That's what I have heard as well.  I have no first hand knowledge but the rumor is that a couple of the girls went to the cops and filed a complaint.  Not sure what the reason for this may have been.  Not sure why the cops would shut them down since selling sex is not illegal.  Maybe an licensing issue.  It should be interesting to see if any of the girls resurface either on their own or at another MP.  Or maybe even under another name.

Yup they’re done - at least the most recent setup is. Perhaps they’ll resurface under another reincarnation. Demand for their services is definitely there. 
Some very hot girls have come out of that group!

I am assuming the sex trafficking on the news tonight is Honey Pot. If they were not paying the full amounts to the girls

that would explain why some of the girls went to Police. I think I will lay low for a while 

Be careful out there boys.

On 2/14/2023 at 3:10 PM, livenudecats said:

“  Not sure what the reason for this may have been.  Not sure why the cops would shut them down since selling sex is not illegal.  Maybe a licensing issue.  “

I believe profiting off sex workers “pimping” is illegal.  If they found menu’s of sex services then that would be some proof the person charged new and instructed the girls to perform sexual services for money 

I haven’t read the legislation but I believe agencies have to be very careful that they are not arranging sexual services. 
just meetings or massages etc 

this was actually what some sex workers were legally challenging. That the current laws allowed them to do their job but the law didn’t allow creation of a safe place or job atmosphere

Because that could be conferred as pimping

but I am no lawyer

• Like 1

Wasn't it just a little while ago that a guy got charged for organizing this operation. I'm surprised she didn't run it differently as to not suffer the same fate. 

56 minutes ago, Wpgboi2018 said:

So selling sex is not illegal but paying for it is illegal ?

Yes, exactly 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, fresh said:

I believe profiting off sex workers “pimping” is illegal.  If they found menu’s of sex services then that would be some proof the person charged new and instructed the girls to perform sexual services for money 

I haven’t read the legislation but I believe agencies have to be very careful that they are not arranging sexual services. 
just meetings or massages etc 

this was actually what some sex workers were legally challenging. That the current laws allowed them to do their job but the law didn’t allow creation of a safe place or job atmosphere

Because that could be conferred as pimping

but I am no lawyer

Yes the "profiting off of" or "living off of the avails of" are probably quite relevant to this.

I noticed that The Studio has gone underground in a way as well.  They no longer advertise as The Studio.  Each provider has their own ad as if an independent.  New clients have to provide certain information including the services they are requesting before being allowed to book or having the address revealed to them.  Also new customers can no longer walk in.  Only repeat clients.  Probably all in an effort to weed out LE.  If the client is the one to request a certain sexual service and it turns out they are LE that is automatically entrapment.  Once again WPS is wasting resources bothering honest hard working ladies who are just trying to pay the rent while real crime is out of control.  Interesting times we live in.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wpgboi2018 said:

So selling sex is not illegal but paying for it is illegal ?

I created a thread about the current law. While not a legal professional, I posted references.

Current Prostitution Laws in Plain English - Lyla

The short version is: Providers are allowed to sell their own services. Can also share administrative and logistic ressources as long not financed from the profit of sexual services.

Clients can pay for services (therapeutic or companionship) if not of sexual nature. Reasons to remain private and vague about requested services.

Edited by Guest

On 2/23/2023 at 11:12 AM, Piranha said:

Wasn't it just a little while ago that a guy got charged for organizing this operation. I'm surprised she didn't run it differently as to not suffer the same fate. 

You got it Park Pontiac!

Here was the press release from last June:

https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/probe-into-winnipeg-human-trafficking-ring-nets-three-year-sentence-wps-1.5961885

So around the time the group started to fracture back in 2020, with some of the girls starting up another shop, the CEU had a couple of the girls come forward to assist with the investigation.  They shut down the operation back in 2021 and charged the man running it with the procurement, advertising, material benefit and assault, but only got the guilty plea on the material benefit.  So it looks like once they got done with this guy last June, they booted up their investigation again in July on this lady they've charged now with running the group.

You absolutely know that WPS was trolling the first guy running it.  Since he looks like he was into Poker, they named the investigation "Project Bluff"!

Edited by PlanJora

I was following Emma from the group on IG.  She was using that as a means for contacting her and booking appointments.  Recently her IG account is gone.  The saga continues.

1 hour ago, constantknowing said:

What about the clients that procured the massage services under the expectation that everything was consensual?

Massages services are not illegal. What consenting adults do in private is their own business.

