Well said Cleo!

I have 4 tattoos and funky hair color and I receive those looks that are mean to ashamed you...people that look at you saying yeah, you are different then the norm so worth less

But I would you give a huge chestershire smile:D

I'm of the opinion that the beautiful women at the beach or elsewhere want us to look; "these girls work hard at looking cute and sexy, you think they don't appreciate us looking"; "they would be insulted if we didn't"...respectfully of course, not with our tongue sticking out or whatever else you may imagine..lol!!! ESPECIALLY THOSE GIRLS WITH LOVELY TATTOOS!! HA!

• Like 2

Another example, sadly, of people needing to be trained in etiquette, good manners, common courtesy and common sense.

I don't know, I was raised to be a gentleman and thought it was normal to be and act like a gentleman. It was the minority that had bad manners.

How would these guys feel if it was their mother/sister/daughter getting cat calls. So simple a concept, treat others the way you'd like to be treated (or in this case, your mother/sister/daughter treated)

RG

• Like 1

Guest S**a*Q

Start speaking in tongues or scream incoherently and incessantly...

Spend time trying to bite the little man on your shoulder.

Ah, or even better when someone whistles at you, turn around to them, raise your arms above your head, and run at them while making gorilla noises. :D

The cat-calls will stop, no one thinks insanity is sexy... :D

Ah, or even better when someone whistles at you, turn around to them, raise your arms above your head, and run at them while making gorilla noises. :D

HAHAHHA! Oh Sara, I <3 you

Sorry to hear so many people fail so grandly in regards to a lady who is clearly wonderful to be around and beautiful as well :( I hope you know they suck and there's a bunch of people out there who know you're great! :)

I can't pretend to know what it's like for you ladies in this situation (having a non-traditional look/style that is) but as a person who tends to get gawked at as well, I find my actions and demeanor have gone a long way towards making people have second thoughts about judging a book by it's cover.

Although there are times when it's fun to just tell an ignorant moron to get fucked. Fun stuff

Additional Comments:

Btw Sara,

You madam, are both hilarious and diabolical!

Guest tr*****e

People just fail at common decency, like treating people like they're worth more than dirt.

(Wait, you paid that company for a truckload of... dirt???? *facepalm*)

Not everyone digs tattoos. They're only a recent phenomenom in our culture, so it's no surprise to me that they still garner looks, disrespectful and not. Yes Cleo, you are a gorgeous girl, inside and out, no doubt about it. However, to people like yourself, Malika and other funky, confident individuals, you have got to expect looks from others...you're fun and interesting to look at. And besides that, you know folks can be ignorant and unaccepting of things they don't understand, so continue to walk proud, with your beautiful heads held high. How boring would life be if we all looked the same?

Not everyone digs tattoos. They're only a recent phenomenom in our culture, so it's no surprise to me that they still garner looks, disrespectful and not. Yes Cleo, you are a gorgeous girl, inside and out, no doubt about it. However, to people like yourself, Malika and other funky, confident individuals, you have got to expect looks from others...you're fun and interesting to look at. And besides that, you know folks can be ignorant and unaccepting of things they don't understand, so continue to walk proud, with your beautiful heads held high. How boring would life be if we all looked the same?

Aww thanks sweetheart! But it's not just girls with tattoos that get looks - every pretty girl in a short skirt has experienced the cat-call!

All I'm really trying to say is this: pretty girls know they're pretty, and want to wear pretty things. Please don't make us feel like garbage about it - because then we'll cover up!

And that would be a real shame.

I'm now smiling at the memory of walking down Elgin on the first really nice Friday evening of the year, and thinking, "I love spring!"

For obvious reasons :)

Cleo, I know what you are talking about.

To those that do not know my gender, I am a male and I have a small frame, 5'9" and 140 pounds. But a couple of summers ago, in my residential neighbourhood, I got whistled at from a passing car that drove up behind me. "WTF", I thought at the time, "I'm a guy".

