Other Mods who can help you

Guest lydiahardwood

Hi everyone.

I want to remind you that I am not the only Moderator of this board. A lot of you come to me by DM, which is fine, but not the best way to get a fast response.

The quickest way to get a response is by using the report feature.

Alternatively, here is a list of other Mods you can contact for support:

@Kian Lyla

@Yasmine Lyla

@Amelia Lyla

@Lauren Lyla

@Kayleigh Lyla

@Grace Lyla

These guys will ensure Lyla is moderated 24 hours a day. 

Thanks,

Lydia ❤️ 

Thanks, Lydia!

One thing to re-iterate:

13 hours ago, lydiahardwood said:

The quickest way to get a response is by using the report feature.

If you send a mail to one mod, you'll get a response when the person you chose is next online and has time to deal with it.

But if you use the report feature you'll get a response when *any* of the mods are online and have time to deal with it, which will almost certainly be sooner. That's the "Report post" link that appears in the top-right of each post when you mouse over it in a browser - not sure what it looks like on a phone, alas.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Guest lydiahardwood
6 hours ago, Phaedrus said:

Thanks, Lydia!

One thing to re-iterate:

If you send a mail to one mod, you'll get a response when the person you chose is next online and has time to deal with it.

But if you use the report feature you'll get a response when *any* of the mods are online and have time to deal with it, which will almost certainly be sooner. That's the "Report post" link that appears in the top-right of each post when you mouse over it in a browser - not sure what it looks like on a phone, alas.

Exactly this! We had a few issues recently when I took a week off for my birthday and I didn't get back to people quickly, so things escalated. I don't want to let anyone down, so please use the report feature! 

For the past two weeks tried unsuccessfully to contact current mods. Used pm, "contact us" without any answers. And from the messages I received, I'm far from the only one.

I know they visit the forum. Some flagged post were deleted and the Twitter page has regular updates. But not a single public post made here since Lydia left.

I don't expect anyone to be active like Lydia and other previous mods were, but replying to members would be appreciated. I received a lot of private messages in the past weeks for different concerns and I lack the tools and support to help most.

Also, knowing where this board is going would be helpful.

Thank you.

@Kian Lyla @Grace Lyla @Julie Lyla @Amelia Lyla @Lauren Lyla @Sophie Lyla @Trevor Lyla @Yasmine Lyla @Kayleigh Lyla @Francesca Lyla

No moderation?

Awesome.

Soon the lunatics will be running the asylum. 😀

Edited by Greenly

So what happens when you’ve reached out to the mods & have filed reports multiple times with no response 😳 

Just curious if there’s anything else to do, or is it just a waiting game now?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, East Coast Kimmy said:

So what happens when you’ve reached out to the mods & have filed reports multiple times with no response 😳 

Just curious if there’s anything else to do, or is it just a waiting game now?

@Kian Lyla @Grace Lyla @Julie Lyla @Amelia Lyla @Lauren Lyla @Sophie Lyla @Trevor Lyla @Yasmine Lyla @Kayleigh Lyla @Francesca Lyla

We got 10 "Administrators"....

1 hour ago, clearbluesky15 said:

Miss Lydia… she brought so much positive energy to the forum.

I don't want to speculate too much on why she abruptly left/quit.

But if she was left alone to deal with pm's, public questions and more complex situations, I would certainly understand her decision.

In the ten admins I identified, only two made public posts and none were related to their admin/mod roles.

I understand nobody wants to take charge and get publicly criticized. But as an admin, it's part of the job. And if none want to do it publicly, the least they can do is answer their pm's,  

Because right now, I'm the one getting a lot of messages for questions and problems I can't answer or deal with.

Edited by Guest

Thanks everyone . I have a  stalker who changes my password  every day .  I want to alert  someone so they don"t  think I have lost my mind  .  He has one of those key strokers and I guess he has nothing beter to do with his time . Same thing on Leolist .  This is being going on for a very long time as well as altering my photos and call forwarding my calls to him . 

Leo list says this is a criminal matter and say they will support and help police in any way they can . I'd appreciate opinions on this matter  .

Thanks everyone ,

Katherine 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Katherine of Halifax said:

Thanks everyone . I have a  stalker who changes my password  every day .  I want to alert  someone so they don"t  think I have lost my mind  .  He has one of those key strokers and I guess he has nothing beter to do with his time . Same thing on Leolist .  This is being going on for a very long time as well as altering my photos and call forwarding my calls to him . 

Leo list says this is a criminal matter and say they will support and help police in any way they can . I'd appreciate opinions on this matter  .

