"Open minded."

Is this phrase a well established code, or does it all depend on the provider? Asking for a friend 😉

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, minuteman06 said:

It's just marketing wording and means nothing when thinking it may imply any type of service.

That's certainly my impression, but would love to hear from providers if they mean anything by it.

1 hour ago, minuteman06 said:

It's just marketing wording and means nothing when thinking it may imply any type of service.

I agree with this ^^^ 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, MsManda said:

I don't think that its a code that implies any particular kind of service, but should give the impression that the provider may be more open to some things beyond the standard 🙂

I see it as an invitation to ask said provider if you've got something in particular in mind 😈

As long as safety and respect have been considered, and you've done some research into who you're contacting, it's fairly safe to assume that a provider mentioning this in their ads may be more open to discussing those fantasies you've been pondering for some time.. 😛

Thanks for that. It’s what I would have assumed to be the case, although it’s kind of inevitable that it would become more common usage. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Johnboy43 said:

Very well said Tasha..also Party favs..does lead to confusion and nothing good comes out of most of them phrases..

What is party faves? I always assumed it referred to a certain consumable but I see it on so many ads now that I’m not so sure anymore. 

18 hours ago, Daddysgirltasha said:

I use to put “open minded “ in my ad as I offered a variety fetishes ..but I have since taken it out as It seemed to be more mistaken as I would offer unsafe services. It honestly just depends on the girl 😅 I find we all have different meanings to the terms 

I am in the same boat. I used to have it on my ads but took it off as people seem to think it implies unsafe services (that was a not so fun confrontation), not needing consent for activities and that I party or have party favors (aka drugs). I've since taken it off and just added a section on my website for Soft Dom services that I am inclined to offer when asked nicely. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, GolfGuy1 said:

What is party faves? I always assumed it referred to a certain consumable but I see it on so many ads now that I’m not so sure anymore. 

It still means what you think 🤷

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Taigh815 said:

Is this phrase a well established code, or does it all depend on the provider? Asking for a friend 😉

To me "open minded" is just a phrase to get you to message them out of curiosity.

It's never what you think it means. It's just a catch phrase. Nothing more.

• Like 1

Means absolutely nothing , just like GFE  . Honest providers will tell you what their boundaries are . For me being on the same page prior to our date makes for a more enjoyable time. Avoiding those  " I don't allow that "  moments .

• Like 2

On 12/6/2022 at 9:30 AM, boomer01 said:

Means absolutely nothing , just like GFE  . Honest providers will tell you what their boundaries are . For me being on the same page prior to our date makes for a more enjoyable time. Avoiding those  " I don't allow that "  moments .

You can never avoid "those moments". Consent can change at any point in time. 

How can you be on the same page prior to the date without incriminating yourself? Maybe I run things differently, but I want the safety of my clients held at the same level I expect it for myself. Discussing any activities before hand can incriminate you for purchasing activities. Imo, if I allow this discussion I am not doing the best I can to keep my clients safe. They may be safe with me to do it, but what if the next person they message isn't safe or it's an operation? I don't help them in the future by allowing them to discuss these with me.

Best to do research (many of us have multiple profiles on different platforms that have lists for you to look to see what may be available to you), read recommendations and book to see them. You never know until you meet. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

In the context of meeting someone for the first time, I suggest ignoring any promises or catch phrases. Once the ice is broken and feel a desire to expand on the business relationship, this is when you can start inquiring about more specific requests and needs.

1 hour ago, Greenteal said:

In the context of meeting someone for the first time, I suggest ignoring any promises or catch phrases. Once the ice is broken and feel a desire to expand on the business relationship, this is when you can start inquiring about more specific requests and needs.

Concur. That’s the way I play it unless there’s something specific in the ad’ or website, such as referring to kink/fetish, but even then I’d probably want to see the provider in a more conventional setting first.

Edited by Taigh815
Spelling
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Taigh815 said:

Concur. That’s the way I play it unless there’s something specific in the ad’ or website, such as referring to kink/fetish, but even then I probably want to see the provider in a more conventional setting first.

Even if someone advertises or offers something specific, it's better to tone down expectations until you get a better idea of who you're dealing with.

