highlights of the day

Had a mini road trip today. Turned the radio back to my regular station and guess what, no more Christmas music...Yay!!!😃 Finally back to my good time oldies

RG

• Like 2

I managed to breath life in my old laptop (it was/is barely living)  In it were some pictures of dad in his last year alive.  So I went out in the cold today largely to get the truck started and drive it a bit.  But I stopped and picked up a thumb drive. Lo and behold I was able to transfer the pics from the old computer to the thumb drive and then download them onto the computer I use now.  Glad to do that, now the pictures are saved both on my laptop and the thumb drive

Second highlight was my truck started up in this cold no problem

A good Saturday

RG

• Like 4

Well, I'm just getting up and around, starting my day. 😬.. I know, it's almost supper time. The Life of someone that works Night Shift (Outside of Hosting.. that is😉.. I need to correct that 1, as it could be taken the wrong way) haha.. 

So, I'm getting my Caffeine into me, a bit of housework, and Getting my Beautiful Babies (2Kittys) set up.. And they are Beautiful 😜.. Lol..

• Like 4

Had the worst (well one of the worst exams :classic_ohmy:) a guy gets as part of his physical yesterday, a prostate exam, consisting of a DRE :classic_ohmy:😭:classic_ohmy: (digital rectal exam) followed by PSA (prostate specific antigen test...just taking blood).  Anyhow why a highlight, results back today, results all good.  Things like this never concerned me before but considering Dad died of cancer and health wise I had a mini Stroke (Dad had a Stroke years ago) it was in the back of my mind I might have cancer too.

Strange how things can play on your mind, all jokes about prostrate exams aside, I thought I might get prostate cancer.  It is a relief, didn't know how much. 

Now a couple more curves in my life to get through then "touch wood" smooth sailing

But on the lighter side.....

RG

obVh1s7.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Interestingly I had to have a colonoscipy the year following my wife's death. As they had given me Demirol on a prior occasion to lessen the discomfort during the procedure, it was necessary that I had someone to get me home following the procedure. On this occasion I showed up by my self so was given several options, I chose to go ahead "sans drugs" not wanting to go through the cleansing preparations again. It's kind of like getting dental work without being frozen. Better be safe than sorry.

Ouch !!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Went grocery shopping today, got $10.00 off the bill.....had that many points on my Air Miles card.

Air Miles better return than roll up the rim LOL

RG

• Like 1

Been working casual hours at my new job for a couple months now, and unfortunately my manager just doesn't have the hours to bump be up to even part time. However, we did work out a deal since he knows I need the money, and he knows I work hard for it. Any time someone calls in sick or they need extra hands, he calls me first to see if I can take their hours for the day. With how many calls my department gets, this is practically like being bumped up to full time. I might not get the benefits, but the extra pay makes all the difference.

• Like 4

I babysat my granddaughter on the weekend and finalized the potty training with her.  I know that I'm not the one who started it but she's got it under control now.

Second highlight is that today is the first day of spring. Woohoo !

This is an odd one but i actually had a belly laugh sitting here all by muself. I received a text asking if i would accept a check. LMAO i had actual laughing tears rolling down my face! Thanks for the giggle!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/15/2019 at 7:57 AM, NotchJohnson said:

Finally starting to see my driveway, it was covered with ice since the beginning of winter.

I can relate to this @NotchJohnson!  I had to rent a Jackhammer as the ice had gotten to a point it was 13" solid (thanks to the lovely city sidewalk cleaners)

3 hours ago, Meg O'Ryan said:

I received a text asking if i would accept a check. 

@Meg O'Ryan better have been at least certified lol

• Like 1

Cleaning out the front lawn after all the snow melted!... Litter that drove me crazy, 6 Tims cups, 2 beer cans, 1 McDs Soft drink cup and French fry container and finally a broken hubcap .. surprisingly not as bad as I expected but disgusting either way

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Honestly this sucks for many of us but my highlights is that my front lawn is white this morning but so is everyone else.  I take great care of my lawn and for some reason I'm always the last property to still have snow in the spring while everyone else is cutting their lawn.

This is why I find that today we are all even.

Two highlights -- both for Sunday.

-  Watching Tiger Woods won the 2019 Masters Golf Championship marking an incredible comeback from injury and personal hardship that ended a nearly 11-year-long championship drought.  This was his 5th Masters and he won his first in 1997.

image.thumb.png.9a8bc376f863b0a24c68ab38df3bf0af.png

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/14/713280877/tiger-woods-wins-his-5th-masters-title-marking-a-career-comeback

The second highlight was -- The premier of Game of Thrones season 8.

image.thumb.png.fa9557f10f9e7fd7b3f9f4ca09d4bc00.png

https://www.cnet.com/news/game-of-thrones-season-8-premiere-episode-1-recap-winterfell-jon-snow-bran-stark/

• Like 1

I'm getting $1500.00 for being loyal 😆

OK GMC is offering me a $1500.00 loyalty bonus BUT I've got to buy a new truck

Wasn't it good enough I bought a truck not even 14 months ago LOL

Maybe this should be in the things that suck thread...getting promised $1500.00 when you really didn't get a red cent😆

But I still like my Sierra 4X4😃… going to keep it

RG

• Like 1

The hiatus is over...booked my date in June with the beautiful Evelyn Underwood.  Restaurant reservations and hotel reservations made.

Counting the weeks down now

RG

• Like 2

Today was a couple of highlights.  Did my grocery shopping and going through the check out earned enough Air Miles Points to get a $10.00 gift card at the grocery store.

And when I got home sitting waiting for me was my Vitamix blender that I ordered last week.  It's already had it's first blend (ok it was the washing blend but a blend is a blend LOL)… Right now its in the dishrack drying (may even be dry by now).  Tonight I'm going to be bad and have a milkshake...no not a smoothie, but an ice cream milkshake...tomorrow the Vitamix will be used for goodness, not evil LOL

A Rambling

RG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roamingguy said:

Today was a couple of highlights.  Did my grocery shopping and going through the check out earned enough Air Miles Points to get a $10.00 gift card at the grocery store.

And when I got home sitting waiting for me was my Vitamix blender that I ordered last week.  It's already had it's first blend (ok it was the washing blend but a blend is a blend LOL)… Right now its in the dishrack drying (may even be dry by now).  Tonight I'm going to be bad and have a milkshake...no not a smoothie, but an ice cream milkshake...tomorrow the Vitamix will be used for goodness, not evil LOL

A Rambling

RG

I have had a vitamix for 3 years now and I love it, from smoothies to soup a perfect kitchen appliance.

• Thanks 1