I've used those machines several times in Montreal and they are great. The fee is not a fixed one though.

I can't remember the exact amount they take on the dollar but it's well worth it.

And yes you are correct RG... It's surprising how fast coins add up to major dollars!

If I remember right they take about 8-ish% which is still pretty good if you have over 100$ worth of change.

Guest ****ven

Personally I prefer larger bills, easier to count, plus I'm less likely to spend it if I have to think about breaking a larger amount!

:)

Maybe the outcalls, the guys are scrambling around trying to come up with the fee. And suddenly, short bills, we scrounge threw out change stash. I collect change, mostly toonies, for my vacations, makes me think that they are less expensive. In reality, it doesn`t matter, but makes me feel better. lol.

PS - Haven`t used it for any SPs, and hopefully never get that desparate.

I don't care either way but i have a systeme if i get paid in 50 and 100 i but them in a savings in the bank if its 20's woo hoo spending money !!! However i have been paid 200 entirely in coin only 25 was rolled but hey i don't care money=money!!

personally, i would like to pay in rolled coins sometimes but i would be too embarassed. unrolled...not a chance. if i were an SP i would worry about 50's and 100's. a lot of phony bills out there.

I always prefer to use interac email money transfers but am surprised at how few SPs use that. It is 100% discretionary and relieves a lot of the pressure when one walks in the door. Much safer in terms of theft with no cash involved. It is the way of the future so I assume more people will use this service as time goes on.

At Fat Bastards , we take empties. We prefer beer cases cuz they are easier to carry. We will also take Canadian tire money, meal vouchers and loose change. I don't believe anyone has seen a red bill or a brown bill, ever.

FatBastard.jpg

We're waiting for you

fat_bastard.jpg