On 12/9/2022 at 8:15 AM, StephanieMystique said:

How can you be on the same page prior to the date without incriminating yourself? Maybe I run things differently, but I want the safety of my clients held at the same level I expect it for myself. Discussing any activities before hand can incriminate you for purchasing activities. Imo, if I allow this discussion I am not doing the best I can to keep my clients safe. They may be safe with me to do it, but what if the next person they message isn't safe or it's an operation? I don't help them in the future by allowing them to discuss these with me.

Best to do research (many of us have multiple profiles on different platforms that have lists for you to look to see what may be available to you), read recommendations and book to see them. You never know until you meet. 

Stephanie, something I've often wondered about, perhaps you could elucidate. Back in the day pretty much all providers added the phrase "payment is for my time only...." or similar. Doesn't seem to happen so much nowadays and doesn't that open up the clients to legal issues? If so, I wonder how often this happens.

• Like 1

Just now, Taigh815 said:

Back in the day pretty much all providers added the phrase "payment is for my time only...." or similar. Doesn't seem to happen so much nowadays and doesn't that open up the clients to legal issues? If so, I wonder how often this happens.

This was likely in the context of reassuring clients after C-36 became law.

As for legal issues, providers are allowed to sell their own sexual services. But for clients, the purchase of those services are illegal. No matter how services are advertised, law enforcement would require communications from clients requesting sexual services in order to press charges. Reasons why better to read between the lines and avoid specifics.

On 12/9/2022 at 8:15 AM, StephanieMystique said:

Yessss! Some days I'm not into certain things and those aren't allowed that day. Other days I'm all for it. So it depends on the provider. Like any other form of business, things may change without notice and that's our prerogative. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Taigh815 said:

Stephanie, something I've often wondered about, perhaps you could elucidate. Back in the day pretty much all providers added the phrase "payment is for my time only...." or similar. Doesn't seem to happen so much nowadays and doesn't that open up the clients to legal issues? If so, I wonder how often this happens.

Both yourself and Greenteal have best approach to seeking new providers. 

I do have that phase on my website and if asked what I provide I state, "You pay for my time. Anything that happens within that time is between you and I as sober consenting adults" 

From my understanding, as long as they can't provide evidence you are paying for XYZ services. What happens between closed doors is between the client and myself. 

My biggest concern as we see changes in legislation against legal people (Gun ban legislations) because it puts a bandaid on the actual problem. They will at some point crack down on the industry and sadly it'll be you and I that get in trouble or things made harder vrs dealing with the actual issue of trafficking. 

Turning this back to being "Open Minded". Having conversations about any activities that isn't face to face could have legal repercussions.  Greenteal said it;

3 hours ago, Greenteal said:

Even if someone advertises or offers something specific, it's better to tone down expectations until you get a better idea of who you're dealing with.

Doing your research if they are established or booking a short appointment if they are new and you've done your research to see that they are real will give you a good idea of what can happen. I've been seeing clients for 4 years and we still are evolving and trying new things that perk our wants and desires. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, StephanieMystique said:

Doing your research if they are established or booking a short appointment if they are new and you've done your research to see that they are real will give you a good idea of what can happen. I've been seeing clients for 4 years and we still are evolving and trying new things that perk our wants and desires. 

Research and existing recommendations only confirm someone's legitimacy. Meeting face to face, a lot can still go wrong:  Miscommunication, lack of attraction and chemistry, intoxication, hostile/unpleasant work environment or any other situations that may cut short or completely cancel a session.

When outside or someone's control, it's easier to forgive. But on a first meeting without warning, it's harder to redeem.

An old timer I first met on an old site many years ago, told me that "Open minded" means she'll have sex with strangers for money.  Nothing more.  LOL! 😉

• Haha 2

I used to actually say that almost anything was possible, back when I was new and naiive lol

But, people will  twist that term to mean all sorts of things, and I quickly learned that the term 'open minded' brought a little less trouble /craziness.. 

If you say anything is possible, people start to think that ANYTHING is possible, and that's dangerous territory as an sp 😞

Being open minded has brought me to a world of different experiences and fetishes though, that I'd have never been able to explore otherwise 😈

Words matter 

Edited by MsManda
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3