Is the Ottawa/Gatineau scene that quiet?

Hey - just relocated back to the national capital region… got an itch and started to look for something to help. Kind of surprised at these forums being so quiet… also not to many service providers advertising. I know it’s the elections and all but still Lol

Also found Leo to be .. hmm average… seems the ones who strike my fancy are travelling from TO or MTL.

man I just not looking in the right places?

• Like 1

As much as I like this community, it is very quiet for Ottawa. Only a few SPs advertise here anymore, and almost no MPs at all.

It's a little disappointing 

1 minute ago, 500 Pound Gorilla said:

As much as I like this community, it is very quiet for Ottawa. Only a few SPs advertise here anymore, and almost no MPs at all.

It's a little disappointing 

With some providers living on alternative income, some restrictions still in place and the slow economy, we're still months(if not a year) before a return to normality.

I doubt it will be before spring of 2022.

3 hours ago, Greenteal said:

Yeah ... first placed I checked before posting ... and as I said .. there seems to be finer aged Wines ... but I looking for a new Beaujolais :)

The posts are of the same 3 SP and the rest out of town visiting

• Like 1

6 hours ago, libidoman23 said:

Yeah ... first placed I checked before posting ... and as I said .. there seems to be finer aged Wines ... but I looking for a new Beaujolais 🙂

The posts are of the same 3 SP and the rest out of town visiting

As I previously mentioned, the last year changed the way many providers do business and we're still months away from semi-normality.

As for what you're looking for, I can only recommend patience and caution.

4 hours ago, Greenteal said:

As I previously mentioned, the last year changed the way many providers do business and we're still months away from semi-normality.

As for what you're looking for, I can only recommend patience and caution.

Lyla was trending that way long before the pandemic, for a variety of reasons. 

• Like 2

On 9/13/2021 at 10:53 AM, TheRiddlerMan said:

Lyla was trending that way long before the pandemic, for a variety of reasons. 

Agree 100%

Is Lyla the way it was years ago when it was cerb and thriving, especially the Ottawa section? Definitely not. 

People have migrated from here and the red board to social medias be it twitter (especially twitter), instagram, snapchat and hell even tiktok. 

I started when Craiglist still had the erotic section, I saw the rise and fall of backpage and we just adapted. Reccomendations and reviews boards arent what they use to be, I however really salute @lydiahardwood whos trying so hard to make it revive and Im trying to contribute the way I use to, but its just ever evolving. 

The Ottawa scene isnt quiet at all, is there maybe now a bit more 25+ than 20 years old SW? sure, but unless you are looking for a really young provider, there is plenty of touring providers and local. 

Some clients are just incredibly jaded because references and deposits are becoming more and more the norm due to the fact that Ottawa has a LOT of no show and cancellations. 

There is even a discord group of clients that goes all of their ways to fake book providers (mostly touring), cause from my understanding they like their MA who does extra to them and want to keep all the money. Dont ask me the logics but thats what Ive been told more than once 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I agree with everything Malika wrote. 

The best place to find well established providers is Ottawa Independent Companions. (Oic) 

Most providers have their Twitter page now and post almost everyday. 

Kisses 

Ali 

• Like 3

What they said. Twitter has really taken over as the place where people interact, I think. I much prefer the way boards work, simply because Twitter interactions are really limited to the folks who are online at the time, and that's assuming the algorithms actually show your tweets to folks. I would never have found this conversation on Twitter, for example, because nobody scrolls that far down their timeline...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1