Dress Codes at Ottawa/Gatineau SCs

Hey Guys,

I tried doing a search but no luck so maybe this will help other people too. Can you please right out any dress codes that you know about for local SCs? Specifically Pigales. I haven't been in a while and I want to make sure I can where shorts this weekend. Thanks!

BAREFAX: No Hats

In the daytime it's pretty much everything goes. They won't let you in the evening with a wife-beater or a sleeveless shirt. Other than that, you should be fine.

Most places it's no ripped jeans, no muscle shirts and for sure nothing with a gang logo (Hell's Angels or Rock Machine biker gang logos for example, especially on the PQ side). Other than that, clean clothing. Some places I've been to turned away some guys in the evening because they were pretty scuzzy. :sm48:

I'd recommend not wearing a hoody to Pigales, at least in the evening... definite no fly on that one. Luckily I had another shirt in the car.

Guest Bri*****e Da****

Barbarella's will make you take hats off as well - I think most clubs don't allow them or bandanas, actually.

Barbarella's will make you take hats off as well - I think most clubs don't allow them or bandanas, actually.

Gang paraphernalia? Is that really much of a problem here in Ottawa?

.... I guess they want to keep it that way. Not really sure that the rule is truly preventative but an ounce of prevention.....

J

.... I guess they want to keep it that way. Not really sure that the rule is truly preventative but an ounce of prevention.....

J

There are significant gang issues in Ottawa. H.A. have a clubhouse near Wellington and Holland. The level of activity is kept below the radar screen for most because it suits everyone's purpose. By everyone I mean club owners, the gangs and police. The no colours signs in some clubs are there to give the rest of us some comfort. The owners make their own "arrangements".

What you say makes sense Waterrat - thanks - and I should take this opportunity (since we've posted consecutive comments) to apologize publicly for having selected a cerb handle so similar to yours .....

Cheers,

"wateRat"

J

During the winter I've gone to Taboo and Playmate many times (and a couple to Barbs) with sweatpants which were more comfy for me. NEVER had an issue and they wouldn't see me again if I did.

The no colours signs in some clubs are there to give the rest of us some comfort.

When I see a sign like that I tend to turn around and avoid the club. Same with metal detectors--my favourite club in Montreal (Kingdom) has them and they make me uneasy. Although they're probably a good idea--my favourite Ottawa club (Nuden) has shootings but no metal detectors, so a little security effort would probably be a good thing all in all.

What you say makes sense Waterrat - thanks - and I should take this opportunity (since we've posted consecutive comments) to apologize publicly for having selected a cerb handle so similar to yours .....

Cheers,

"wateRat"

J

No problem on the tag - we just have to make sure that we both keep our noses clean or the mod might suspend us both for good measure lol

Additional Comments:

I've gone in sweat pants and T's nothing said.

I have not seen an issue about sweat pants here. In the GTA they are discouraged as a way to discourage easy "extras" that can get the club in trouble.

Gang paraphernalia? Is that really much of a problem here in Ottawa?

It's the reason I stopped going to the Pink Panther. Their 'urban' element can't seem to behave. The guy who did the shooting at NuDen was a gang banger as well. Barb's and Fax do the best job of keeping the thugs out.