Halifax's rate discussion

I know this topic might make some ppls feel uncomfortable, but i realized from last year some ladies increase their rate significantly. Personally i am ok with 260-300 rates but i can not accept 300+, as i know some ladies travel from outside of NS, but that is not a reason for overcharge 100 more when they host in Toronto. Our local ladies rate are very reasonable, MS,Amanda etc, i have saw them multiple times, also Your French Lady. I just confused the reason behind when ladies travel from other place and overcharge for halifax~

13 minutes ago, lechero1125 said:

I know this topic might make some ppls feel uncomfortable, but i realized from last year some ladies increase their rate significantly. Personally i am ok with 260-300 rates but i can not accept 300+, as i know some ladies travel from outside of NS, but that is not a reason for overcharge 100 more when they host in Toronto. Our local ladies rate are very reasonable, MS,Amanda etc, i have saw them multiple times, also Your French Lady. I just confused the reason behind when ladies travel from other place and overcharge for halifax~

13. NO DISCUSSION OF RATES OR PRICES 

Advertisers are allowed to state their rates or prices in their ads. However, this is not something that should be bartered/discussed/commented on. Please do not discuss or compare rates or prices on Lyla. 

That being said, with inflating travel costs due to covid and raising oil prices, it's obvious the extra costs will be absorbed by patrons. And I doubt this will only be a problem in Halifax. See this as extra motivation to support local ladies.

Every provider has a right to charge whatever rate they want too. And we as self employers have the right to raise or adjust our rate at any time we see fit. There are plenty of Halifax girls that will cater to lower rates. However most times  it’s worth the investment for both you and us 🙂 

I agree with Daysha. We can charge how we wish. Everyone's bills and expenses are different. Everyone's situation is different. 

The pandemic has brought in a whole new wave of time wasters and no shows. Raising my rates reduce the time wasters I deal with. Adding in screening and deposits keep myself and my clients safe, and reduced my no shows/last minute cancellations. 

Having the same med to high volume for covid purposes is super risky whether you are in a hotel or private space. As to pre-covid. From few people in the hotels making it harder to blend in and everyone home in private spaces, making it more noticable for traffic. There is a lot of thought and details that we providers provide our clients to be able to maintain discretion and privacy for all of us. 

Hotels have jumped from 100ish/night to 150-250/night depending on where. 250/night in Sydney! Rents are doubling if not tripling all over the city. And that doesn't matter if you have a dump of a place to a high end newly built "luxury" space. Prices of houses have soared over 30% in the last 2 years. Inflation rates have double (did you know they change the formula every few years to make inflation not look as high or crazy as it actually is). Our overall dollar value has plummeted. $100 grocery shop is maybe a basket full now vrs almost 2 years ago. 

Expenses have double for most of us, being hotel or private space. Advertising costs have gone up, as we are no longer just advertising for in person locally but competing for advertising space with online workers too. Tax bills (HST and income tax) + regular expenses are still there too. 

My rates went up as I am seeing fewer clients to keep myself and my clients safer. They also went up set me apart buisness wise and attract the clientele I am looking for at this point. It also went up so I could make 300ish an hour after taxes. HST, CPP and income taxes are a b*tch. 

Most people sadly still view this as money to my pocket for me to buy frilly things. They don't take in account all the work mental, physical and emotional that it takes to run this as a buisness, the expenses that are incurred, and time behind the scenes. Building brands, website, online platforms, social media, verifying ourselves so you know us to be real. The list goes on. 

If this was just putting on lingerie, some lipstick and a dashingly respectful person was at my door waiting with cash in hand, that doesn't wish ill on me, this would be way easier. Maybe rates could be structured differently. 

But for now, and like any companion should, I will charge what I see fit for myself at this time. 

Edited by StephanieMystique
Spelling
  • Like 6

Understandably the question arises occasionally and those who are serious know, the price is the price, full stop. The rights of services or refusal fall to the SP who has the power which includes pricing. That is not in question. 

Thank you Stephanie and Datsha for your input as well insight. Hopefully this will aid answering the OP curiosity around the changes in the required compensation occurring. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, lechero1125 said:

I appreciate that my rates are comfortable for many, which is a big part of why I've left them as such since 2012 ❤️

But being totally honest.. 

My costs of running business have more than doubled since then, and now covid has made this industry a different world than it was even in 2019.

Costs to maintain the business and travel have increased a ton, even since 2019 😞

My unpopular opinion.. 

The raises are well deserved, and more of us should be going for them, especially now, tbh.

I know any providers here know what I mean lol

We're definitely overdue for a rate increase, especially here in Halifax. 

It's been almost a decade since the norms changed 😂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

ur rate is fair also u are very professional! What i mean is when ladies travel from another provinces. Their rate is hmmm? even their website show they only charge 300 or 350 but they charge way more than that, just confused i understand cost of run business etc, i am not complain our local ladies rate. I just do not like treat like we are country boy, city girls will charge more for us lmao. 

Guest lydiahardwood

Locking this as discussion of rates is not allowed here. Providers can charge whatever the hell they want to. Don't like it? Don't book.