The Plaza preparing to reopen soon!

Today I heard from a former dancer that the Plaza is planning on reopening again soon. I don't know any details about who's got the license, who's going to be managing it or what name it will be reopening under. Should be interesting!!!

• Haha 1

That`s interesting.  Would be nice if someone can turn the place into a classy joint.  I drove by there today, and see that it`s still up for sale.  Heard the asking price is over $1M+!  For that sh*t hole!?  No doubt will end up like other down town properties, and just end up becoming yet another high rise condo....

On 4/19/2022 at 5:59 PM, stbus83 said:

That`s interesting.  Would be nice if someone can turn the place into a classy joint.  I drove by there today, and see that it`s still up for sale.  Heard the asking price is over $1M+!  For that sh*t hole!?  No doubt will end up like other down town properties, and just end up becoming yet another high rise condo....

The Plaza Hotel property is designated a heritage site so re-development options are extremely limited for any potential buyer. As well, any potential leaseholder of the bar would be taking a serious financial risk by spending any money to upgrade the aesthetics and ambiance to make it a classy joint. It is what it is and always has been; a local dive bar strip joint. You've got some traveling to do if you're seeking a classy strip club.

I remember when this city had 3 strip clubs, back in the 80`s. There was the Plaza, The Commandor Hotel on Princess, (total dive...), and of course, the Manor, which, sadly,  we lost in 1988.  I  sooo miss the Lakeview Manor!  THAT was one classy joint!  

Also the old Bus station on Division had one 

Bath rd by Days rd had one and Lucy’s upstairs at the Manor. Even Napanee had the Blue light lounge late 90’s

I remember the place on Division st, (forget the name of it), and the one at Bath & Days, both of which didn`t last long, thanks in large part by all the self righteous do-gooder neighbors who can`t mind their own f** business!!  

• Thanks 1