6 hours ago, livenudecats said:

I was following Emma from the group on IG.  She was using that as a means for contacting her and booking appointments.  Recently her IG account is gone.  The saga continues.

Here was the WPS news release from the bust earlier this month:

https://www.winnipeg.ca/news/2023-02-22-sexual-procurement-arrest-c23-19849

Edited by PlanJora

54 minutes ago, AIfuzhou said:

What's the reason for her to get arrested?

If I am not mistaken, she is basically a “pimp” under the current laws.

Police will tell you that they can’t do anything about the property crime in winnipeg

there is a a car window smashed probably ever five minutes

police too busy with more serious crime they say

your house gets broken into

They’ll get there when they get there

but if you turn right on a red light the wrong time of day when there’s no traffic for miles a cop will appear out of thin air to give you a ticket

if your cars license plate is too dirty for their scanner they will pull you over and make you clean it off. 
if your getting stabbed while waiting in a bus shelter.  
map sorry

they are two busy taking down this “massage business”. Which by all accounts I have heard was completely consensual and any girl in it could leave at any time. 
prioritizing their resources is not our police services strong suit. 
likely this will suck up the courts time and likely will have no conviction 

No doubt, on the surface, this was a good operation for the past couple of years.  There was always alot of conversation and high praise around the girls working for them.  Hell, look at all of the Honeypot threads on both boards since they got shut down!  

But there was something they weren't doing right by some of the girls, that caused them to cooperate with the CEU.  Could have been taking too much money off of their revenue, or not providing the appropriate security.  Whatever it was, they were able to give CEU the linkages they needed to make the arrests.  

This second time around, was just a slam dunk for the CEU.  They basically went back to the same operating model within a couple of months of the first arrest.   Investigation was probably as close to "Copy and Paste" as you could get!

Edited by PlanJora

On 2/23/2023 at 6:09 PM, livenudecats said:

Yes the "profiting off of" or "living off of the avails of" are probably quite relevant to this.

I noticed that The Studio has gone underground in a way as well.  They no longer advertise as The Studio.  Each provider has their own ad as if an independent.  New clients have to provide certain information including the services they are requesting before being allowed to book or having the address revealed to them.  Also new customers can no longer walk in.  Only repeat clients.  Probably all in an effort to weed out LE.  If the client is the one to request a certain sexual service and it turns out they are LE that is automatically entrapment.  Once again WPS is wasting resources bothering honest hard working ladies who are just trying to pay the rent while real crime is out of control.  Interesting times we live in.  

I commented before about how stupid it was to recommend or patronize these places that have such blatant advertising.  They never once tried to pretend they were legit.  No business sense and no respect for their customer's safety. As far as the WPS wasting resources, could you imagine if Global found out and the police did nothing in the face of all this public evidence?

Well known location? - Check.  Putting shit in writing? - Holy fuck Check.  Rotating staff with different backgrounds and issues? - Check.  Someone supplying a building and taking a cut? - Check.  Everything needed to go down in flames.  The only surprising thing is that it didn't happen sooner.   Might as well have set up a tent in front of city hall offering bj's and validated parking. 

I think the trafficking charge is BS. The boss of one of the two joints, who is also "profiting off of", has had to let go some staff with drug problems.  That means unstable people on the street with nothing to lose. Hell, you only need to check out OM for erratic former workers. It's nice to have one person doing quality control, but that style of operation is ripe for a vindictive ex-employee to turn them in. Besides, it's an easy way to snuff out the competition.

• Thanks 1

It sounds like they got the co-operation of the survivors mainly because the pimp cheated them.  I would bet most of the survivors find a new venue to sell their services.

Moral of the story, take care of your ladies, and they'll take care of you.  Or, they will take care of you.

Survivor, pftttt! LOL!

I'm going to start calling myself a survivor. As a Canadian, I feel cheated by my employer, the government, and this inflation on a daily basis. What term is the media going to use for the Ukranians coming to Manitoba from their war torn country?

On 2/27/2023 at 2:41 PM, Piranha said:

Survivor, pftttt! LOL!

I'm going to start calling myself a survivor. As a Canadian, I feel cheated by my employer, the government, and this inflation on a daily basis. What term is the media going to use for the Ukranians coming to Manitoba from their war torn country?

Ultra survivors 2.0

In the media report it says 6 cell phones were seized. Hope you guys weren’t using your real phone numbers to contact “Emma” to set up appointments.