highlights of the day

The highlight of the day for me is the amazing time spent here at home with family doing simple things like opening presents chatting listening to music and of course over eating.

Christmas Day for me has always been a bit of a day of calm... the rush and fuss is over and you just are finally here in the day with people I love. Today was even extra special because we had a very large group of family spend the day with us at our home... you might ask how many...well the turkey was 30+ pounds and by the time the day is over we will just have scraps for sandwiches.

Today was also special because people who I care about but who I could not share the day with have texted, called, BBMed as well as tweeted and private messaged me today. This group has included some wonderful ladies from LYLA who unbelievably to me remembered me on what I am sure is a busy day with their loved ones... it truly is amazing the connections we make in our lives and the impacts we have on each other.

This day is also special for me because throughout the whole day while surrounded by people who I care deeply about I am even more aware of who is not here with me physically but who is always in my heart and my thoughts... strange thing about grief the things that can bring us the greatest joy and happiness also tend to come with the greatest sting of pain and loss... but we move on comforted by our memories.

It was a very Merry Christmas Day

Just my Opinion

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Back home after two days...two LONG days away with family over Christmas

Now sitting back in my recliner enjoying a French Roast and surfing CERB with a cat happily purring beside me

RG

• Like 1

My mother's poetry arrived!

Item number something-or-other on the list of items that are to pass to me from my parent's estate is "Mom's Poetry". Her genealogy papers go to a sister-in-law. The poetry to me.

Since August, I've been making inquiries and no one seemed to know anything. One of my brothers is fundamentally upset when anything from the family leaves the country i.e goes to Canada. Me suspicion was that he and the aforementioned sister-in-law were hiding them.

Lo and behold, said brother sent me a text out of the blue saying the files had been found and were on their way.

Now two cartons of files are sitting there staring at me. They cover a long period including the last notebook she worked with right at the end. It is very moving to read her poetic observations as she commented during her increasingly shorter, more widely spaced periods of lucidity.

There is much comfort in hearing her voice again.

That's my highlight for the day. And for many days to come.

• Like 3

..... and if yesterdays news wasn't enough, my other daughter called at supper time to let me know that her guy just proposed to her...

What a fantastic way to start 2015!

• Like 7

Lowering the tone here :), taking the day off and watching every available Natalie Lust video...

tumblr_nblt1jmL3a1r4dhplo1_1280.jpg

• Like 2

Guest D***el B***e

Finally fixed my snowblower.

My son had started to clear the laneway last Sunday, the pathway to the garage and house, but then picked up the extension cord for the christmas lights and wrapped the whole thing around the auger drive. Blew the two shear pins, tore the auger belt out of the pulley and sliced it as it jammed up, and caused the engine drive belt to slip and burn (my son didn't realize he picked up the cord and had both the auger and engine still going until everything came to a screaming halt. lol lol I took me three days to find new belts but finally got the whole thing up and running.

Total cost including parts and labor (mostly MY elbow grease) $39. Wooohooooo!

Weather forecast...going to balmy tropical temperatures on Sunday

Expect a high of -3 (well in my neck of the woods) Up north, around -6

Can almost feel Spring coming LOL

RG :-)

Guest A**aTo**h
Weather forecast...going to balmy tropical temperatures on Sunday

Expect a high of -3 (well in my neck of the woods) Up north, around -6

Can almost feel Spring coming LOL

Get your hopes up and you will sadly be crushed ;)

Managed to get up to 8mins on Insanity Max 30 - I'm going to be hurting tomorrow....

Call me a mushroom .... but Insanity Max 30 ? What kinda drinking game is that Em ?

Also I saw earlier you had a salad for lunch. Don't want ya to fade away so I am out ice fishing to feed ya.... I just had the biggest !!!! and the second biggest !!!! pickeral EVAR get away :( No shit ??!! Then I caught a big master angler pickeral if you were a baby or 1 year old. Looks big. It would fit in a tea cup ! I decided to throw it back.....

I'll bring the pickeral or walley or McDonalds fish sandwich wifey...... You bring the Tar Tar ;)

• Like 3

Call me a mushroom .... but Insanity Max 30 ? What kinda drinking game is that Em ?

Also I saw earlier you had a salad for lunch. Don't want ya to fade away so I am out ice fishing to feed ya.... I just had the biggest !!!! and the second biggest !!!! pickeral EVAR get away :( No shit ??!! Then I caught a big master angler pickeral if you were a baby or 1 year old. Looks big. It would fit in a tea cup ! I decided to throw it back.....

I'll bring the pickeral or walley or McDonalds fish sandwich wifey...... You bring the Tar Tar ;)

I'll stick to riding my bike through Pike's Peak, or occasionally a trip around the Pyramids. Insanity got it's name for a reason LOL I'm sure insanity would kill me

As for your puny pickerel, well Em's seen my big muskie, had to hold it with two hands...btw this isn't code for anything, and not a fish story either

• Like 2

A good days work has been put in on my winter renovation project and I'm settling in to watch the NFL playoff games. It was a beautiful sunny day here in PEI as well.

Get your hopes up and you will sadly be crushed ;)

My hopes weren't crushed, and highlight of the day today, it was a balmy

-2 degrees :-)

Mind you it was grey, overcast and some snow flurries

RG

I swear I am telepathic. I thought about of one of my regular clients earlier today who I haven't seen because of holidays and such and then they called. This happens a lot! Yay! I always likes when they come to see me because they are always happy. Always puts me in a good mood. :)

This was from January 8th, I have been cleared by my physician after my very long time away healing/recovering from surgery that I have been putting off for too long but I'm strong, healthy and doing very well.

I'm oh so ready to make 2015 one memorable year!

It's great to be back and I am looking forward to some amazing times!

Hugs,

Lexy

• Like 6