Smartphone Recommendations

Another vote for Samsung Galaxy S II LTE... two of my friends just got that (both, incidentally, switched and sold their iPhone4's) and OMG that thing is huge! (that's what she said! :icon_smile:)

No but seriously, big screen, fast and smooth browsing, and surprisingly light (one of my friends' complaints against IP4 was that it was a bit on the heavy side to be just put into a pocket, etc). Just a beautiful phone from top to bottom.

I currently have the previous gen Google phone (Samsung Nexus S) and my phone looked and acted like a dinosaur next to the GS2 :icon_cry:

Personally my next phone would be whatever the latest version of Google phone is available (previous user of Nokia -> Blackberry -> iPhone before plunging into Android). Here's my take on things:

- choose Apple if you want the most painless and smooth experience, no headaches, everything just works, accessories, app support

- choose Android if you want to tinker with your phone, customize it to exactly how you want it, don't want to re-jailbreak your phone everytime there's a system update

- choose Blackberry if you're still addicted to BBM or if your friends are still on BBM

- choose Windows Mobile if you don't want any of the above lol

• Like 1

I used BlackBerry for a couple of years through work. Unfortunately, the USB port kept coming loose. The last time it happened I was able to move over to the iPhone and haven't looked back. I have been a Mac user for the past 20 years so it didn't take much for me to make the move.

I used to be a BB fan, but when I saw how other people could actually do things like web browse ( and one particularly frustrating attempt to use a map online), I chucked it out the window. Picked up a Samsung Focus using Windows Mango and love it. Seemless integration with skydrive, hotmail and office 360 (for business nerds like myself) make it awesome. Plus upcoming Windows 8 will bring your desktop direct to your phone (or so they claim at least). Definitely recommend!

I am a BB hard case. Was issued one from work five years ago so it is the only system I really know. Problem is most of the capability was disabled by the IT folks but I love the email conductivity and security around the world.

I recently bought a new BB Bold 9900 ($169 - Rogers) (white) and a tablet (Playbook) discounted by $300 so now I have full capability. The phone has slightly bigger keys and a touch pad screen which is great. The tablet has a 7" screen which I can live with because I can fit it into my jacket breast pocket.

Like others I am hoping the new software release promised by RIM for Feb 12 will make the whole package worth while.

I upgraded from my iPhone 4 to the Samsung Galaxy S2 (S II), which currently runs Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread), but I expect Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwhich) to be available for the phone in the next month or two. I couldn't see myself getting the Nexus which still had a 5MP camera while the S2 had a 8MP camera. I love all the options for browsers and keyboards available on the Android platform that I didn't have on the iPhone.

I currently have an iPhone 4 and although I've been very happy with it and the wealth of apps available, I find that iTunes limits the flexibility of the device. If I were getting a new phone right now, I'd probably go with the Galaxy Nexus S, an Android device using Ice Cream Sandwich. Go to http://www.google.ca/nexus/ for more info. I've heard there is a greater percentage of free apps on the Android store than Apples store.

Additional Comments:

Another vote for Samsung Galaxy S II LTE... two of my friends just got that (both, incidentally, switched and sold their iPhone4's) and OMG that thing is huge! (that's what she said! :icon_smile:)

I know what you mean! :) Finally I've got a woman telling me how huge my thing is! :grin: :grin: :grin: