highlights of the day

Being shown respect by people I don't even know for a reputation I didn't know I had earned.

It's really kind of a weird feeling when people recognize me and feel comfortable enough to start to chat me up like they know me. I guess that's what fame is? Nothing to do with this board, but that's happened, too.

• Like 1

Being shown respect by people I don't even know for a reputation I didn't know I had earned.

It's really kind of a weird feeling when people recognize me and feel comfortable enough to start to chat me up like they know me. I guess that's what fame is? Nothing to do with this board, but that's happened, too.

Your reputation proceeds you... that's good... I've reached a point in my career where people introduce themselves to me to network... which is good because when it comes to networking, I'm lazy.

• Like 1

Guest n*gu**6

Got a crapload of housecleaning done. I love a clean fresh home and it really shows today. Been very productive

Today I bought a big canvas for a new painting that I want to do... 30 inches by 40... I want to try something more challenging.... and big.

• Like 3

By chance or gift of fortune:), I just ran into one of my favourite girls ever, someone I haven't seen in over a year. We exchanged contact information so I'm hoping we now stay in touch.

• Like 6

Guest n*gu**6

My little guy really shined at his football tryouts. His first year trying out and coaches were only letting 2nd and 3rd year pass the ball and rest of the kids were receivers and he was a bit upset because he has an awesome arm. (I've spent many an hour teaching him and practicing at home...) So during one of the drills where the new kids were running post routes they had to catch and then run the ball back in... He dropped the pass (which was horribly underthrown...) and instead of running it back in he drilled a bullet pass right into the numbers on the guys jersey from about 15yds out. Not bad for a 10yo... Coach stepped up and saw it and asked him to throw him a pass and immediately switched out QBs for the night! He did awesome. I was proud beyond words.

Well, that was interesting. I went out for lunch today, and on my way back ran into a pack of youths. Literally.

I was walking on the sidewalk through an overpass just before a school. There were 8 of them. I counted. They would not make room for me and just before we made contact, I braced myself and stepped into a really good shoulder check. It pushed the first kid back into 2 others, making room for me to get by.

The first kid screamed out, "HEY, ASSHOLE!"

I took my phone out of my pocket, started the camera app, and snapped 3 shots off as I slowly turned around.

We exchanged further pleasantries until I told them that I was taking the photos to their school principal for identification. Their attitudes changed instantly to begging and bargaining.

I was not swayed. I'm like that.

Punk-ass bitches gotta learn. Don't be a dick.

• Like 2

Funny, something similar happened to me last week. Same scenario, pack of teenaged boys out at lunch, tried to nerve me off the sidewalk. Two things they didn't know. I weigh 285 lbs, most of it muscle, difficult to tell in a rain coat. Second thing is I don't like bullies, especially when they travel in packs. The one who slammed into me bounced off and landed on his ass. I turned and inquired as to his well being, my voice may have lacked a sympathetic tone as I growled "You ok?" With as much scowl as I could muster. The kid on the ground was cowed, his buddies gave way quickly enough and I went on my merry way.

Truth be told, with a little spring to my step. I wonder if this behaviour is more common place than the media reports? Hmmm.

• Like 4

Guest n*gu**6

I had a client balk at my invoice for fees which not only was almost spot on what my estimate was but in truth was actually a bargain compared to what it should have been. He got pissy and decided to get another client whom I do a tonne of work for to call me up and explain the bill and work that went into it and proceeded to 'cc me on his email response where he said that the bill was not only completely justified but below what his budget and expectation would have been for the scope of work provided. Yay me!

They might actually pay this one. haha

Oo! I just got confirmation for a new position I was looking at.

Let one of the girls here say that and see what kind of replies they get.

Job security established. Whew!

two meetings regarding two different project... both went well... but same old position, lol

Guest n*gu**6

I managed to do a couple random acts of kindness to people that did elicit some smiles. Even from strangers. So that was nice

They're offering a new relaxation course here at work to help us manage our stress. One hour a week for 4 weeks for $40.

"Feeling tight, stiff and inflexible? The RELEASE FROM HEAD TO TOE workshop is for you!"

Got my contributions to a document finished today... and sent it off to my colleagues... their turn... tag your it... lol.

• Like 1

Guest n*gu**6

It resulted in a Friday.....

Edited by n*gu**6
Typo

Guest n*gu**6

Got the word today that I will NOT need surgery on my knee!!!

Yay!!

Getting reacquainted with a gentleman I've known for a while. Time flies by too fast!

Thst was pretty awesome but answer my texts lady!

finished and mailed in my taxes (3.2 K coming back to me), mowed the lawn, trimmed the edges, cut apart some metal framework for a broken gazebo tent so that we can throw it out... and prepared to meet a lady... but that didn't go so well... for more on that story... see "Things that Suck"!!!

After the disaster on "Mother's day', I finally got to see the young lady today... we toasted a glass of wine to "Mother's day", lol. Now all is right in the world.