As a client, I am torn between strong moral aversion to all forms of abuses of persons, and human trafficking especially, yet also respect the dignity of those who choose freely to rent out their bodies and provide emotional companionship for persons suffering from sexual addition, or feel themselves distressed by the lack of opportunities to express affection, share emotional intimacy, and enjoy sexual activities.,

Most of my life I have avoided all such service providers, yet I have a fascination including admiration with the challenges of sex workers and a desire to advocate for legalization and workers rights.

I imagine that few if any here at Lyla see themselves as victims of human trafficking, and that prospective clients want it that way, yet it is a simple fact that the level of human trafficking all over the world is rising, and very likely that the rewards of being human traffickers are maximized when those they control pretend not to be. If fact, I consider it very unlikely that in most forums (and even here) that any person actually in that situation will feel free to answer truthfully.

I did submit this as an anonynous poll, but it failed to upload.

I invite informed comments to these questions. Please do not bother with one liners. This post is for those in this community who share my concerns and have thought about it a lot.

For the question responses I ask that Human Trafficking be defined as occasional to constant performance of sexual services as a result of coercion by another person where the SP (you) did NOT feel free or safe to do otherwise: kidnapping; imprisoned; assaulted; extorted; denied basic human needs or forced into an addiction, with the result that the worker is forced to share most of their earnings with someone who controls them.

[Many workers in capitalism may feel this is true of them as slaves to the almighty dollar; but for most the risks and potential stigma are much lower!]

Using a scale of 1-5 for very little to very much, please expand on your insights in your answer to each relevant question:

1) In your opinion as a SP or equivalent, how common is human trafficking that you have observed in the industry, and are you free to answer honestly?

2) If you are free to answer honestly, and if saying so will not traumatize you, as a SP or equivalent how often have you personally experienced such coercion?

3) As a client, how unimportant (1) to very important (5) is it that your SP is not being trafficked, and you do or do not make special efforts to find SPs you BELIEVE are not victims?

4) As an SP or equivalent, how important is it for your clients to believe this? How often do they ask? How common are clients who actually prefer workers who are under genuine coercion? {Not slave/rape fantasies]

Edited by Orpheo12
typos, clarity

34 minutes ago, Orpheo12 said:

3) As a client, how unimportant (1) to very important (5) is it that your SP is not being trafficked, and you do or do not make special efforts to find SPs you BELIEVE are not victims?

Providers with their own websites, social media presence and consistent marketing are far more likely to be independents.

By supporting those providers, you not only avoid the financing of illegal activities, but also considerably reduce chances of getting caught and arrested.

Whatever time it takes, it's worth the time to know who you're dealing with.

On 7/19/2022 at 5:45 PM, Orpheo12 said:

As a client, I am torn between strong moral aversion to all forms of abuses of persons, and human trafficking especially, yet also respect the dignity of those who choose freely to rent out their bodies and provide emotional companionship for persons suffering from sexual addition, or feel themselves distressed by the lack of opportunities to express affection, share emotional intimacy, and enjoy sexual activities.,

Most of my life I have avoided all such service providers, yet I have a fascination including admiration with the challenges of sex workers and a desire to advocate for legalization and workers rights.

I imagine that few if any here at Lyla see themselves as victims of human trafficking, and that prospective clients want it that way, yet it is a simple fact that the level of human trafficking all over the world is rising, and very likely that the rewards of being human traffickers are maximized when those they control pretend not to be. If fact, I consider it very unlikely that in most forums (and even here) that any person actually in that situation will feel free to answer truthfully.

I did submit this as an anonynous poll, but it failed to upload.

I invite informed comments to these questions. Please do not bother with one liners. This post is for those in this community who share my concerns and have thought about it a lot.

For the question responses I ask that Human Trafficking be defined as occasional to constant performance of sexual services as a result of coercion by another person where the SP (you) did NOT feel free or safe to do otherwise: kidnapping; imprisoned; assaulted; extorted; denied basic human needs or forced into an addiction, with the result that the worker is forced to share most of their earnings with someone who controls them.

[Many workers in capitalism may feel this is true of them as slaves to the almighty dollar; but for most the risks and potential stigma are much lower!]

Using a scale of 1-5 for very little to very much, please expand on your insights in your answer to each relevant question:

1) In your opinion as a SP or equivalent, how common is human trafficking that you have observed in the industry, and are you free to answer honestly?

2) If you are free to answer honestly, and if saying so will not traumatize you, as a SP or equivalent how often have you personally experienced such coercion?

4) As an SP or equivalent, how important is it for your clients to believe this? How often do they ask? How common are clients who actually prefer workers who are under genuine coercion? {Not slave/rape fantasies]

this is a very important topic to talk about! I’m going to attempt to answer the questions as informative as possible. I want to start by saying I have never personally been trafficked but I have witnessed such happen to some of my best friends, and girls I know simply through social media. 

1) I personally have grew up around human trafficking and have witnessed close friends (very young girls at the time, as was I) get the impression that these procurers are, or will be their boyfriends and truly care about them and their well-being,  despite my best efforts to stop it. one close friend I remember in particular… (age 16 and I was 14) her and I started to hangout with a group of 4 men (ages 24-28) I have not a clue or memory of how we first encountered them. my friend began talking to one of the men from this group, she was (so she thought) in love with him. he would buy her hard drugs such as MDMA, cocaine, and alcohol. after about 2 months of hanging out with them my mom was expressing her concerns about these men and was clear she didn’t want me to be near them anymore. I remember her telling me that their intention was to human traffic me and my friend. at this young of an age I knew what human trafficking was, but I didn’t know it could just happen to anyone, and of course I didn’t know the severity of it. so we continued to hangout with them, but as I was getting more distant from them, my friend was getting closer to them. NYE came around, so we decided to go to the procurers house to drink and celebrate with them. a few hours went by and I ended up leaving and going home while she stayed with them. I asked her to come with me numerous times but she refused. after I left we were texting each other then she randomly stopped answering me out of nowhere. I then seen a few days later on her social media that she was in toronto. the procurer took this young 16 year old girl to toronto. I can’t even remember how I found out that she was being trafficked but I remember my heart dropped when I did. the procurer brainwashed her completely… she thought he was her boyfriend when in reality she was his cash cow. she continued to be trafficked for 2 years by this man. he was then put in jail for some time. ever since then this girl has been human trafficked by 3 different men (that I know of) excluding the first one. because she was involved at such a young age I think she’s now extremely traumatized and this is the only life she knows. thank god I got out of that situation when I did. I can proudly say I have never fell for the sweet talk or gestures of these procures. 

2) I have been in numerous situations where I could’ve very easily been trafficked. I’m so very thankful that my mother started to educate me about it when she did. I’m also thankful that I’m smart enough to see red flags and flea the situation when I do. 

4) I have encountered clients who have asked me if I’m independent, but just a simple ‘yes’ and they will believe it. which I understand because there is really no way to know, unless warning signs are present... such as malnourishment, signs of injuries or physical abuse, avoiding eye contact, timidness, responses being scripted or rehearsed, absence of government ID’s. 

other clients don’t ask, or even care for that matter.

while some have secret fantasies about it. I’ve had one client come to see me for the h and all he could talk about was how sexy it is when girls have ‘pimps’ they pay all their hard earned money to. he never mentioned his fetish until we began the session… which made me very uncomfortable. 

Edited by the real bea
  • Thanks 1

I don't want to be too negative. But a large portion(if not the majority) of client either don't care or rather ignore the problem.

Few would allow complete strangers without references or credentials to work on their residence or vehicle. But in regard to adult services, will hire someone from the street(sometimes literally).

Even if not completely sure of someone's work and living conditions, we can see if someone is consistent with their marketing material and appears in control when choosing to do business or not with a client.

Judging by the large number of "any info" threads and scam complaints, it's clear there's a lack of basic understanding of the industry. When the only pertinent pieces of information in an ad are VoIP phone numbers and emails unrelated to the name used, it's best to avoid.

On 2/6/2023 at 7:42 PM, the real bea said:

this is a very important topic to talk about! I’m going to attempt to answer the questions as informative as possible. I want to start by saying I have never personally been trafficked but I have witnessed such happen to some of my best friends, and girls I know simply through social media. 

1) I personally have grew up around human trafficking and have witnessed close friends (very young girls at the time, as was I) get the impression that these procurers are, or will be their boyfriends and truly care about them and their well-being,  despite my best efforts to stop it. one close friend I remember in particular… (age 16 and I was 14) her and I started to hangout with a group of 4 men (ages 24-28) I have not a clue or memory of how we first encountered them. my friend began talking to one of the men from this group, she was (so she thought) in love with him. he would buy her hard drugs such as MDMA, cocaine, and alcohol. after about 2 months of hanging out with them my mom was expressing her concerns about these men and was clear she didn’t want me to be near them anymore. I remember her telling me that their intention was to human traffic me and my friend. at this young of an age I knew what human trafficking was, but I didn’t know it could just happen to anyone, and of course I didn’t know the severity of it. so we continued to hangout with them, but as I was getting more distant from them, my friend was getting closer to them. NYE came around, so we decided to go to the procurers house to drink and celebrate with them. a few hours went by and I ended up leaving and going home while she stayed with them. I asked her to come with me numerous times but she refused. after I left we were texting each other then she randomly stopped answering me out of nowhere. I then seen a few days later on her social media that she was in toronto. the procurer took this young 16 year old girl to toronto. I can’t even remember how I found out that she was being trafficked but I remember my heart dropped when I did. the procurer brainwashed her completely… she thought he was her boyfriend when in reality she was his cash cow. she continued to be trafficked for 2 years by this man. he was then put in jail for some time. ever since then this girl has been human trafficked by 3 different men (that I know of) excluding the first one. because she was involved at such a young age I think she’s now extremely traumatized and this is the only life she knows. thank god I got out of that situation when I did. I can proudly say I have never fell for the sweet talk or gestures of these procures. 

2) I have been in numerous situations where I could’ve very easily been trafficked. I’m so very thankful that my mother started to educate me about it when she did. I’m also thankful that I’m smart enough to see red flags and flea the situation when I do. 

4) I have encountered clients who have asked me if I’m independent, but just a simple ‘yes’ and they will believe it. which I understand because there is really no way to know, unless warning signs are present... such as malnourishment, signs of injuries or physical abuse, avoiding eye contact, timidness, responses being scripted or rehearsed, absence of government ID’s. 

other clients don’t ask, or even care for that matter.

while some have secret fantasies about it. I’ve had one client come to see me for the h and all he could talk about was how sexy it is when girls have ‘pimps’ they pay all their hard earned money to. he never mentioned his fetish until we began the session… which made me very uncomfortable. 

Thank you, @RealBea, this is the kind of response I hope the thread will generate,

• Like 1