30 vs 60 minutes, different expectations?

Hello,

Curious about others’ experiences with massage. If choosing 60 minutes instead of 30 minutes, would the rate charged the finish alone, also increase to some degree? I have felt this pressure, namely to pay more for the same finish. Also have felt pressure to upgrade the finish selected when choosing a 60 minute session. I do empathize however, as there is an opportunity cost for their time (two finishes across two 30 minute appointments vs one finish during a 60 minute appointments. Greatly appreciate any insight!

Personally for me I typically do 60 minutes.  The only time I do 30 minutes is when trying someone new for the first time.

For me the rate for finish is the same whether 60 minutes or 30 minutes.

now for comments of pressure I have experienced this in different ways and tend not to return as it is typically not a massage experience I enjoy.

Often I find 60 too short but hard to find time

half hour is just for when you are unsure and want to see what it’s like

at EB I always take 45 minutes

because they don’t change after the tub in a 45 minute 

on an hour some attendants would disappear for quite some time to change after getting out of the tub. So I found 45 minutes better bang for buck 

• Thanks 1

30 versus 60 depends on the provider.

As for the tip, you are tipping for the service not the length of the session, which you are already paying more for.

The tip should remain the same regardless of length of the session.

• Like 1

From my experience it depends on the provider. The ones who actually pride themselves on a good massage seem to prefer 60 minutes. Those just looking to finish you quick and move on to the next client seem to prefer 30-45. I’ve been with some where I booked 60 minutes and they offered an upsell for free (topless etc) if I would be willing to leave in 45.