Are gift cards ever legit?

Idk if most of the listings in my area lately are scammers or if there is suddenly an influx of legitimate ladies who require part or full payment in gift cards or etransfers. I was under the impression that all listings that require this are scams? Are there legitimate ladies who require this now? Have I missed this becoming the new standard?

There are a handful who come thru often who I've seen and know are legitimate and still go by cash but it seems like the majority of the listings want gift cards or etransfers now and it makes me wonder if something has changed.

To put it simply, it's not about the payment method , it's about who you're dealing with.

Doesn't matter if cash, etransfer, gift cards, crypto or anything else, what ever is convenient for both can be legit.

Just a question of finding someone with an online presence and solid recommendations. If a complete unknown, I would stick to cash or simply ignore.

Best to do your research on the lady you are interested in seeing to make sure she is real and has a good reputation before sending a deposit or gift card

Recos, check her social media networks etc.

Alot of us ask for etransfer to secure our time because we deal with no shows/fake bookings

There are plenty of ladies that don't ask for this if uncomfortable with it 

• Like 3

There are legit providers that require deposits. It makes sense to me when they are dealing with a new person. The onus is on us to find the legit providers. 

• Thanks 1

With the cost of doing business going up, I know of many that are requiring a partial payment upfront to secure time $50-50% of the time booked. We can't risk no shows and last minute cancellations anymore. I go by e-transfer for most of my deposits as it's the easiest for me to refund if I should have to cancel for whatever reason. 

This goes to you doing your research on the provider you want to meet. As Danielle said, check for social media accounts, multiple profiles on ad sites, websites and recommendations. There is reverse image searches to help you check the images and if they come from different places. There is plenty of threads throughout Lyla with tips and how to's to help you with your research. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I was solicited by two different (fake) SP's in Thunder Bay working the same scam: gift cards required but this is only disclosed once you have taken the bait. Then when arriving at the hotel she requests the codes BEFORE any form of meeting has taken place. STEAM gift cards are preferred. The seller at Walmart knew the scam so well she intercepted me and explained what would happen if I followed through.  If you pay you are probably funding Putin's war, and definitely helping in money laundering.

Both mine were via AdultFriendFinder pretending to be super horny, in to me (!!!) and make no mention of payment at all initially. Both sets of stolen pics (victims of romance scams, no doubt) were very beautiful, young but not SP in presentation (modest nudes with full faces), and way out of my league.

These scammers make it hard for legitimate SP's to be trusted when they request a deposit from a new client. But in my case, the bait and switch motivated me to seek out a verifiable SP for the first time.

Research! Check out recommended SP's on Lyla, and distrust most ads in LL or equiv. My last survey of TB ads suggested 50-80 % are probably fake. For example, multiple ads with identical descriptions, but different pics, or in different places at the same time? Too good to be true offers of anything and everything, usually with no mention of prices, or well below the standard.

But I reason that some legitimate SP's will use the same ad and pics in different places sequentially in different places.

Pics Provided:

1) Fake SP - edited to remove a pussy as sweet as her smile

2) Likely fake, current ad (name not given as she might be legit)

3) Likely real, temp in TB with reputation elsewhere (name not given by lack of permission)

4) Local "Amy" established in TB with recommendations (name given as she is known in Lyla)

5) & 6) Legit SP, "Skyler" - verified by experience, and recommended, but has vanished after Winnipeg

2070126794_Screenshot2022-05-15011244(2).png.273a30af12afab83917aebc6c09c8518.png

Lori Screenshot 2022-07-13 142809.png

Onya-Yvonne Screenshot 2022-07-13 145036.png

Amy TB Screenshot 2022-07-13 144001.png

Screenshot 2022-05-30 234635.png

Screenshot 2022-05-30 234559.png

Edited by Orpheo12
Mostly to remove and replace pic violating nudity terms of Lyla. Thank you @Greenteal for the save!

I think everyone else covered the gist of it but it seems to me like almost all of the providers require some kid of booking fee these days and who could blame them... from what i hear e arent the only ones getting scammed. But gift cards....idk that seems a little sketchy to me. I think an etransfer fee if reasonable amount  is understandable if she or he has good reviews and is verified and has a good reputation but the general gift card aspect sounds pretty scammy. Theres literally no paper trail. I'd avoid that one.

• Like 1