Hi,

There is someone trying to shake guys down when they go see ladies at the Comfort Inn here in Winnipeg.  This is a motel a lot of the touring ladies use primarily because the main floor suites have private entrances.  I was there a couple of wees ago to see a lady.  When I came out and was walking to my car i was approached by a guy who basically told me he knew why I was at the hotel and had taken pictures of my car and license plate.  The problem with this location is you have to park in their lot.  There is no street parking in the area.   Most guys usually park in the back away from the street view.  Anyway he told me if I didn't give him $200 he was going to post the pictures on the internet.  Unfortunately for him I could care less.  I've been divorced for over 20 years, have no SO, my  kids are grown and live far away, my parent are dead, have no siblings or other close relatives and really couldn't give a rat's ass if I was outed in this manner.  I told him to get the F away from me.  In reality the only thing that kept me from laying a beating on him was the fact I don't need the aggravation of the cops showing up if someone witnessed it.  Unfortunately I have no idea if he was sitting in a car and the description of it as he seemed to be on foot.

I would say he was in his late 20's early 30's, ~5'9" or 10" (I am 6' and he was shorter than me), about 150 lbs, skinny, Caucasian.  Scruffy, unshaven.  Was wearing a dark jacket,, black Under Armour hat sunglasses.

I don't think the lady had anything to do with it.  She's been through town a few times and had a good reputation. 

• Like 2