I don't know about anyone else, but I miss the community that had grown here over a year long period. 

There was a lot of engagement, a lot of fun, and a lot of sharing of useful information. 

Of course, as always, there was also a fair amount of BS, which forced me to take a little break for awhile, but once I came back, Lydia left, things seem to be unmoderated for the most part, and generally it seems only newbies are posting the same old "anyone see her?" Posts over and over again.

It makes me somewhat sad.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Yeah I do too. I just don’t feel able to discuss things in the same context before without rubbing one person or another the wrong way. So I don’t!

I think that’s not an uncommon feel here at the movement. 

Hopefully we can all find a way to reset and be more patient with each other. Take the bitching to the inboxes and cut each other some slack. I think we all miss old lyla. 
And  Lydia…this place is not the same without her. She was the 💗 and a force. Big loss for all of us and the site in general. 

• Like 6

Lydia definitely gave this place life and it's sad she didn't have a replacement in place to take over (even if it was a different person under the same name). 

I do hope we can bring it back. As things shift in the world around us (new bills and laws being passed) I think it may be a little bit before we bring new life here. 

I've been a little crazy with touring so my marketing/advertising has been lacking. Giving myself a kick in the butt to get back on track. I will hopefully be around a bit more. 

• Like 6

In the 14 or so years I have been here, the site has ebbed and flowed a lot. It has gone through periods of high activity and participation, but also through times when there were just a few of the core participants around. The good news is it always comes back around. We just all have to do our part to be respectful of each other and keep the BS to a minimum and it will happen.

The one thing that has been consistent here though since I have been here (and likely far longer) is people longing for the 'good ol days' when the site was "better". Make it what you want it to be now. 

image.jpeg.b8833531ef4d7928b18e853ddf2d7a93.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The past years been plagued with events with direct impacts on the adult industry. C36, COVID, the current inflation/oil crisis and the eventual global recession that will follow. With uncertainty and less disposable income, we see less members posting useful feedback.

As for the LYLA community, things went downhill 2 years ago(July 2020) with admins dropping moderation without warning. I don't want to speculate too much, but it looks clear how new members and website traffic are prioritized over actual content. I understand sponsors want visibility, but we also need a balance in term of useful information.

Not only a majority of new members can't understand the difference between legit and fake ads, but also don't understand current laws. I understand how confusing it can be, but much is easily answered on search engines.

Until a return to normality and a visible economic recovery, I doubt we'll see a return of "the good old days".

On 5/11/2022 at 8:34 PM, Greenteal said:

Until a return to normality and a visible economic recovery, I doubt we'll see a return of "the good old days".

TBH, I think we'd need a return to a general feeling within the industry that boards have their benefits, and that posts longer than a tweet are worth reading. I have no idea how to achieve that, though; a great many providers seem to be of the opinion that all boards are cesspits and the people that hang out there are no better. I'm not sure whether that's from direct experience of such boards, or just hearing it second (or third, or fourth) hand from other people. And I'm also not sure how you'd overcome such hostility in order to rebuild the community.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Phaedrus said:

TBH, I think we'd need a return to a general feeling within the industry that boards have their benefits, and that posts longer than a tweet are worth reading. I have no idea how to achieve that, though; a great many providers seem to be of the opinion that all boards are cesspits and the people that hang out there are no better. I'm not sure whether that's from direct experience of such boards, or just hearing it second (or third, or fourth) hand from other people. And I'm also not sure how you'd overcome such hostility in order to rebuild the community.

The greater question is how long those forums will be allowed to exist. Some advertising and discussion platforms tumbled and completely disappeared after direct or indirect involvement in major news stories. Even if this board attempts to stay clean, it only need one person or connection to a tragic event, to propel it under a far more critical public eye. What happens next is anyone's guess, but change is unavoidable.

For the time being, we should be grateful we can still openly express ourselves, help those in need and educate members and guests.

To be honest, I think the industry needs to once again feel that posts longer than a tweet are worthwhile reading and that boards have their advantages. I'm not sure how to do that, though; a lot of providers seem to think that all message boards are cesspools and that the individuals that frequent them are no better. I'm not sure if that comes from first-hand knowledge of such boards or from hearing it from others after hearing it a second (or third, or fourth) time. And I'm not sure how you'd get over such animosity to rehabilitate the neighborhood.

To be honest, I think the industry needs to once again feel that posts longer than a tweet are worthwhile reading and that boards have their advantages. I'm not sure how to do that, though; a lot of providers seem to think that all message boards are cesspools and that the individuals that frequent them are no better. I'm not sure if that comes from first-hand knowledge of such boards or from hearing it from others after hearing it a second (or third, or fourth) time. And I'm not sure how you'd get over such animosity to rehabilitate the neighborhood.

Edited by [email protected]

9 hours ago, [email protected] said:

To be honest, I think the industry needs to once again feel that posts longer than a tweet are worthwhile reading and that boards have their advantages. I'm not sure how to do that, though; a lot of providers seem to think that all message boards are cesspools and that the individuals that frequent them are no better. 

Any feedback related posts should be simple confirmations of a provider's legitimacy and safety. Or identify serious safety or fraud related concerns.

What's frowned upon, are heavily detailed criticism or graphic intimate details, including personal information and locations. Other than relatively accurate marketing material and online references from reliable sources, the rest shouldn't need to be publicly shared.

On 5/17/2022 at 3:12 PM, Guest said:

The greater question is how long those forums will be allowed to exist. Some advertising and discussion platforms tumbled and completely disappeared after direct or indirect involvement in major news stories. Even if this board attempts to stay clean, it only need one person or connection to a tragic event, to propel it under a far more critical public eye. What happens next is anyone's guess, but change is unavoidable.

For the time being, we should be grateful we can still openly express ourselves, help those in need and educate members and guests.

To be honest, I believe we'd need to revert to an industry-wide belief that boards have their advantages and that posts longer than a tweet are worth reading. But I'm not sure how to do that; many providers appear to believe that all boards are cesspits, and the individuals who hang out on them are no better. I'm not sure if that's from personal experience with such boards or from hearing it second (or third, or fourth)hand from others. And I'm not sure how you'd overcome such antagonism to recreate the community.

On 5/17/2022 at 3:12 PM, Guest said:

How long those forums will be permitted to exist is the more important question.
Some debate and advertising platforms crashed and vanished entirely as a result of being directly or indirectly involved in significant news stories. Even if this board makes an effort to maintain its integrity, all it takes is one person or connection to a catastrophic occurrence to bring it to the attention of a much more critical audience. Nobody knows what will happen next, but change is inevitable. We should be thankful that we may still freely express ourselves, assist those in need, and instruct members and visitors for the time being.

Edited by emssuithub

Yet again I think the business needs to feel that posts longer than a tweet are beneficial to peruse and that sheets enjoy their benefits. I don't know how to do that, however; a great deal of suppliers generally like to assume that all message sheets are cesspools and that the people that successive them are no more excellent. I don't know whether that comes from direct information on such loads up or from hearing it from others subsequent to hearing it a second (or third, or fourth) time. What's more, I don't know how you'd move past such enmity to restore the area.

I truly do trust we can bring it back. As things shift in our general surroundings (new bills and regulations being passed) I figure it could be a smidgen before we bring new life here.

I've been somewhat insane with visiting so my publicizing has been inadequate. Giving myself a kick in the butt to refocus. I will ideally be around a touch more.