I scheduled a time to meet with a well reviewed provider. We agreed on a time and she told me to text her when I’m on the way so that she could give me her exact address. I texted her a couple of times and no response and again when I arrived in the area. Does this happen to others as well/often? Is it appropriate to reach out to see what (if anything) put her off? 

• Like 1

A few questions:

First, define "well reviewed". Are you talking about 3 to 5 recos from new members or a dozen from long time hobbyists.

Second, were you originally communicating her by txt, email or other method? And when you tried to txt her later, did you use a different phone or an app to hide your number?

Also, she may have some reasons to cancel. Can try sending a message a few hours later or the following day. If she doesn't reply, just move on.

2 hours ago, Hellohalifax said:

I scheduled a time to meet with a well reviewed provider. We agreed on a time and she told me to text her when I’m on the way so that she could give me her exact address. I texted her a couple of times and no response and again when I arrived in the area. Does this happen to others as well/often? Is it appropriate to reach out to see what (if anything) put her off? 

just be glad you didn’t send a deposit 

Guest MelanieRose

If a time was agreed upon and nothing was mentioned about changing mind, needing to cancel, unable to make it etc.. Personally I would probably reach out with one text and ask if all is okay since I haven't heard back and was looking forward to it. That's what I do when people no show on my end. Things come up, but just let me know beforehand so I can go on with my day  :). In short, I feel it would be appropriate to reach out between schedueled hours or when you see their ad again. 

19 hours ago, Hellohalifax said:

It happens.  As has been said, just be happy it didn't cost you a deposit. 

If she is a member of this board I would reach out via PM and make sure everything is ok, and try to reschedule.  As has also been said, life happens to all of us. 

On 11/25/2021 at 8:47 PM, Hellohalifax said:

Happens more than you think.

Sometimes I have them msg back days/weeks and ask to continue where you left off without apologizing or

acknowledging that they stood you up. I just block their number and move on. It's all you can really do at that

point. First impressions are everything and time is valuable. 

Same thing happens on FB marketplace when you want to buy something and offer to meet up but they 

stand you up. All you can do is block and move on. 

Just be thankful they didn't rob you or get away with more than just your time. . 

• Like 1