The Unhijackable Thread of Randomness

Every time I go out shopping either for grocery or lumber yard, I always try and find the prettiest cashier that I could have a chance of bringing home for fun.  Weird that I always end up at a self check out !

• Like 1

I cringe hard to anything related to Greta Thunberg. I don't want to blame her directly. But in a relatively near future, her parents will likely need to answer some hard questions.

Now 20, she's far from a normal adult. On top of the long list of mental problems(Asperger, Autism..), she grew up in wealth, never had a real job and cannot in any way relate to real life challenges of people her age.

Even if environmental activism was her idea, the role of her parents should have been to focus on her education and make her experience what making a living actually is.

And obviously this severely impacts a message that feels manufactured and on occasions completely staged. And no matter the publicists and writers behind those, it's still her name and face on the receiving end of the skepticism and criticism. Something nobody her age and situation should be in.

No matter the fate of the world, her future is likely not gonna be great. The novelty of being the teen girl who stood up to world leaders won't last forever. Being diagnosed with "selective mutism"(not making that up), the idea of unscripted TV appearances or debate is out of the question. And once she'll hit her 30's or the money will dry up(whatever happens first), she will likely fall into obscurity.

I won't go as far as saying she's "exploited". But if her parents don't have plans for the future, she will end up like many child stars who failed their transitions to adulthood. 

I agree with GT, she is the daughter of parents that are actors and she is only following their footstep.  Quite honestly I find her to be a huge hypocrite, she travels all around the world in private jets, rents out limousines to ride around and eats high end meats(ok sometimes McDonalds) but in reality these things are deemed bad for the planet.  So you want to prove the world about your ideas then lead by example and canoe or kayak to any destination you want to go, get a pedal bike or get skies or snowshoes to get where you want to go and eat bugs with a side of vegetable to survive.  Than complain to the rest of us all how to do it.

Sorry about this rant....it's been awhile since I've been here and needed to vent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotchJohnson said:

I agree with GT, she is the daughter of parents that are actors and she is only following their footstep.  Quite honestly I find her to be a huge hypocrite, she travels all around the world in private jets, rents out limousines to ride around and eats high end meats(ok sometimes McDonalds) but in reality these things are deemed bad for the planet.  So you want to prove the world about your ideas then lead by example and canoe or kayak to any destination you want to go, get a pedal bike or get skies or snowshoes to get where you want to go and eat bugs with a side of vegetable to survive.  Than complain to the rest of us all how to do it.

Sorry about this rant....it's been awhile since I've been here and needed to vent.

Again, I'm not criticizing her directly. I get what she/they were trying to do in 2018/19, but this should have been a "one-off" thing. Continuously milking this, only raises more questions and exposes her vulnerability. A 16yo girl should not be the subject of tweets from men responsible for assaults and murders.

She could have been a symbol of hope, but her parents made her a meme.