Farewell from Lydia

Guest lydiahardwood

Hey everyone,

Today I bring you some sad news. After two years of working with Lyla, it is time for me to move on. 

Working with this community has been a highlight of my career so far. The industry and people who work within it has been something I’ve been passionate about for a very long time, and getting the chance to know you, build relationships with you and (hopefully) help you in some way has been an opportunity I will forever be grateful for.

I want to thank each of you for supporting me, challenging me, teaching me and helping me become a more empathetic and better ally to the sex work community. The lessons you’ve helped me learn won’t just stay with me forever; I will do what I can to pass them on to others around me.

Although I am moving on from Lyla, the values that this board upholds remain important to me. Sex workers deserve to be respected, they deserve to have their voices amplified, they deserve to be listened to. Not just by clients and those that run websites profiting from their labour, but by governments, authorities and every day people. It’s with genuine allyship from others that we can change things for the better, not just for Companions in Canada, but for those around the world who may not have the privileges that we do currently.

Lyla won’t be going anywhere, and neither will the team of Moderators. You can find a list of them here and reach out to them at any time. Please remember though, the easiest way to get a response is by using the report feature. 

As for me? I’ll be making use of the free time by traveling the world and continuing to advocate for sex positivity (I am currently studying a sex education course, which I hope will enable me to teach more inclusive sex ed to people in countries that don’t have easy access to it). 

My last day moderating this board will be Friday 18th Feb. Until then, my DMs are open.

I will miss you dearly and wish nothing but happiness and success for each of you.

All of my love,

Lydia Hardwood 

You made such a positive impact here!  I’m sorry that you’re leaving but wish you the best of luck.  After all of the challenges working on this board (and your love of world travel] you’d be ideally suited to work at the United Nations.  Take care xo

• Like 7

Much as it is a huge loss to us that you are moving on I am super excited for your next chapter! It sounds so wonderful and you are an inspiration! You have been such a positive influence here on Lyla and I know the lives you touch next will be better for it too. Wishing you every happiness, success,equity and triumph! 

thank you for making Lyla a place I actually like to use and a safer spot for us all ❤️❤️ Check in once in a while to say hi maybe!? 

big love for all your endeavours ❤️❤️🥂🍾

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

It's mixed news. It's sad news 😥 for Lyla, both companions and clients alike. You brought a bright and positive face to Lyla, one that will be missed

It must also be good news (for you), getting to travel the world and move on to a new chapter in your life. But your presence both here and on Twitter will be missed.

Thank You Again For The Efforts And Impact You Made Here And On Twitter Too. Your Presence Here Will Be Missed And A Definite Loss.

Best Wishes, Good Luck And A Long Distance Hug

A Tearful Rambling 

RG

• Like 3

Both sorry to hear you are leaving, and happy for you and your new opportunities. Thank you for your kindness and for your dedication to the site and all of its members.

All of the best to you. 

Mikey

And Happy Valentines Day! ♥️

• Like 2

It's sad news to hear you are leaving, but I'm sure an exciting time for you as you begin a new adventure in your life! Take care , stay safe and Happy Valentines day to you!

YOU WILL BE MISSED! ❤

Edited by Scooterman
  • Like 3

I wish you all the best on your new journey! You have certainly been a valued presence, great to communicate with. Thank you for all you have done! You will be missed!

• Like 3

This is sad news for sure but I support you in anything and everything you choose to do and wish you the best in your next chapter in the book we call life. You have been a great support and I truly appreciate you and all you have done for myself, the community and here on Lyla. You will most certainly be missed but never forgotten!

All my love and support,

Lexy Grace🤗🤗

• Like 4

Lyla would not be the same as it's now without you daughter.  Thank you and best of luck for your future.

Mom is always here virtually just in case if you need any advice and support.

happy Valentine dear 

• Like 3

Guest lydiahardwood

Thank you so much everyone. It's emotional to be reading these goodbyes - you will really be missed ❤️ 

Lydia 💓 🪵 😉

Congratulations on a successful chapter in your life!

This community can never thank you enough for sharing your energy and presence with us. Your warm compassion, gentle humor and your powerful light RADIATES though the keyboard!!!

Ive been here long enough to be able to say without a doubt that your presense will be missed. Thank you, thank you for making Lyla a better place to be 💯

I hope for you Lydia, that the world is always as good to you as you have been to all of us here ❤

Edited by Sugar Kayne
  • Like 3

I am devastated we are losing you Lydia but I am happy that you are doing what's right for you. There's no way to replace you but if your successor has even half of your dedication, love and compassion, I think I speak for us all when I say, we will count ourselves lucky. 

Wow I'm extremely sad. Don't be a stranger. Contact me any time. Whether you do or don't I'll always keep you in my heart. Seriously. I will miss you!

With all my love,

Jessy

xoxo xxx

Edited by JessyCeleste
  • Like 3

Really sorry to see you go, Lydia... you've done a huge amount for this board and community while you've been here! Happy travels, and good luck with whatever the future holds for you

• Like 3

oh no!!!!! This is so sad for us. I mean good for you on your plans of travel, but it really sucks for us. LOL

I wish you all the best sweetie. 

• Like 2

I'm so sad that you're leaving! 😢

But also excited for you to move on to bigger adventures! ♥️

You deserve it! 

• Like 3

This is bittersweet, I'm sorry to see you go but so thankful for what you've done for this community, and excited for the adventures and opportunities that lie ahead of you. 🙂Best of luck Lydia ❤

• Like 2