Thanks everyone ,

Katherine 

Tried that service?

Cyberscan - Government of Nova Scotia, Canada

10 hours ago, Katherine of Halifax said:

Thanks everyone ,

Katherine 

Edited by Berlin Moss

11 hours ago, Katherine of Halifax said:

Thanks everyone ,

Katherine 

I see two options:

The first, Identify him, file for a restraining order and escalate the charges if he doesn't stop.

The second, shut down affected accounts and stick with regulars for the time being. Not as effective, but can give you some time to find better options.

15 hours ago, clearbluesky15 said:

In addition to government help, there are some self-help options as well..

1) It could be a hardware key-logger. There are a lot of 'adapter' like things that can send over wifi... example product: https://hak5.org/products/key-croc ... if you think the individual may have had some access to your hardware. 

2) Software: Maybe its good timing to re-install your computer's operating system, or get that new phone you've been looking at.

I'd suggest considering replacement of any usb adapters, especially those that connect your keyboard.

Thank you very much . I will look . This  is a brand new computer so  no he has not touched it .  Yes its time for a new phone for sure . I'm going  to try a factory reset first and see what that does . 

He is one of those wizzards so hard to beat him . Is there  anyting I can buy to keep him out?   This is all so infantile . The other day I found  an app on my phome for the TY in my room . I can  only imagine what that granted him . 

He  also  had a special series on  U tube.  My X _ ife can't cook.  Worse stuff but  I'll my butt kicked off here if i say any more ,. 🙂

Always 

Katherine 

xo

Fonts

On 4/13/2022 at 12:52 AM, VanessaRivera said:

I don't understand how I haven't gotten a response and it's not clear on where to get one on this board. 

If you look up to the top Greenteal has posted some adminstraters names. I contacted 2 and still  have not heard back . If your problem is not terribly  personal you could post it in  discussion .  I alwasys  get good advice and diffeerent views. I have been here since 2009 and a lot has changed . I hope you get the answers you need .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Katherine of Halifax said:

If you look up to the top Greenteal has posted some adminstraters names. I contacted 2 and still  have not heard back . If your problem is not terribly  personal you could post it in  discussion .  I alwasys  get good advice and diffeerent views. I have been here since 2009 and a lot has changed . I hope you get the answers you need .

Here the latest list of current admins(from 10 to 9):

@Kian Lyla @Grace Lyla @Julie Lyla @Amelia Lyla @Lauren Lyla@Trevor Lyla @Yasmine Lyla @Kayleigh Lyla @Francesca Lyla

On 4/14/2022 at 6:26 PM, Greenteal said:

Can any one of you please respond to the numerous messages sent by myself in the last week specifically? 
I haven’t connected with any form of admin since Lydia leaving & I’ve been patient — but the last week I’ve been sending matters of urgency with zero concern from the admin end based off the lack of response (literally no response 🥴)

Edited by East Coast Kimmy
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I have wrote 2 of the mods you suggested on May 14th and NO response. This is very concerning to me. I guess I have to write all 10 of them in hopes of a response. 

From what I can see, 8 are left:

@Kian Lyla @Grace Lyla @Julie Lyla @Amelia Lyla @Lauren Lyla@Trevor Lyla  @Kayleigh Lyla @Francesca Lyla

As for this topic, I would suggest providers to create a discussion on the matter on your side of the board. I'm not shifting responsibility, but was told more than once how this board was more about providers than hobbyists. If not satisfied about the current state of this website, the moderation and direction, this should be voiced to the group/entity who manage it.

If current administrators don't represent or work for you, maybe time to find some who will.

I don't like posting this type of rant. But due to the nature of the incident, I simply can't ignore this.

This happened early this morning. To avoid spreading damaging information, I waited until resolved/deleted before commenting.

There was a warning thread about a certain provider. According to most posts, she was quirky and potentially had personal problems, but not dangerous. The thread itself was useless as another one described similar traits.

But early this morning, someone posted clear instructions to a website containing detailed personal information. The worst part is the fact a moderator approved that post!

Obviously this was a mistake. A big one!  I reported the post and thread 3 times and it took nearly 8 hours before it was finally deleted.

This is completely UNACCEPTABLE!

Doesn't matter if someone is a member or not, recommended or not, there no reasons for this to happen!

LADIES!!! This is the type of discussion you need to address on your side of the board as my voice is clearly not loud enough.

@Kian Lyla @Grace Lyla @Julie Lyla @Amelia Lyla @Lauren Lyla@Trevor Lyla  @Kayleigh Lyla @Francesca Lyla

Edited by Guest