It really pissed me off and it made me appreciate what it feels like to have that happen to you.

Cleo, I sure there are others that feel the same that you could walk down the street beside me as arm candy anytime with your tats fully exposed. I think you are a gorgeous creature!

Meow!

D9QEnuQFonwa5wuxsgUCrmmFo1_500.jpg

Edited by Mature Angela

Oh my, I just played this and my cat nearly peed herself! For sheer entertainment value play this for your cat, too cute!

Bethany

Xoxox

It didn't sound anything like this did it

Sorry, couldn't resist...and my cat is running around the place right now looking for an intruder...really

http://www.ilovewavs.com/Effects/Animals/Sound%20Effect%20-%20Cat%20Meow%2001.wav

RG

Summertime is now upon us, which means YAY for short skirts and tank tops! After one day of donning such attire in downtown Ottawa, I've already been reminded of my least favourite thing about summer: the cat-call.

My experiences with cerb gentlemen have always been respectful and courteous, so this message is in no way intended to snip at any of you - however, this is just a gentle reminder to the people out there I may not have met, so who may not be as gentlemenly. NO LADY likes to be yelled at when walking down the street. Honking, whistling, 'ya-hooing', etc. Not acceptable.

There are ways to show your appreciation of a nice-looking woman without acting like a pig. The best one: a SMILE. A smile goes a long way, and usually results in a return smile. A leer however can sometimes result in my middle finger being flashed at your face.

For myself especially, as a heavily tattooed woman, I expect the looks. Today already I had the purrfect examples of polite, and downright rude. As I sat down in the hair salon waiting room, the older lady next to me smiled, looked at me, and said 'HOLY COW! that's a lot of ink!' then proceeded to talk to me about them. Totally fine. Made me smile. Unaccepable - the woman sitting on a bus bench who dropped her mouth at me, sneered, then turned to gawk at me with a look of disgust as I passed (see, my intended lesson in this message isn't for men only, women can do this too!). That made me angry.

All I'm really trying to say is this: pretty girls know they're pretty, and want to wear pretty things. Please don't make us feel like garbage about it - because then we'll cover up!

Yes, I've had this happen in the past and my sister and I did not want to get out of our car down in the market. There were a bunch of guys sitting out on the patio where Lone Star cafe is now located and they were being very vocal when women were passing by. We weren't scantily dressed but it was summer, we were both blonde and thin and it was a definite formula for the cat call. I didn't like that sort of attention at all. It made me want to run away.

Guest S**a*Q
Yes, I've had this happen in the past and my sister and I did not want to get out of our car down in the market. There were a bunch of guys sitting out on the patio where Lone Star cafe is now located and they were being very vocal when women were passing by. We weren't scantily dressed but it was summer, we were both blonde and thin and it was a definite formula for the cat call. I didn't like that sort of attention at all. It made me want to run away.

Just yell back at them that you'd totally sleep with them, if they weren't in they same cock category as your little brother, who's in junior high school. Heehee!

Additional Comments:

Just yell back at them that you'd totally sleep with them, if they weren't in they same cock category as your little brother, who's in junior high school. Heehee!

Hahahah :) I'm not mean, I just stand for what I believe in, and am not afraid of calling someone out in public. :P

I can never understand the mentality of guys that do this. At best it obviously doesn't impress the girl(s), so why do it at all? To impress their similarly douche-y friends, I suppose: "Behold my virility for I am acting like a jerk!"

And as a guy that has a soft spot for girls with tattoos and nonstandard hair colors, all I can say is guys like this just don't know what they're missing when they're rude and not nice!

Summertime is now upon us, which means YAY for short skirts and tank tops! After one day of donning such attire in downtown Ottawa, I've already been reminded of my least favourite thing about summer: the cat-call.

