LeoList Deleted Ads meaning

New Thunder Bay ads yesterday on Leolist and negotiated with a "Skylar" via text (587-8923958)  for possible appointment for this evening May 30, but her ad (and others) are gone this morning. Usually old ads remain by date indefinitely. I did not save the ad or photos. Advice?

14 hours ago, clearbluesky15 said:

I'm not sure what "possible" appointment refers to, and would recommend against negotiating. 

When in doubt, suggest moving on to someone else unless you'd already confirmed an appointment time.

Thank you, @clearbluesky15, I did confirm Monday morning, met Skyler Monday evening, and just posted a recommendation. Meanwhile two others I had texted (earlier?) also replied the same day. Learning the proper etiquette is not easy, as inquiries from days and weeks ago had gone unanswered. The exception is @Sugar Kayne who corresponded kindly over the same period and I thank her again, though we have not met.

52 minutes ago, Orpheo12 said:

Thank you, @clearbluesky15, I did confirm Monday morning, met Skyler Monday evening, and just posted a recommendation. Meanwhile two others I had texted (earlier?) also replied the same day. Learning the proper etiquette is not easy, as inquiries from days and weeks ago had gone unanswered. The exception is @Sugar Kayne who corresponded kindly over the same period and I thank her again, though we have not met.

Apparently I violated policy by attempting to post my recommendation... but my content count was at 9 or 10 when I posted it... and I was told I had not yet made 5 posts... how are these counted?

4 hours ago, clearbluesky15 said:

I'm glad you had a great experience ! Yes, that is a bit tricky, more so if you are trying to set up an appointment in the next day or so. One thing recommended in a couple threads if you don't want to yield the day to a response cycle (many SPs have 'regular/civie' jobs) is to set expectations on when you need a response if you are limited on lead-time. In your case, if there was a response after a week or so, I doubt there would be any hard feelings if you politely indicated you'd made other plans. '

Regarding 'content count' ... not sure. I doubt there's any hard feelings. As GT indicated, things are a little more ambiguous since we lost our most active administrator. I suspect a couple more responses to threads and you'll be fine. 

Again, welcome to the board!

Thank you. I appreciate the generosity of many providing substantial replies. I am forgetting the name of the Admin you likely mean (Hardisty?) who had a devoted and appreciative following into 2021. I hope she is ok?

On 5/30/2022 at 9:10 AM, Orpheo12 said:

Usually old ads remain by date indefinitely. I did not save the ad or photos. Advice?

Hey, as a SP/advertiser on Leolist, just wanted to chime in with a possible reason ads might show up as "Deleted" (When you get the "Sorry, this ad is no longer active" message), if that's alright 🙂

On the user interface, Leolist gives us the option to select "hide ad"- so the ad won't be deleted, but it will display the above message as though it were. Sometimes if I am making significant edits to an ad, I will do this til I'm able to finish them.

More commonly, I have heard some providers will hide their ad when they are done working for the day; hiding the ad will stop, or at least slow down, the amount of calls and texts they get once they're done. 

Lastly sometimes it really is deleted- like if a provider is just passing through, they may delete the ad so that after they've left they won't keep getting texts and calls for booking in a location they're no longer in. Or may delete if they're taking some time off, and don't want their phone blowing up. 

Wanted to offer that insight/different perspective on it, to clarify that there are normal/unconcerning reasons ads may be "deleted" sometimes. Hope this helps 🙂

Edited by MissArtois
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, MissArtois said:

Hey, as a SP/advertiser on Leolist, just wanted to chime in with a possible reason ads might show up as "Deleted" (When you get the "Sorry, this ad is no longer active" message), if that's alright 🙂

On the user interface, Leolist gives us the option to select "hide ad"- so the ad won't be deleted, but it will display the above message as though it were. Sometimes if I am making significant edits to an ad, I will do this til I'm able to finish them.

More commonly, I have heard some providers will hide their ad when they are done working for the day; hiding the ad will stop, or at least slow down, the amount of calls and texts they get once they're done. 

Lastly sometimes it really is deleted- like if a provider is just passing through, they may delete the ad so that after they've left they won't keep getting texts and calls for booking in a location they're no longer in. Or may delete if they're taking some time off, and don't want their phone blowing up. 

Wanted to offer that insight/different perspective on it, to clarify that there are normal/unconcerning reasons ads may be "deleted" sometimes. Hope this helps 🙂

Yes, as I have learned. You summarize it very nicely. Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/2/2022 at 1:22 AM, MissArtois said:

This is me. I tour a lot of different locations. Some places are more popular and can bury your ad but some places don’t and you can remain on page 1 for days after you leave. So I always hide my ads after I leave a location. 

Also helps guys know which location is the true location for that weak when the search my ads and only the ad for the location I am at pops up. 

• Like 2

On 5/30/2022 at 9:10 AM, Orpheo12 said:

Usually old ads remain by date indefinitely. I did not save the ad or photos. Advice?

Old, outdated and irrelevant ads will often be deleted by users. LL will also delete ads violating there rules/terms of use or been reported as fraudulent or illegal.

If ad was deleted prematurely, it's likely due to a strong response and no longer needed. Can only suggest moving on.

9 hours ago, 565656 said:

Deleted ads are usually linked with scams 

No matter the platform, ads are not permanent and eventually get deleted.

We can't judge the content based on the period of time it was posted. Mostly in regard to those who travel. If they book their schedule in minutes, there no point in leaving their ad online.

On 6/21/2022 at 8:10 PM, 565656 said:

Deleted ads are usually linked with scams 

Depends on the type of scam...

If it's a bad provider booking someone for an hour then rushing them out the door in 15 min (or in that vein), then yes usually it's a case of: Delete Ad, Change Name+Number, Post Again Scam

But honestly (and rather unfortunately), I can look at page 1 in my home city almost any time of day, and at least half the ads will be using demonstrably stolen pics. (From what I can tell it's similar in most cities)

And those ads stay up because Leolist DGAF about that kind of scam, so long as they keep getting $ running the ads...

Edited by MissArtois
Clarify meaning
  • Thanks 1

On 6/24/2022 at 5:06 PM, MissArtois said:

Depends on the type of scam...

If it's a bad provider booking someone for an hour then rushing them out the door in 15 min (or in that vein), then yes usually it's a case of: Delete Ad, Change Name+Number, Post Again Scam

But honestly (and rather unfortunately), I can look at page 1 in my home city almost any time of day, and at least half the ads will be using demonstrably stolen pics. (From what I can tell it's similar in most cities)

And those ads stay up because Leolist DGAF about that kind of scam, so long as they keep getting $ running the ads...

To be 100% clear my SP told me she did delete her ad because she booked up (after I posted this inquiry, but before our booking), and does so regularly in each city.

AND I totally agree about the percentage of probable fakes on LL. I just posted on that in the "Gift Cards" thread. Thank you for your replies.

• Like 1