How far to undress for RMT

Have only been a few times and the therapist always said to shorts, didn't know there was an option.

They would work on my glutes' regardless.

• Like 1

I regularly (1-2x/week) attend the clinic at the local massage college. Its typically 1 on 1 in a large room with curtains drawn between beds. Sometimes you'll have students shadow each other. Other times it's their teacher. 

Since it's in school, they have to go through the entire speach every single time. From explaining potential benefits and side effects of a massage, detailing their massage plan to you, talking about consent and ability to revoke consent, etc. Etc. The whole experience is nothing like visiting an RMT in a clinic. 

Part of the speach, that they are all trained to say is "undress to your comfort level, however I will be able to provide a better treatment with skin to skin contact" and they flow right into the ability to revoke consent at any point if feeling uncomfortable or for any reason. If fully nude were not acceptable, this part of the speach would not exist. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’ve always left underwear on because I noticed she would tuck the sheet into them and thought that was convenient, so have never tried anything else lol 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/24/2022 at 8:47 PM, IRobi83 said:

I regularly (1-2x/week) attend the clinic at the local massage college. Its typically 1 on 1 in a large room with curtains drawn between beds. Sometimes you'll have students shadow each other. Other times it's their teacher. 

Since it's in school, they have to go through the entire speach every single time. From explaining potential benefits and side effects of a massage, detailing their massage plan to you, talking about consent and ability to revoke consent, etc. Etc. The whole experience is nothing like visiting an RMT in a clinic. 

Part of the speach, that they are all trained to say is "undress to your comfort level, however I will be able to provide a better treatment with skin to skin contact" and they flow right into the ability to revoke consent at any point if feeling uncomfortable or for any reason. If fully nude were not acceptable, this part of the speach would not exist. 

I agree 100%. I had a massage in a renowned professional clinic . I asked the RMT about that. Her answer - Whatever you feel more comfortable. I can handle both ways-. And it was the first time with me. No problems at all.

Nude is always the best and preferred!

The RMT have always given instructions, I’ve never been left wondering.  They typically lead you to the room, direct you to undress and say you can place your things there gesturing to a chair or table, sometimes they will say hang your clothes on the door or wall hooks.  FROM MY EXPERIENCE THE RMT WILL ALWAYS SAY “KEEP YOUR UNDERWEAR ON”, OR “UNDRESS TO YOUR UNDERWEAR”.

Some places give you a disposable thong and direct you to change into this (don’t put it on backwards guys…) they even show “this side in front” lol, they are probably tired of the silliness that they want to avoid…

THE MAIN REASON WHY I DON’T ENJOY RMT AS MUCH IS GETTING MY GITCH TWISTED UP AND DOWN AND HAVING OIL ON THEM AFTERWARDS…massage is a contact sport and seeing my naked body shouldn’t be that troubling as to prefer managing my underwear positioning throughout the massage in that region.  Getting a proper Butt massage alleviates a lot of back pain and promotes blood flow and healing.

• Like 1

During the winter just say

oh I wore long John’s 

then they say don’t worry about jt

during summer

oh I always go commando 

• Like 1