My experiences with cerb gentlemen have always been respectful and courteous, so this message is in no way intended to snip at any of you - however, this is just a gentle reminder to the people out there I may not have met, so who may not be as gentlemenly. NO LADY likes to be yelled at when walking down the street. Honking, whistling, 'ya-hooing', etc. Not acceptable.

There are ways to show your appreciation of a nice-looking woman without acting like a pig. The best one: a SMILE. A smile goes a long way, and usually results in a return smile. A leer however can sometimes result in my middle finger being flashed at your face.

For myself especially, as a heavily tattooed woman, I expect the looks. Today already I had the purrfect examples of polite, and downright rude. As I sat down in the hair salon waiting room, the older lady next to me smiled, looked at me, and said 'HOLY COW! that's a lot of ink!' then proceeded to talk to me about them. Totally fine. Made me smile. Unaccepable - the woman sitting on a bus bench who dropped her mouth at me, sneered, then turned to gawk at me with a look of disgust as I passed (see, my intended lesson in this message isn't for men only, women can do this too!). That made me angry.

:( Sorry Cleo, but that random shout of "Meeee, f***in- Owwww!!" the other day was from me....I couldn't help it! The mere sight of you made all the blood drain from my brain and there were no coherent thought patterns to be had. :P

All kidding aside this really bothers me when I see other guys doing this, almost makes me ashamed to have a penis. You truly are a wonderful lady, inside and out, and deserve to be treated like a lady. Makes me angry to hear of anyone disrespecting you...or anyone for that matter. Not trying to be holier than thou, if I see a beautiful woman, in a short skirt and a tank top, I WILL look, I am a man who likes women after all, but what some men need to understand, is that there are ways to admire a beautiful woman and still remain subtle and respectful about it.

Cleo, even though we've only met a few times (so far :P) I can already tell that you are one of the kindest, most caring, most thoughtful, most sensual, and yes, one of the sexiest, women I have ever met. The thought of anyone disrespecting someone like you is truly upsetting to me. I'm glad you're able to see that we're not all cut from the same cloth!

I've actually been on the receiving end of girls leering at me everywhere I look (no people, I'm not making this up :P), usually while having the unfortunate experience of having to go to the Promenades De L'Outaouais in Gatineau for any reason. And while I'm sure it can't be compared to what beautiful women like Cleo must have to put up with on a daily basis, it did give me an inkling of what it feels like to be looked at as a piece of meat. Trust me guys, I am in no way bragging here. It's an......unsettling....experience to say the least. There's nothing flattering about being looked at that way, no matter who you are. Even when I go to strip bars I don't holler or leer at the girls there, I admire the women there the same way I do anywhere else, respectfully and with subtlety (I hope). Remember guys, "Every Woman Has A Name", they're all their own person with their own thoughts, their own feelings, their own insecurities, and their own lives.

This thread reminded me of this song, seemed appropriate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxZDW1bKIpA

The pictures in this video, at least to me, depict the beauty of individuality. And how every woman is beautiful in her own way.

Thanks Sara, I actually had vivid mental images of Cleo doing all of these things! The Gorilla run in particular made me spit cereal all over my keyboard! :P

• Like 1

Bumping up this thread from last year, as a gentle reminder to gentlemen during hot weather - we know you're going to look, and most ladies enjoy a respectful compliment. But please keep the loud, harassing calls to yourself, they make us feel terrible!

• Like 1

Cleo,

My mother, who is Irish with a great sense of humor, once told me that the best way to treat a woman is to talk to her like an equal but look at her like a superior.

This is also the same woman who said that if I wanted panties as trophies I better learn to run from father with shotguns.

• Like 1

Ah, or even better when someone whistles at you, turn around to them, raise your arms above your head, and run at them while making gorilla noises.

The cat-calls will stop, no one thinks insanity is sexy...

Hello, Sara

Does this make me crazy if I just want to do this for fun. I will send out an invitation for you to join me downtown to do these crazy and fun things. Nothing like some free entertainment, lol.

XoXo

Peachy/Val.