you.  I WILL be here for you.  I've been where you are.  I know the value of having someone.  

Well that's it for me.  I'm here, ready to listen.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2