Prepaid Cellphone Issues

I’m trying to top up my prepaid Petro-Canada burner phone online, and it keeps coming up with an error message saying the transaction was interrupted since they had trouble connecting to the server. It’s been an ongoing issue for a few days… Has anyone else had this problem?

Also, in light of this I was thinking of switching to Chatr. Can I buy a Chtr sim on Amazon and put it in my old Petro-Canada phone and sign up for prepaid service with them, or do I have to buy a new phone at the store? Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drlove said:

Also, in light of this I was thinking of switching to Chatr. Can I buy a Chtr sim on Amazon and put it in my old Petro-Canada phone and sign up for prepaid service with them, or do I have to buy a new phone at the store? Thanks!

This will depend if your phone is unlocked or not. According the Petro-Can website, all their phones should be.

17 hours ago, Greenteal said:

This will depend if your phone is unlocked or not. According the Petro-Can website, all their phones should be.

I bought the phone in 2015… does that make a difference? Eg. I’m not sure if their phones were unlocked at that time, and I don’t know if this would affect the working of the phone with another carrier, even if their phones are unlocked now.

1 minute ago, drlove said:

I bought the phone in 2015… does that make a difference? Eg. I’m not sure if their phones were unlocked at that time, and I don’t know if this would affect the working of the phone with another carrier, even if their phones are unlocked now.

My phone is a 2014 model with a Nano-Sim card, I doubt you'll have problems with yours. If locked, you can contact Petro Can to get the unlocking code.

Once the new Sim card installed you'll know instantly.