highlights of the day

Being diagnosed with pre-cancer last summer -- but this weeks cancer screening found three polyps but nothing cancerous. YAHOO!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Had the new car just over a month and some asshole decided to smash into the car door and take off. Total bummer.

Oops wrong spot... highlight of my day was finally finding a door for the car lol

I have not had that many hugs and kisses like I did this past weekend. My son, his wife and my granddaughter finally moved back home. I have not seen my granddaughter since April last year and she is so sweet with her hugs and kisses.

• Like 5

Realizing today that I had forgotten to press send on a rather nasty text message written on a bad mood day lol. I was all up in arms that I hadn't received a reply so I was all geared up to send the final blow! Whew! Dodged a bullet cause it ends up I was way wrong!

I am in shock. I received my 2017 tax refund today. (Especially since it was unexpected). CRA found money that a tax consultant missed. It is the first time in over 10 years that I have received a refund.

• Like 1

I just got back from a 4 day vacation, well needed. I went to Lake George bike rally(Americade) where I have seen many new and old bikes and took a few rides in the beautiful mountains with my bike.

While out for my morning walk I passed a woman in her mid 20s. She was very attractive. As we were passing I glanced down and noticed that she was not wearing a bra. She would have made a great picture for the Fripple Section.

• Like 2

Just remembering 40 years ago this day: 07-04-1978 Sweating profusely @ Rich Stadium(Buffalo) with Triumph, Journey, THE STONES, Atlanta Rhythm Section, and I think, April Wine was there , but not sure. My mind wasn't at 100% that day. My eyes were focused for the longest time on two(or did I have double vision?) nude chicks, wearing naught but white cornstarch on their armpits, dancing on dude's shoulders.

Fueled by purple microdot, and gallon jugs of warm gin+tonic, slung over shoulders with rope, a memorable time was had. All others with me are now deceased. All the clean living must've kept me above ground!! lol :)

Oh BTW, I was only ten years old ;).

• Like 3

Guest Prufrock Cummings
I am in shock. I received my 2017 tax refund today. (Especially since it was unexpected). CRA found money that a tax consultant missed. It is the first time in over 10 years that I have received a refund.

Congrats to you! I filed my taxes in February, had to pay $800, and even though the money left my account 4 months ago, I have not received acknowledgment of payment.

I am highly telepathic and usually a client will pop into my head quickly just like when you forget to do something. A regular popped into my head last night and assumed he would be calling today. I went about my day and was out to dinner tonight with another regular when this regular I thought of who had on my prediction list for today walked through the door of the restaurant. I almost died but wasn’t surprised. I smiled from afar in his direction and we were both discreet and didn’t speak to one another as he was with someone else as well. So I guess he technically showed up in my reality today. I send my regulars telepathic messages all the time. Lol.

• Like 1

Saw a new gentlemen who turned out to be really sweet and his enjoyment was ... let's just say intense.

It made me feel really good that he had such a great time and felt so comfortable !!

I love the ones who remind me what's it's really all about.

ilovemypinkbow

Went to buy groceries today including a six pack of 0 percent alcohol beer.  Going through the check out at Sobeys which recently began selling beer and cider. All buyers of beer and cider must have age of majority ID  So me, 57 years old had to produce ID for 0 percent alcohol beer. It was so absurd , not just that it was no alcohol, but me, along with many other buyers are so obviously in excess of legal age (nicer than saying old) need to show ID

But the highlight, being carded at my age.  Something teenagers dread, something older folks look at as "hey we look that young" LOL

RG

• Haha 1

Got my Christmas wish book today😂 oh OK actually a boat catalogue from Lund.  

Looking at getting a fishing boat, something in the 16-18 foot range, just for fishing, not doing tournaments anymore so no need for fancy bells and whistles

Couple boat models in mind, still going to take a look and talk to dealers this Winter

But now I can dream with pictures LOL

RG🐟

Pecker in the morning ! lol. Downy wood pecker that is ... at least I think it is . Still trying to figure out the hinterland who's who's in my backyard. Photo and editing by yours truly. Taken while precariously perched atop my washing machine and leaning on the window behind it to try and get a good shot at 8 am because I totally couldn't sleep this morning .... but I'm perfectly sane .. really !!! Doesn't everyone do that at 8 am ?? Ok.. off to bed now... I hear that sleep helps mental stability. lol. Wishing you all some great morning wood...peckers.

IMG_0903_2018-11-15_09_33_46b.jpg

More Hinterland Who's Who... If you like pecker in the morning ... you gotta love nuts ! And this guy has some pretty big ones considering he had to shimmy down the bird feeder wire  (like a fire pole) then slide off the roof to land precisely on the perch. Impressive dude ! Ok , done with the nature pics. Gentlemen, take a page from this guys book and don't let anyone grab your nuts.

Is anyone a birder here ? Trying to identify the new guy in the second picture . Thanks

IMG_0937.JPG

IMG_0916.JPG

Edited by Guest

Visited my son and family, played with my granddaughter on the carpet and after a bit laid down to rest a bit, my granddaughter came and laid beside me and whispered in my ear "I love you grandpa".  I will cherish this moment forever.

• Like 3

Highlights today, got Christmas grocery shopping done, before the crowds got there.  And second highlight, bought my six pack of no alcohol beer but even with no alcohol beer got asked for ID.  At my age a treat to be carded, something to be dreaded when I was underage...do I really look like a teenager

Merry Christmas

RG

• Like 1